PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Integra Driver

dolphinS4
01-03-2006, 01:42 AM
Had a great experience early New Years morning I have to share. Hopefully someone knows this guy. Early 20's, Silver Acura Integra(2001?), clear tail lights, and exhaust?, Warminster,PA area County Line and York.

I leave my house 7:15 am to go to work Sunday and I am thrilled to find no one on the roads. I take the oppurtunity to enjoy some spirited driving and have some fun. :cool:
As I approach the intersection of County Line and York Roads in Warminster Township, I notice a silver Integra , heading in the opposite direction. I found it strange that he is just sitting there, with no one else waiting, about 50 feet before the light, taking up 2 lanes of the road. As I continue to wait for the light to change, I also find it strange that I seem to be looking at the top of his head. I figure he has broken down and is dialing his cell or something.

As the light changes, I slowly roll past him to see whats up. Well, I slow to just about a stop and notice the guy is actually slummped in his seat. I then think to myself that the dude is dead or sleeping/passed-out. I deciede I just have to find out.

I pull a U-turn, and pull up behind and throw the flashers on and get out. As walk to the car and look-in, I can see the car is still running and in gear. I try to open his door but found it locked, soo I started to pound on the glass but he didn't budge. As I'm laughing my ass off :rotfl: , the guy exiting the Mobil station see's what's happening and also stops. Since we can't wake him, the other guy deciedes to call the cops.

Anyhow, Warminster's finest arrive in , no exaggeration, under a minute.
Once they finally woke the dude, it was obvious he had just recently finished celebrating the New Year. This dude was hammered!

I've heard of people falling asleep behind the wheel before, but always passed it off as exaggerations. Well, I'm here to say its not.

I'm sure this young guy got jacked for a DUI Sunday and is totally regreating it now. (goes without saying, driving drunk is out of line, I'm not supporting or making light of it).
Just want to pass along, if anyone knows this guy, I tried to help a brother out. :afro:

Broken5hift
01-03-2006, 01:50 AM
lmao. thats a new one. its good the situation ended as well as it did. being as hammered as the guy sounded it seems like he got lucky just making it alive that night, its good he didnt pass out while driving. i saw a gti fly by me and my friend behind reedmans auto center, loose control and hit the bridge over I-95. his car was totaled and he was barely with it. as soon as we opened the door you smelled heavy alchohol and bottles in the car. he was mumbling about his wife leaving him. he was alive, but ever since that ive had a new found respect for not driving after drinking.

D Money
01-03-2006, 01:58 AM
wow thats insane. I'm glad you did the right thing, if you left him there he coulda got hit by another car, most likely with a drunk person driving it. You did the right thing. So, you didnt finish, what happened when the kid got up? Any funny commentary? lol

Chair-Force
01-03-2006, 03:01 AM
Did you give a statement to the police? If so, you'll enjoy my DUI story.

About a year ago I was driving in the sticks, East Greenville, and saw a suv quickly closing in on my bumper. He slams the breaks to avoid me, goes into the ditch on the side of the road, slams a tree, flips through the air and lands on the road upside down. I pull over, run back and pull them out of the car since it was leaking gas. Everyone in the car was drunk. I asked who was driving and they look at the one guy. He then decided to run into the woods.
Cops come and go out looking for the driver.
I give my statement and leave.
Worst mistake I ever made.
I had to go to his court hearings like 3 times, all of which he reschedule at the last minute so I drove 45 minutes for no reason. When the trooper called me for the fourth trial, he said the guy was taking a deal but I still had to show up.
Needless to say, I told the trooper I wasnt wasting anymore time on the court dates if they were just giving him a slap on the hand. He threatens me with a subpoena to which I said I could just whip out my nifty military orders and be excused from the hearing. He was pissed, lol.

Moral of the story: Unless someone is seriously injured, I'll never stick around to give the cops a statement ever again.

OutOfStock
01-03-2006, 03:25 AM
wow crazy close to me and almost matches the description of my car lol

dolphinS4
01-03-2006, 11:13 AM
No, I didn't give any kind of statement. The cop didn't seem to be in any kind of good mood, and I wasn't hanging around to find out why.

I watched from across the street as the guy finally got out of the car and had to be helped to stand-up. So, no, I couldn't here anything going on by that time.

07BlackSS
01-03-2006, 12:06 PM
Wow thats crazy, One night me and my one buddy saw a really bad accident where a drunk driver drove into a pizza shop around my way. Way to late to stick around(almost 3 am) and plus like 5 other people stopped so I just drove two blocks home. Needless to say for the next few months the pizza shop had a sign saying "No Drive Thru" where the guy rammed his truck through....Funny but then again not.