PDA

View Full Version : NJ's Chat Thwead: The Most Rad People, From the Least Rad State

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42

liberta
07-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Prob this one.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3j5td6gVq1r0ob3bo1_1280.jpg
http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh606/peenut1086/M30motorshot.jpg

Big_Jim
07-17-2012, 10:29 AM
M30 is dope, Ivan had one (Jasterm5) that was insane.

thefro526
07-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Wanted to do dual exhaust cam. ? bout the auto ecu though,why auto ecu? Also gonna weld all the diffs.

Also want koupe

Auto ECU looks for sensors that don't exist therefore bypasses a bunch of random things. Higher Rev limiter (7.2k), no 5th gear rev limiter (5k or so or 110-115mph), etc.

Sold in the US Market as the 90-92 Infiniti M30. They also made a vert of it. Sadly they were all auto from the factory, but from my understanding, the VG30 used is very similar to the one in the Z31 and the 5 speed swap is fairly straight forward.

Also is compatible with S13 front/rear subframes.

Also has the nobody else has one appeal.

M30's are basically an S13/Z31 hybrid as far as parts go. Like you said, you can swap in S13 running gear without hassle, they run R200 Differentials and some other stuff.

As far as 5-speed swapping them it's actually pretty straight forward like you said. The fire walls have holes in them from the factory for a clutch pedal and you can use a Z31 NA transmission along with the clutch and that stuff. IIRC, the trans cross member needs to be modified and you'll probably need a custom DS but it's really not a big deal.

If you're swapping to S13 front subframe though, you may as swell go SR or something like that VG30's are poop.

I am going custom very slowly either way but I heard wisefab is good. Do you just mean the old nissan wisefab kit, the new one, or the whole company sucks ?

Stay ka. There is plenty you can do with a ka and the power is there with the right mods, and the motor and accessories are cheap. The only swap I would do is an ls and that's if I had no motor and trans, or a blown motor or trans. Honesty for 2k you can have a 300whp ka if your motor is healthy before hand.

I'm not a wisefab fan, the way their kit is setup is dumb. I don't know why they use a CNC-ed LCA vs a tubular one it just drives the price up. Also their strut top is really lame, it's basically like cheating and also renders your car FD/XDC/Most drift series illegal.

Also, how many 'cheap' S13's have solid KA's?

Foolinaround
07-17-2012, 06:49 PM
I just want a turn key car I can get the diff welded in and lower,throw on an exhaust and beat it to death

thefro526
07-18-2012, 09:11 AM
I just want a turn key car I can get the diff welded in and lower,throw on an exhaust and beat it to death

Oh, in that case, just fine like an base model dual cam and be awesome.

Only reason I say base model is because it's manual everything so it should make your 6 horse powers feel like 7.

Foolinaround
07-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Exactly. I want dat coupe too because <3 coupes

thefro526
07-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Exactly. I want dat coupe too because <3 coupes

I still want a hatch, lol.

Maybe one day, eventually, I'll have one.

Foolinaround
07-18-2012, 04:02 PM
I found a hatch for a good price,awaiting response

thefro526
07-19-2012, 10:38 AM
I found a hatch for a good price,awaiting response

Drop me dat link on da Facebook.

dudewheresmycar
07-23-2012, 11:41 AM
discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA6fMRQ0p5Q

thefro526
07-23-2012, 01:47 PM
discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA6fMRQ0p5Q

Gatebil always looks so rad. Almost like there are no rules other than having a minimum of a half million HP.

Europeans make their cars look weird though.

Also, Aasbo's GT86 is kind of lame. It's basically his Supra motor in an GT86 unibody with a tonne of pre-production aftermarket parts.

Foolinaround
07-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Pretty soon its just gonna be formula 86

the mike
07-23-2012, 02:09 PM
That blue V8 M3 sounds meaty.

DaBombDiggidy
07-24-2012, 09:12 AM
euros suck, but i do make some exceptions

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=571270&d=1314356501
http://thed2life.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/lifepost4.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8166/7510676836_ae1c462461_b.jpg

thefro526
07-24-2012, 09:57 AM
euros suck, but i do make some exceptions

Says the guy who owns a Dodge.

What about Dodge and Fiat?

DaBombDiggidy
07-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Says the guy who owns a Dodge.

What about Dodge and Fiat?

i primarily refer to VW and anything related as the suckyness that is euro, hardly see anything beside that at meets or on boards. BMWs typically suck as well (having had nightmares working on them), but i make some exceptions with them.

also, for the most part, dodge is using some fiat frames for their cars. The motors have stayed mostly in the hands of GEMA, which keeps me happy.

