PDA

View Full Version : Black body kits

180sxDrifter
01-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Well I have been wanting a kit for some time, but does anyone know of any companies other the bmagic that make thier kits in black and not white or some other funky color.. cause I'm too cheap to pay for paint atm and the fact that no1 can see that my car is green and not black/grey/w/e other color they think

Gorilla Unit 33
01-09-2006, 03:44 AM
OEM stuff normally comes black hahaha

07BlackSS
01-09-2006, 03:45 AM
The kit that I got from ViS Racing was all white but my front bumper was Black....

themadhatter
01-09-2006, 04:37 AM
why not spend $40 at walmart on Krylon and go nuts on it? it'll look far better then the stereotypical ricer body kit of being fitted but not painted.

07BlackSS
01-09-2006, 01:20 PM
why not spend $40 at walmart on Krylon and go nuts on it? it'll look far better then the stereotypical ricer body kit of being fitted but not painted.

x2...Good idea for the time being :thumbup:

xEJ20x
01-09-2006, 02:06 PM
Might as well get some clearcoat too.

LSHatch
01-09-2006, 05:28 PM
If you aren't going to paint it, please don't buy a kit.

180sxDrifter
01-09-2006, 07:30 PM
yea but thats y I want a black one just soemthing I can beat on for now and use for track use in the summer that I wont mind beating on.... and at night you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.. plus Im getting my car painted at my school.. but the waiting list is endless and thier is no set date, its when ever they can get you in they take you

LSHatch
01-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Any particular reason you want this kit for track use? That doesn't make any sense to me.

If you are going to do anything, just Krylon the whole car. It will look just as bad/good as having an unpainted body kit. There are actually tutorials online on how to do it. Or at least try to body match the kit a little bit.

180sxDrifter
01-10-2006, 05:32 PM
well like I want a black kit so I dont have to rush and get a paintjob.. just have to wait untill they can get my car in at school an dget a decent job done for cheap.. and since I want to drift this car this summer no sense in getting an expensive paintjob when chances are it will get cracked/destroyed on the track

CHR!S
01-10-2006, 05:36 PM
just spend the money and get the bmagic :)

HatchSurfer3
01-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Just get a lip kit...I agree with everyone else, dont get one if ur not going to paint it. And also I dont see the point to getting it for track use either. But hey, if u like it who cares what everyone else thinkgs. Do what you want to do cause its ur car.

R33P3R007
01-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Cool, I want a double stack aluminum wing for my SS too, just for track use though. I'll swap it out when not at the track

180sxDrifter
01-12-2006, 07:34 PM
hah funny.. I love how none of you can read everything.. I'm gonna use this car as a track car.. for drifting.. and my DD so Im not gonna waste my money to hurry and get a expensive ass paintjob, when I can get it done for next to nothing by my firends who I trust and have seen thier work at school..... and then have it just get all cracked/destroyed.. so I want a black kit so it blends nicer untill I get the paint job... hmm broken record? its not all I want a black kit so I never have to paint it cause my car is black and im gonna switch it off and on for track events... plz leave ur dumbass coments to urself....

96s14
01-12-2006, 11:28 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c316/96s14/pdmkit.jpg

96s14
01-12-2006, 11:28 PM
that is a PDM RAcing fiberglass lip. if i had a s13 i would no doubt buy that

LSHatch
01-13-2006, 01:40 AM
its not all I want a black kit so I never have to paint it cause my car is black and im gonna switch it off and on for track events... plz leave ur dumbass coments to urself....

You are going to try and dis everyone on here? Yet, you want an unpainted body kit? I bet you make fun of cars with big rims and altezzas don't you? Sounds kind of similar.

What do you need a BODY KIT for, for TRACK events?

US_R33
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
he doesn't NEED a body kit for track events.....he wants one....seems to be confused about his terminology :wink: if you're new to drifting/any form of motorsports really, then you're going to bang up your pretty painted body kit........whenever you do get it painted. your best bet, either krylon the entire car AND bodykit when you get it or you could even use truck bedliner.....that way when you crack up the paint hitting cones you can just respray that section and its good as new in 5 minutes...pure function :thumbup:

just to let you know though, you will definitely notice that the car is green in the daytime, even with a black body kit........black does not equal green. and please don't disrespect the S chassis by installing an unpainted bodykit......it doesn't make it "drift spec" or whatever you want to call it........zip tied bumpers do, unpainted body kit don't

or better yet......just save your money and buy the kit you really want for the car when you can A) afford to paint it the color you want and B) have at least 1 season of drifting experience under your belt so your less likely to go out and mess up the kit or paint job

and don't forget fiberglass kits NEVER fit right and its going to need fitting work and BONDO....no more black kit then :shrug:

Late,
Daniel

180sxDrifter
01-14-2006, 12:45 AM
yea I dont NEED a kit I said I want a kit.. and Im going to be using this car for track events and it will get banged up.....no I wasnt dissing eveyone on here just the ppl who try to start stuff for no reason.. and yes i do make fun of altezza's and a few of my friends have em and I make fun of them too... nothing wrong with big rims so yea chillax some

I'm not a fan of lip kits really on fastbacks, I sold my pignose lip....I like the bmagic kits.. I was just wondering if thier was any others out thier... and It will be noticeable but owell.. I wont have like any notice when the school can take my car and If I dont give them my car when they can take it... it wont get painted and I have nowhere to store a bkit other then on the car thats y I want a black kit so it doesnt stand out AS MUCH as a white kit would

boostedgts
01-17-2006, 06:36 PM
please say no to unpainted body kits! but to answer your question the ABS plastic body kits i've seen come in black. I don't know if they make any for your car but you can try to search for those.

EM2Pa
01-17-2006, 09:30 PM
get urethane. urethane is black and it flexs and is indestructable. i have urethane and live and die by it. Never get fiberglass unless u dont mind it cracking and what not. Urethane works great in the winter, u can hit a curb and it wont break, crack, etc, it just flexs. Fiberglass is white and will crack easily if u hit a patch of snow or anything. I had urethane all through the past couple winters and no problems at all. Thats with it lowered and all. Althought urethane might be more than fiberglass, even double the price, its worth it for the quality that ur getting and durability.