PDA

View Full Version : Black Wingless STI... Getting Towed :( Around Temple U

JST2KWIK
01-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Was walking back to my apartment at Temple when I saw the sad sight of George Smith Towing hooking up a 2004-2005 black, wingless STI with silver stock BBS's to their dodge ram tow truck. This was in the parking lot for Avenue North by the Edge inbetween Broad and 15th streets that connects Cecil B. Moore to Oxford street.

Should've left your car in gear so they had to bring a flat bed! Must've had the e-brake on since they towed it from the rear. The wheels were turned though so I can;t imagine what that will do to the front tires! :eek:

Was sad to see :( I would have taken a picture but the iPhone was out of battery lol. If you're on here, don't worry your car wasn't stolen and hopefully they don't damage it at all seeing as the boneheads driving tow trucks seem not to care about the vehicles they are towing. Good luck!

Vr-4-Life
01-27-2010, 05:32 PM
They towed an AWD car from two wheels? Is the STI special because that should break ****...

Renegade_
01-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Nope, that would break the front diff pretty badly.

What douchebags

JST2KWIK
01-27-2010, 06:41 PM
yeah that's what I thought too it really should've been flatbedded. Or better yet, not towed at all! I had my BMW 335i towed from a church that tons of kids parked at to walk to school before we were seniors and had parking passes. My buddy and I were polite and parked far away whereas other kids parked in the front spots and they towed both of our cars-2007 BMW 335i coupe and 2006 Ford Mustang GT convertible-presumably because we had money to pay for the tows.

In towing my car they scratched the front bumper on the curb pulling into their dirt storage lot and my friend's mustang mysteriously got a flat the next day. Ever since then I HATE tow truck drivers. They had to call the cops because we were flipping out so much and doing donuts in their lot around customers lol :finga:

MJSWRX
01-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Yea but the real question is did u put the ecu in the oven for extra hp? hahaha lmao

Hold_Fast
01-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Should've left your car in gear so they had to bring a flat bed! Must've had the e-brake on since they towed it from the rear. The wheels were turned though so I can;t imagine what that will do to the front tires! :eek:

They should have brought a flat bed regardless. Bye-bye differentials. I would be pissed if I was that guy.

wsirianni
01-27-2010, 07:42 PM
that was me..... i asked the guy before i picked it up and he said that he put it on dollies..... i doubt him very much soo. i cant really express how pissed i am. are you sure they didnt use dollies? i just need to know because there was some fishy stuff goin on i had to pay180 to get it out ohh and the tow lot was at sw philly s.61st over the passyunk bridge. and they made me get cash which i know is illegal. ugh i gots some work to do tomorow about this situation. but anyway that was my car.

DrEvo18
01-27-2010, 08:14 PM
whyd your car get towed wade ? lol

JST2KWIK
01-27-2010, 09:38 PM
that was me..... i asked the guy before i picked it up and he said that he put it on dollies..... i doubt him very much soo. i cant really express how pissed i am. are you sure they didnt use dollies? i just need to know because there was some fishy stuff goin on i had to pay180 to get it out ohh and the tow lot was at sw philly s.61st over the passyunk bridge. and they made me get cash which i know is illegal. ugh i gots some work to do tomorow about this situation. but anyway that was my car.

They DID NOT USE DOLLIES! I was there and watched them take the car from the lot you were in and drive down 15th street a few minutes later from the window of my apartment WITHOUT DOLLIES.

When he drove away a heard a pretty horrific squeeling sound but I assumed it was the truck's wheelbearing or something. So mad my iPhone was dead or else I could've gotten a pic... If you need me to write a statement or something as a witness lmk!

GmFwd
01-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Yea but the real question is did u put the ecu in the oven for extra hp? hahaha lmao

HAHAHAHA thats all me and it fixed the issue!

JST2KWIK
01-27-2010, 11:28 PM
hahahaha yezzir!

milfhunter
01-28-2010, 01:41 AM
damn wade sorry to hear that

Got Insulin?
01-28-2010, 01:46 AM
and they made me get cash which i know is illegal.

I'm pretty sure it isn't. Most towing companies deal strictly in cash so they don't get burnt, and not all of their trucks can be fitted with card readers. A friend of mine payed a $150 ticket in nickels and the towing company had a fit. It was epic.

wsirianni
01-28-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm pretty sure it isn't. Most towing companies deal strictly in cash so they don't get burnt, and not all of their trucks can be fitted with card readers. A friend of mine payed a $150 ticket in nickels and the towing company had a fit. It was epic.

http://whyy.org/cms/news/regional-news/2009/11/11/report-claims-towing-firms-gouge-drivers/22649 it says they must accept credit cards.

wsirianni
01-28-2010, 07:31 AM
They DID NOT USE DOLLIES! I was there and watched them take the car from the lot you were in and drive down 15th street a few minutes later from the window of my apartment WITHOUT DOLLIES.

