PDA

View Full Version : calling all Mustang guys

SIracer07
11-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Yoo TST. i currently drive a 2007 civic si but ive always wanted a mustang from the day i got my license. well soon i might get my chance but i wanted to check out a mustang forum before i sealed the deal. my si has 46000 miles on it and it moded to the neck and ive never had one single problem with it. i know its a ford but i wanna know some common problems or what to look for in a used mustang....

my si.
http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh409/SIracer07/IMG00008-20091025-1705.jpg

btw i want a red, black or white GT 2007+ in a 5 speed

SIracer07
12-01-2009, 09:32 AM
any mustang guys on here?

LIPCOLL320
12-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Buy a Cobra!

telopyros
12-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Good cars, and can be rather quick with I/H/E and some gears. Why 07+ that body style was 05+?

lownslow95
12-01-2009, 10:49 AM
:iagree: I would get the terminator body style Cobra if I were to get any Mustang.

HickRocket1258
12-01-2009, 11:02 AM
The '05+ Mustangs are kind of quick. I wouldn'y mind having one in my opinion, but first thing you want to do is gears if you do get one. Best bang for the buck.

telopyros
12-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Ok so i do agree on the cobra comment, there badass. However what if he wants something newer then a 03/04? There are VERY hard to come by unmodded, and a warranty is out of the question. Me personally, I would love a sn95 with a stroked 351. I would look into some mustang forums on it.

tomustang
12-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Ok so i do agree on the cobra comment, there badass. However what if he wants something newer then a 03/04? There are VERY hard to come by unmodded, and a warranty is out of the question. Me personally, I would love a sn95 with a stroked 351. I would look into some mustang forums on it.

You are voiding the warranty when you mod a new car anyway

If modding is the plan you shouldn't worry what the factory warranty is, you should be more concerned about making payments on a car you don't own yet and modding it

CULATER
12-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Get a 03-04 cobra or an 05+ 3v and turbo it. Boost is the only way to go if you want to make any power with a mod motor.

Chris B.
12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
I know its a ford but i wanna know some common problems or what to look for in a used mustang....

The only major issue I now about probably was resolved in most of the 2007+ cars already. Some 2007 and 2008 model year 5 speed manual transmission Mustang GT's had a transmission case that was machined incorrectly by the company that makes the transmissions used in the Mustang GT. This caused the gears to grind on the 1-2 and/or 2-3 shift when the transmission was cold. My silver 2008 GT had this issue and had to have the transmission replaced when rebuilding it with new parts didn't fix the problem.

btw i want a red, black or white GT 2007+ in a 5 speed

Why a 2007+ and not a 2005+?

Which 5 speed? The 5 speed auto or 5 speed manual?

I only have the Steeda CAI and Steeda 91 octane CAI tune for power/drivetrain mods on my 2008 Mustang GT. I ran a 13.3@106 MPH in the 1/4 recently. That's the same times the gutted hatches with K20 swaps and I/H/E were running at the same track, the same day.

I also take my Mustang to track days and resolved the issue of brake fade with Hawk HP+ pads and Motul 600 RBF. The stock Mustang brake pads and fluid aren't up to doing 30 minute track sessions without brake fade, but replacing the pads and fluid helps a lot. I now can do 30 minute sessions at NJMP and Monticello Motor Club without brake fade issues.

If you want to talk with a bunch of people that modify their Mustangs and race them regullarly, try the S197 forums:
http://s197forum.com/forum (http://s197forum.com/forum/index.php)

You are voiding the warranty when you mod a new car anyway

That's not entirely true. You void the warranty on the part you modify if the modification caused the part failure or mechanical issue. I actually took Ford to court over this back in 2002 when one of my cars had some problems that were not racing or modification related. I won the case and got about $5,000 back from Ford. My car at the time had a ported throttle body, ported intake manifold, ported and polished head with 1mm oversized valves, 4-1 header, custom PCM programming, and other modifications. Other people I know had talked with the service manager after the service manager wanted them to pay for non modification related issues and Ford ended up covering it. The Magnusson-Moss warranty act does protect you when it comes to modificatiosn and warranties.

SIracer07
12-01-2009, 04:45 PM
The only major issue I now about probably was resolved in most of the 2007+ cars already. Some 2007 and 2008 model year 5 speed manual transmission Mustang GT's had a transmission case that was machined incorrectly by the company that makes the transmissions used in the Mustang GT. This caused the gears to grind on the 1-2 and/or 2-3 shift when the transmission was cold. My silver 2008 GT had this issue and had to have the transmission replaced when rebuilding it with new parts didn't fix the problem.

Why a 2007+ and not a 2005+?

Which 5 speed? The 5 speed auto or 5 speed manual?

I only have the Steeda CAI and Steeda 91 octane CAI tune for power/drivetrain mods on my 2008 Mustang GT. I ran a 13.3@106 MPH in the 1/4 recently. That's the same times the gutted hatches with K20 swaps and I/H/E were running at the same track, the same day.

I also take my Mustang to track days and resolved the issue of brake fade with Hawk HP+ pads and Motul 600 RBF. The stock Mustang brake pads and fluid aren't up to doing 30 minute track sessions without brake fade, but replacing the pads and fluid helps a lot. I now can do 30 minute sessions at NJMP and Monticello Motor Club without brake fade issues.

If you want to talk with a bunch of people that modify their Mustangs and race them regullarly, try the S197 forums:
http://s197forum.com/forum (http://s197forum.com/forum/index.php)

That's not entirely true. You void the warranty on the part you modify if the modification caused the part failure or mechanical issue. I actually took Ford to court over this back in 2002 when one of my cars had some problems that were not racing or modification related. I won the case and got about $5,000 back from Ford. My car at the time had a ported throttle body, ported intake manifold, ported and polished head with 1mm oversized valves, 4-1 header, custom PCM programming, and other modifications. Other people I know had talked with the service manager after the service manager wanted them to pay for non modification related issues and Ford ended up covering it. The Magnusson-Moss warranty act does protect you when it comes to modificatiosn and warranties.

thanks you. you have been the most helpful so far. i wanted an 07+ because of the warranty and i heard that the 05,06 had problems. i do not want a cobra. i want a mustang gt. i know they arent the fastest but i love how they look. this guy on the 8th civic forum is running a 13.8 with I/H/E and no tune and people are in the mid to low 13's with a tune so im not buying it for its speed, however the torque is nice. i also love how they sound. im sure id be modding the mustang too. thanks for all of ur help and for the mustang forum reference