PDA

View Full Version : Organizing DE meet

JasonKilpa
01-10-2006, 07:26 PM
In an effort to get more participation out of the people here in Delaware I want to organize either a bi-weekly meet or a monthly meet. Just someplace nice where we can all meet up, hang out, and have a good time. Of course our state isn't that big so traveling isn't a big deal to places. There are some places here in Dover we can possibly but I know there could be some better places up state. What is everyones feelings on this and does anyone else have a suggestion about our meets? I'm open for suggestions. I look forward to meeting everyone on here at our first meet.

koho2731
01-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Dover would be the easiest for me, but I'm open to a drive to. As far as a place I have no clue I guess the mall would work. For the summer is got to be the beach :lol:

OWENthatsmyname
01-10-2006, 10:55 PM
haha, looks like i prolly wont attend these then, since im up in wilmington

JasonKilpa
01-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Well there is nothing stopping us from coming up to Wilmington either. Like I said before thats not that far away. And during the summer it would be a great idea to have a meet down at the beach. So where can we meet up north than?

04wrx
01-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I am pa/del boarder so I could def do wilmington

IBLIS
01-11-2006, 08:55 PM
I am pa/del boarder so I could def do wilmington

ditto

JasonKilpa
01-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Is Christiana Mall a good place to meet up there? Or does someone know someplace better? I know of Concord mall too but other places or places to eat I'm not as familiar of up there.

IBLIS
01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Concord mall is good for me, plenty of places to eat in the area. just depends what kind of food everyone wants.. There is a TGI Friday's right across the street, most people are cool with their menu. ((shrug))

S4toSTI
01-12-2006, 11:02 AM
If it is going to be at one of those two malls i would probably roll down there.

04wrx
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
I could do either one of them two.

koho2731
01-12-2006, 02:51 PM
were is the Concord mall?

JasonKilpa
01-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Up on Concord Pike a little north of Wilmington. Its real easy to get to. All main roads for us coming from Dover.

Omega SE
01-13-2006, 02:36 AM
Up on Concord Pike a little north of Wilmington. Its real easy to get to. All main roads for us coming from Dover.

if you need help setting up a meet, feel free to let me know. i was intending to at some point to set up a meet down in that area.

jspek
01-13-2006, 07:16 AM
my friends who live in de usually meet up every sunday in newark. sometimes they go back roading sometimes they go out to eat. id be down for a meet...maybe i could get them to come out

US_R33
01-13-2006, 01:50 PM
if i'm in DE when there's a meet going on i'll probably roll up there

my girl lives around the Concord Mall area

Late,
Daniel

SinistiR
01-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Let me know when you guys are meeting up and I will try and swing through. I just live outside of Newark.

Maverick31
01-14-2006, 01:17 AM
I'll probably be down for this... Newark is a good area to meet.

JasonKilpa
01-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Ok how about this? January 27th at Concord mall at 7:00 p.m.? Everyone cool with that?

koho2731
01-14-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't know if I will be able to make it on the 27th. It would depend on if I finish working on my car before then.

Rob2krs
01-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Ok how about this? January 27th at Concord mall at 7:00 p.m.? Everyone cool with that?

In the wilmington area the usual meetup spot is at the Dunkin Donuts, but it doesn't really matter if you want to meet up at the mall, I'll be out regardless, prety easy to spot. I'm in the only purple Trans Am in the area.

RoaminCoyote
01-19-2006, 07:25 PM
subscribing....if you have it at don pablo's next to christiana, we'll be there....tasty mexican eats. We've had the "west chester" meets at the Chili's next to Borders....it's been a while. Maybe February or March. We've been wanting to do one in Christiana and Newark...just never happened.

I get down to Concord a lot if you see me.

SinistiR- are the roads near xotic done yet???? it's too windy & cold right now though. :lol: You guys still running dyno days? I might get my se-r baselined.

-wylie

DiP_SeT_RicAn
01-23-2006, 04:48 PM
hey guys ima newbie but i was readin how u guys are looking for a place to meet.....well i happen to work at a indoor go-kart track in wilmington on rt 13...we have already had a couple meets there...there was a dodge ram meet there on saturday and the porshe club comes by every wensday to race.....

heres the website if u guys are interested....http://www.midatlanticgrandprix.com/

SinistiR
01-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Wylie

Yup, the roads are done, we will definalty be doing some meet/greets when the weather gets consistantly better.

Andy

StreetEG
01-30-2006, 08:08 PM
subscribed

StreetEG
01-30-2006, 08:09 PM
hey guys ima newbie but i was readin how u guys are looking for a place to meet.....well i happen to work at a indoor go-kart track in wilmington on rt 13...we have already had a couple meets there...there was a dodge ram meet there on saturday and the porshe club comes by every wensday to race.....

heres the website if u guys are interested....http://www.midatlanticgrandprix.com/

I have been there plenty of times...I have the white eg....weve definately talked a bunch... anyway if you want to set up meets here that would be cool...take racing to the track....

DiP_SeT_RicAn
02-08-2006, 10:52 PM
^^^yea i remember you... u ran the tuesday night league....yea im tryin to get a meet going at the track even though i dont have a car....lol but yea its a great place to have a meet.

05sti
02-16-2006, 04:46 PM
hey whats up guys. at meet at the track would be pretty cool. How's greg's wrx running. i havent seen you guys around in a while. o by the way i decided agains the teins and im goin kw varient 3's instead. anyway hope to see u guys up at the track sometime.

StreetEG
02-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Ya i think march 3rd a bunch of us are rolling to the track....not totally sure though i coulda pulled that out of my A$$....Gregs car is running extremely well and we havent been to mid atlantic cause we are brooooke! anyway...dont be a stranger

SinistiR
02-19-2006, 02:29 PM
hey whats up guys. at meet at the track would be pretty cool. How's greg's wrx running. i havent seen you guys around in a while. o by the way i decided agains the teins and im goin kw varient 3's instead. anyway hope to see u guys up at the track sometime.
FWIW, I have experience with both Teins and KW, go with the Teins.