PDA

View Full Version : WRX Part Number

xEJ20x
01-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Does anyone know the part number for the recirculating elbow that goes on the stock BPV.

TehWagon
01-16-2006, 08:13 AM
look on subarugenuineparts.com... or subaruparts.com... they have a way to get in and get to the illustrations with the part numbers... or you could call wilkinssubaru and ask them... i'll look into it when i wake up if you still can't find it...

xEJ20x
01-16-2006, 11:05 AM
So I looked around, and according to SubaruParts.com the only way to get the elbow is to buy the whole BPV too.

I think I might take a ride to Martin Subaru and see if I can get the part.

ScoobyNubieToo!
01-16-2006, 11:58 AM
So I looked around, and according to SubaruParts.com the only way to get the elbow is to buy the whole BPV too.

I think I might take a ride to Martin Subaru and see if I can get the part.
I would call ahead....they never seem to have anything in stock I need.

xEJ20x
01-16-2006, 11:59 AM
I would call ahead....they never seem to have anything in stock I need.

Gives me an excuse to drive the WRX. :mrgreen:

And any excuse is a good one. :thumbup:

TehWagon
01-16-2006, 01:56 PM
this is true, but if they don't have it and you're tired of running around, call wilkins- they absolutly ROCK for parts...

TROLL
01-16-2006, 04:12 PM
you need the cast elbow that bolts to the actual BPV and is what the rubber hose goes onto? hmm i would think you could order just that part but honestly you might want to see if you can pick up a used stock BPV cause it'll probably be the same price or even cheaper.
or last resort contact GFB or Worx as i think they each have BOVs that reuse that elbow. they are intended to use the stock piece, but maybe they make an aftermarket one as well to go with the BOV.
bryan

xEJ20x
01-16-2006, 05:09 PM
I guess I should explain my situation.

I picked up a Worx adjustable BOV from Francesco's cousin around October.
However, when I went to put it on I had encountered a stubborn screw that held the elbow on the stock on.
I hit the screw with some WD-40 and let it work in for about 20 mins.
Still didn't budge.

So I decided that stripping the head off a screw wouldn't be worth it.
And decided to check around for a stock elbow.
But as many things in speeding trains of thought, it got put onto the back burner and eventually forgotten.