PDA

View Full Version : To sync the turbos or not.

drifterfett
11-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Last year I rebuilt my motor and trans when the car hit 100k. No problems pre-rebuild besides my turbos whining real loud. I figured I would drive on them till they blew up or I found a low mileage pair. After the rebuild they recommended syncing the turbos together. Which I did and it did give me great power but after the long lag.

Now the question: I just found clean 20k mile turbos. I am going to be selling the car soon. Should I sync them together again or leave them sequential?
Would the syncing turn off buyers?
The car is much pretty stock.

Vosko
11-02-2009, 04:04 PM
sequential turbos are great. i am not a fan of the nonseq mod. if you are gonna bother taking them off put on a single turbo. this is for an FD right ?

budfc3s
11-02-2009, 06:02 PM
if selling the car leave stock turbos sequential...a stock a fd is worth more then a modded fd.... i love the sequentials...with just a few mods they are great fun

drifterfett
11-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Its is an FD. 94. Besides downpipe, exhaust and intake. its stock. Thought about going single turbo but I'm not about racing it and didn't want to spend the money if I'm not keeping it anyway. My buddy who does my installations is recommending syncing but I think I'll keep them sequential. Thanks.

XxIriponzeesxX
11-02-2009, 09:26 PM
how much are you going to sell it for?

drifterfett
11-02-2009, 09:46 PM
I was going to ask 13. Depends on if I paint it or not. I may giving it shot before the paint, if it doesn't sell I'll paint it, and give it another shot. I have a spot in my warehouse to park it over the winter if needed. Getting to old for these cars. Need something cooshy now.

XxIriponzeesxX
11-02-2009, 10:57 PM
haha well good luck with everything.

TurbosaurusRX
11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
drifter,
Definitely keep in mind what budfc3s said. A clean stock FD will be worth more when you do go to sell it. I decided to go non-sequential and I plan to go single turbo at some point in the future. I have to admit, properly working sequential twins were a ton of fun!

amp
11-03-2009, 05:18 PM
gonna be a pain to run them sequential again... if the non sequential was done right...

budfc3s
11-03-2009, 07:03 PM
true if the wiring was all cut an harness all cleaned up will be a pain...also if the wastegate was welded or not

TurbosaurusRX
11-03-2009, 08:46 PM
^Not to mention the vacuum lines. Trying to put all that stuff back in would give me nightmares.

drifterfett
11-04-2009, 01:19 PM
JPR in Blackwood synced my turbos when he did the engine rebuild. Recommended to go synced again. So I will bringing it back to him this weekend.