PDA

View Full Version : Ford GT on the BLVD

2point4DSM
01-06-2006, 11:00 AM
On the way home last night I spotted a brand new Ford GT hanging out at the regular spot parked next to my buddy with the black Supra TT so I make a quick u-turn to check it out....

Turns out our buddy with the mystic convertible Cobra got himself a new toy!

For those that don't know this guy he probably has at least a decade on me and has a lot of nice toys (mystic convertible Cobra, and Saleen Mustang, etc) but is still the nicest person around. And he will race anyone... or at least that is what he told me last night. (insert twisted smilie here)

He had 50 miles on the car so he won't be racing it anytime soon but he can be found cruising the regular spot at the regular times.

max2k1
01-06-2006, 11:02 AM
:ttiwwop:

2point4DSM
01-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Brand new Ford GT. Red with white stripes. Looks just like this one... http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/home.asp

Sorry I don't have a camera phone and don't carry around my other cameras in the car. Besides, I would never be able to take a picture to do this thing justice.

What surprised me is it looks like a small car if you look at it quick but it was actually much longer than my buddies Supra. The only reason why it looked kinda small was cause it is so much wider.

It definitely would have been a good race for that yellow c6 Zo6 that stopped by fresh works last night.

07BlackSS
01-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Wow thats amazing hopefully I see it around. My buddy was going to get one a while ago but now he is looking towards a Hummer H2....(insert Thumbs down here).

Wil are we stopping by the boulevard so I can see the exhaust cutout next week?

Sincere
01-06-2006, 01:03 PM
i saw this car drive down street rd yesterday. it looked like it was 2 feet tall. hot car though.

dolphinS4
01-06-2006, 01:55 PM
l]

It definitely would have been a good race for that yellow c6 Zo6 that stopped by fresh works last night.
I missed a C6 Z06? :bigeek:

Fred Beans had a blue GT in their showroom last week. Stopped in with my pop to get his Explorer serviced. Probably 15 people stopped to check it out in the 15 minutes I was there. Really impressive looking!

They were just holding it for another dealer, but .." could arrange another for
$200k." :thumbup:
I told him I'd think about it.

GTIivVR6
01-06-2006, 05:55 PM
there was a nice ford gt in the showroom of the one dealer on frankford ave...like around fkd and bleigh street....(in between rhawn n cottman) it was red with white stripes also..maybe he bought it there

2point4DSM
01-06-2006, 06:02 PM
That might have been his car if that is Dunphy Ford. The car stickered for $169k. If he were to finance the whole amount they told him monthly payments would have been ~$3100/month for 72months, *gulp*

I think a more realistic dream for me would be to pick up a used one in 10 years or so for around $30k, lol.

TalonTsi97
01-06-2006, 07:21 PM
That answers my question on phillydsm about it. Sounds cool but we will see what happens when he starts racing with everyone out there. I gbotta make it up so i can check it out. Did he keep the vert cobra or was the lease finnally up?

Gorilla Unit 33
01-06-2006, 07:47 PM
i also didnt like the looks of the ford GT when i seen it on a print out advertisment or in commercials but i seen one a couple months ago and it was sooo nice i think its gotta be one of my favorite domestics of all time

WhiteFiveO
01-06-2006, 08:57 PM
The cars a little over 40inches tall thats why the original ones were called gt40s