PDA

View Full Version : Newark toyota/scionworld Service department fail

The01Cav
10-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Alright, Let me just start off by saying this tC has been bad luck since the day it was bought "April 1, 2008" haha I know april fools right. Well anyway we bought the car and had to wait to take delivery because the spoiler for the tC was on back order. Okay no big deal, go in for the first free oil change, come home to find that the car had all 4 wheels gouged up from the socket. Called toyota and had them look at the wheels, they had someone "repaint" the wheels. Go up inspect the car, the color isn't even close to matching. Alright they keep the car and repaint again. Still doesn't match but we say screw it and go on our way. So goes in for the next oil change and come back to find the rocker molding popped out and oil all over the carpet and door sill. Not too happy about that. Next it goes in for warranty repair to replace a A post pillar that the fabric was lifting on. Come out to find the windshield cracked where they were working, but "the car came in with the crack in the windshield" So we replace it under insurance. Now the car went in last night for a tire mount and balance and rotation, I'll let the pics speak for themselves as lets just say I am gonna fight for new wheels now.

I have no issue with the sales department at newark toyota/scionworld, they have been nothing but excelent throughout the buying experience, Dave and Tim were great to work with buying the car. I just cannot say the same for the service department.

You can see the paint lifting from whatever mobile wheel repair shop they used, as well as the marks and gouges in the wheels from mounting the tires. I am sick to my stomach seeing this.

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2162.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2161.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2160.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2159.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2158.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2157.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2156.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2155.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2154.jpg

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2153.jpg

Elliott18t
10-30-2009, 02:23 PM
i would just not go there anymore...

The01Cav
10-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah it's done going there, didn't buy a brand new car from them to pay for them to destroy it.

KustomZ03
10-30-2009, 03:48 PM
This isnt about him going there or not...thats besides the point. They shouldn't be ruining customers property on a regular basis. That's ridiculous. When did you notice the wheels where like that? I wouldn't have left there with damaged goods.

I agree that they have a great sales department. I got the Z there in the used car lot and they are great to work with.

The01Cav
10-30-2009, 04:11 PM
I couldn't see last night when we left it was dark, but today when I cleaned it, Bam there it was, and they denied Britt. Said it wasn't their problem.

KustomZ03
10-30-2009, 04:44 PM
oh hell no Larry! March your butt up there and demand to speak to a manager and don't take no for an answer. They shouldn't keep getting away with being careless like that.

Have you tried calling your insurance agent and see what they say?

The01Cav
10-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Talked to the insurance company, and also contacted toyota corporate, waiting to hear back from a representative for toyota. I think this will be taken care of.

turbotC
11-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Damn larry that sucks.

I agree sales is awesome (Dave/Tim), but I got screwed over as well.

I was in an accident last summer and my car is still not right. As on then all my parts were TRD, so they were all under warranty, but they still game me crap about that. None of my bumpers lined up until I fixed them. The paint still doesnt match, They killed one of my stock rims. The ripped some of my tint off, scratched more paint that wasnt even touched in the accident. And more fun stuff. I wont even let their service department, or now any car dealer service department in general look at my car.

KustomZ03
11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I think you both should contact one of the news channels that do those 'consumer reports' things. They eat stories like this up and it may save someone else from going through the same troubles.

stang8psi
11-03-2009, 05:20 PM
honestly i think your over reacting!!!! some of your "marks" Are inside the lug holes... It's going to happen!!!! Second if you don't know this from not the first but not even the second but now on the third time they probably don't have a tire machine that has the teflon guard piece, they don't do aftermarket wheels much i am sure. Its not like the wheels are ruined you are just over particular and your girl drives the car anyway so **** it. It;s bound to have the wheels Marked up at some point. Not being a dick just stating the obvious

importfan21
11-04-2009, 12:47 PM
1) Dealer definitely failed with the cracked windshield, oil on the carpet, and rocker panel.
2) As far as the wheels go, expect little nicks when the have to take the rims off...IT HAPPENS. When you complained, they offered to repaint (twice might I add), suggesting their willingness to satisfy you.

However, keep in mind, repainting won't get rid of the nicks, but rather hide them. To get rid of them, the rim must be (re)machined. If you expect paint to fix a nick, you're mislead. Furthermore, I will say that dealers' service departments aren't really there to paint things, so I wouldn't expect a good job with that unless the rims were contracted out.

Good luck with the rims, but I'm not surprised with what happened to them.

(Like stang8psi, I'm stating the obvious, not being a dick.)