When he drove away a heard a pretty horrific squeeling sound but I assumed it was the truck's wheelbearing or something. So mad my iPhone was dead or else I could've gotten a pic... If you need me to write a statement or something as a witness lmk!

yea i might need you to. i wish you had taken a picture. im gonna see where this goes first. my car does drive ok no unknown noises or anything as of yet and my gear oil smells and looks good and clean. and when i called last night and asked are you sure your tow used dollies the guy on the other side of the phone got extremely rude and started explaining to me of all people how awd works i was like dude i know my car alot more than u and he said and i quote if my car hadnt been off the ground the front wheels would have locked up and the trans would be on fire and fall apart.... i just got mad and had to explain what a center diff did in the car. so now that i know they have to take credit im goin to file a report and contact a news company. they did this a year ago with lew blum towing.

wsirianni
01-28-2010, 07:34 AM
whyd your car get towed wade ? lol

cause i fudged up shane i fudged up.

milfhunter
01-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Yea man contact fox news they always lookin for stories like this

wsirianni
01-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Yea man contact fox news they always lookin for stories like this

yea i sent one to nbc 10 just a few min ago. i hope they do say something.

milfhunter
01-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Is there any uneven wear on the tires?

rskylinej
01-28-2010, 04:01 PM
lawsuittttttttttt

wsirianni
01-28-2010, 04:18 PM
no no uneven tirewear. man i hope nothin is messed up. and now i got alot of people to call about this. i contacted nbc and they said to call the police tow squad and they told me to contact l and i liscence and inspection deparment. and nbc told me to let them know what happens.

JST2KWIK
01-28-2010, 04:58 PM
no no uneven tirewear. man i hope nothin is messed up. and now i got alot of people to call about this. i contacted nbc and they said to call the police tow squad and they told me to contact l and i liscence and inspection deparment. and nbc told me to let them know what happens.

Yeah that just sucks hopefully everything goes well and maybe you can get some money out of them or at bare minimum, the money back for the tow. Good luck lmk if/when you need any kind of statement or whatever.

Supraru
01-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Damn that blows. I'd make them pay for a rental while your car gets inspected at a subaru dealer. And if there is damage they have to pay for it obviously. It doesn't take much to screw them up being towed like that. Dollies are easy to use. They used them on every single car awd or not at my school (wyotech) just in case. Also did the police say it was reported or not? Every single car that is towed must be reported to the police or they are in deep trouble. Yeah you screwed up to get towed but it doesn't mean they can tow your car improperly and damage it.

JST2KWIK
01-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Damn that blows. I'd make them pay for a rental while your car gets inspected at a subaru dealer. And if there is damage they have to pay for it obviously. It doesn't take much to screw them up being towed like that. Dollies are easy to use. They used them on every single car awd or not at my school (wyotech) just in case. Also did the police say it was reported or not? Every single car that is towed must be reported to the police or they are in deep trouble. Yeah you screwed up to get towed but it doesn't mean they can tow your car improperly and damage it.

Very true though I never knew the drivers had to report it to the police. I guess so no one thinks their car was stolen?

Supraru
01-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Very true though I never knew the drivers had to report it to the police. I guess so no one thinks their car was stolen?

It's 100% against the law. I guess the main reason for it is so when you get towed to track down your car you can just call the police and they will give you the information on where it is and why. Another reason is so there is no funny business going on like towing people for no reason just so the companies can make money just towing whoever they want.

natethegreatt
01-29-2010, 07:48 PM
wow. that sucks. philly's gotta get money somehow. did you park in the "wrong" place?

92sileighty
01-29-2010, 08:48 PM
dude my 240 was towed by them and they scratched up my car. i paid $12 to park in this lot and one hour later i came out, there was no one in the booth at the front of the lot, and my car was jacked. i had the ****ing parking pass sitting on my dashboard. i had to pay 300 dollars to get it back that day. they told me they i wasnt in a lot, but when i get my car back i ****ing showed them the ticket that was in my car. i called the cops 11 times too, never showed up, i waited 5 hours for them. i can understand how pissed you might be. i'll definitely stir up some **** with you.

GmFwd
01-29-2010, 09:18 PM
Philly is a peice of **** pretty much

wsirianni
01-30-2010, 02:24 PM
update i got a email back from nbc 10 they asked if where i was with the sitiuation and if i would be comfortable on camera.....

ho1ywars
01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
update i got a email back from nbc 10 they asked if where i was with the sitiuation and if i would be comfortable on camera.....

get um!

A friend of mine does repos, and sometimes he'll pull a awd car a few hundred feet before putting it on dollies so he has more room. just fyi. they probably didnt, cause tow companies are scumbags.

jjm4life
01-30-2010, 03:13 PM
i know that lot you were towed to. its pretty scary over there haha. sucks about your car i hope you get them good.

JST2KWIK
01-31-2010, 07:06 PM
get um!

A friend of mine does repos, and sometimes he'll pull a awd car a few hundred feet before putting it on dollies so he has more room. just fyi. they probably didnt, cause tow companies are scumbags.

Nope, he had plenty of room after he pulled it out of the spot. I watched him tow it away without dollies and then I saw him driving down 15th st about five minutes later from the window of my apartment-no dollies. Hopefully you'll get a good story on NBC! I watched them tow a 300m out of that lot today and the alarm was going off as they were driving down the street lol

JST2KWIK
01-31-2010, 11:34 PM
more evidence this company is very shady... just read some of the reviews http://philadelphia.citysearch.com/review/8996863

NickDHdfc
02-01-2010, 12:30 AM
what a bunch of scumbags. Let me know if you do a report on it, i wanna see it!

goodluck with the rest of it, i hope you woop their asses lol

Derek
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
I hate tow truck companies. Most of the are POS scum out to get a buck on peoples misfortune. Sort of like this http://www.break.com/index/bad_toe_truck_driver.html I hope that you get your money back man.