Low G DE
11-04-2009, 01:00 PM
i would have to disagree... all those stating the obvious should look at it this way do you take pride in your work and do you want someone saying your job was done ****ty..... me personaly i think he has every right to be pissed.... if you expect to have your wheels damaged when you go for rotation then what the hell jus take a screw driver to them before you go then you wont be let down either way... i say quality and you say owell wtf..... wheels can be taken off with NO damage dont believe it hit me up ill show you non believers.... Larry do what ya gotta do to get them back to your liking

importfan21
11-04-2009, 02:00 PM
i would have to disagree... all those stating the obvious should look at it this way do you take pride in your work and do you want someone saying your job was done ****ty..... me personaly i think he has every right to be pissed.... if you expect to have your wheels damaged when you go for rotation then what the hell jus take a screw driver to them before you go then you wont be let down either way... i say quality and you say owell wtf..... wheels can be taken off with NO damage dont believe it hit me up ill show you non believers.... Larry do what ya gotta do to get them back to your liking

Oh, I take pride in my work, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying when removing/installing wheels, having the socket nick the rim is commonplace (not saying it's impossible, nor always happens, but rather "it happens"). Personally, I would be disappointed if my rims came back with nicks, but I also know it could happen (whether I do it myself, or techs). If I did it myself though, I'd take more precautions, lowering the chance of it happening.

Remember the old saying:
"If you want it done right, do it yourself."

P.S. I'm not here to turn this topic into a heated debate, but rather looking at this situation from an objective view.

The01Cav
11-04-2009, 02:31 PM
They repaired the wheels once before, and when they repaired it was a guy in the back if a truck that spray painted them and it doesn't match and is flaking off, the company is mobile wheel repair. I am not willing to have them messed up and trashed even more so than they already were.

previous repair pic.
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo318/focusonmeo2/IMG_2157.jpg

Zillon
11-04-2009, 02:36 PM
honestly i think your over reacting!!!! some of your "marks" Are inside the lug holes... It's going to happen!!!! Second if you don't know this from not the first but not even the second but now on the third time they probably don't have a tire machine that has the teflon guard piece, they don't do aftermarket wheels much i am sure. Its not like the wheels are ruined you are just over particular and your girl drives the car anyway so **** it. It;s bound to have the wheels Marked up at some point. Not being a dick just stating the obvious

I'm sorry, but marking up the lug holes on wheels is unacceptable. It shows carelessness and inattention to detail. I've worked at 3 dealerships in the last four years, and shrugging it off as something that 'happens' simply doesn't fly with management or the customer. A tech would be eligible for a serious chewing out for something like this.

By the way, those are stock wheels, not aftermarket wheels.

Your best option is calling Scion/Toyota corporate. Everything should fall into place after that, hearing from corporate about a screw-up in the service department typically causes a dealer to pick up the pieces and make everything right.

The01Cav
11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Yeah were waiting on a call back from toyota corporate, we called them on friday and they said 2-3 buisness days.

Low G DE
11-04-2009, 03:35 PM
i personally know that there are precautions that can be taken ..... i.e. many dealerships use sockets that have rubber coatings on them so as to not ding the holes for lugs.... seems to me that it was a rush job and little care was given... not debating jus stating the obvio9us..... would you drive a car from the dealership with a dent in it because you expected it to happen in transit to the dealership seriously??

stang8psi
11-04-2009, 07:36 PM
should of rotated your own wheels.... and done the oil change yourself... Stop complaining and looking for handouts, do **** yourself for now on.. :thumbup:

KustomZ03
11-04-2009, 08:35 PM
In his first post he said he was there for a tire mount and balance...I don't know too many people who have the equipment to mount and balance a tire on their own.

Larry next time Britt (or you) need tires or anything done for that matter let me know. Paolo can mount and balance tires up at his shop and there surely wont be anything wrong with the wheels when he is finished.

The01Cav
11-05-2009, 02:11 AM
I can mount and balance tires myself, it was just that the machine I use was down due to a bad motor, otherwise I would have done them myself. I can't do an allignment on my own, but anything else I pretty much can handle. I do my own oil changes and maitnance. Just the one time.....

stang8psi
11-06-2009, 12:07 AM
sucks for sure no matter.. but more of a learning experience at most

The01Cav
11-06-2009, 02:04 AM
well from the sounds of it, toyota corp talked with our salesman. The salesman is going to talk with the head of facilities and see what he can do about getting this fixed. This sure would make me happy thats for sure. I don't care if they're repaired as long as it matches and doesn't peal off in a month haha.

Niki@J-Tune
11-06-2009, 07:53 PM
well from the sounds of it, toyota corp talked with our salesman. The salesman is going to talk with the head of facilities and see what he can do about getting this fixed. This sure would make me happy thats for sure. I don't care if they're repaired as long as it matches and doesn't peal off in a month haha.

Is good that they take responsibility for your car. :)

The01Cav
11-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Well great news, toyota came through and I drop off the wheels tomorrow for 4 brand new wheels out of the warehouse from toyota.

Big thanks goes out to Tim in the scion dept and Mike Childers in the service dept for figuring this out!

SikneSS
11-12-2009, 11:46 AM
congrats Larry

wtf...VOLVO?
02-23-2010, 02:45 AM
that dealership is a joke anyway, they have some of the rudest sales people I have ever seen. Thankfully I will never have to deal with their service department

07trdtundra
09-05-2010, 03:08 PM
i blame them for my tc s/c blowing afer 3 weeks.

whiteonblacktc
09-08-2010, 03:23 PM
the messed up my tc s/c as well

The01Cav
09-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I now deal with price toyota on rt13 across from the airport when I need something done.