Foolinaround
07-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Spent the weekend out in georgia with a lady friend. was radness. If i travel a bit further out there were lots of big open areas to drive in an awesome fashion so might have to venture with another vehicle

Got Insulin?
07-24-2012, 04:53 PM
You need to venture out with her. She's hella cute.

Foolinaround
07-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Venture out with her? She's rad brosauce.

thefro526
07-25-2012, 03:31 PM
I should get one of those girlfriend things. Instead I just have girls who snuggle with me from time to time.

Life of TheFro.

Foolinaround
07-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Performing science and such?

DaBombDiggidy
07-26-2012, 08:52 AM
debating what i want to get next summer. time for something with at least 2x the cylinders i have now.

thefro526
07-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Performing science and such?

Yup.

I only perform Science with one of them though, the other is like a 'date night' friend, I guess.

Kind of weird, now that I think about it. Call one for Science, the other to have fun and do stuff.

Might cut things off with the Science friend though, the Science is boring and she's too clingy.

DaBombDiggidy
07-26-2012, 01:17 PM
duder was actually talking about you fro, post the honda space launch. remenissing of back in the day when you had everyone in line at the meets and behavior was 100x better... where have you gone? :(

Got Insulin?
07-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Boring science is worthless science. Go bump up your friction coefficient with another lab assistance.

Foolinaround
07-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Boring science is worthless science. Go bump up your friction coefficient with another lab assistance.

This is why we have a bromance.

Also. Sept 5-10,make time in your calendars because im coming home

Big_Jim
07-26-2012, 03:11 PM

hahahahah win

This is why we have a bromance.

Also. Sept 5-10,make time in your calendars because im coming home

cous^2?

Foolinaround
07-26-2012, 08:28 PM
For sure <3 DoD reunion

thefro526
07-28-2012, 11:03 AM
duder was actually talking about you fro, post the honda space launch. remenissing of back in the day when you had everyone in line at the meets and behavior was 100x better... where have you gone? :(

Yeah, I'll be back soon, I've noticed that you gents could use my assistance. In all honesty, It wasn't me who kept the meets in line, I was just the diplomat who told people off. The real people who kept stuff in line were Tiny, Ricky, Garts, Steve, etc since they were always standing 5 feet behind me when I was telling someone off.

As far as where I've been, I don't have a license right now as a result of a series of bad decisions... I'm supposed to get it back in October. Hopefully the new DD is done by then.

Foolinaround
07-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Women logic....so much terrible

DaBombDiggidy
07-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I'll be back soon, I've noticed that you gents could use my assistance. In all honesty, It wasn't me who kept the meets in line, I was just the diplomat who told people off. The real people who kept stuff in line were Tiny, Ricky, Garts, Steve, etc since they were always standing 5 feet behind me when I was telling someone off.

As far as where I've been, I don't have a license right now as a result of a series of bad decisions... I'm supposed to get it back in October. Hopefully the new DD is done by then.

nice man, will be glad to have yah back at meets.

Foolinaround
07-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I want more tattoo work done like now.

Also I love pizza

itwillboost
07-30-2012, 10:33 PM
In south jersey how much trouble do you guys have getting an inspection sticker ? 2 standalones on newer cars = no inspection on either lol. Funny thing is I even left cats and everything on my daily because I thought it would help me find somewhere to pass me.

DaBombDiggidy
07-31-2012, 04:46 PM
to pass in NJ

obd0/1 = pass emissions

obd2 = need a standard obd2 plug in reading socket + pass emissions

they only care about emissions now, with obd2 you can fail 2 parameters and pass. i just threw my stock tune/injectors/map sensor/cat on and went right through... mind you i had nothing connected to said cat.

blackvr4
07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
My DSM passed with a just a cat. At the state inspection, 3inch exhaust, DSMlink, 1000cc injectors, meth, fmic, no egr, no evap.

First attempt was an utter failure, those ****s stalled my car 3 times and on the 4th time the 1000ccs flooded the **** out of it and it wouldnt start, so they failed me for it, I had to walk home, next time I went in their and flipped a bitch so they could get some retard that knew how to drive stick for 10feet so i didnt get stuck again.

Foolinaround
07-31-2012, 08:39 PM
LOL@inspections

liberta
07-31-2012, 11:39 PM
They don't even use a sniffer for OBD2 anymore. It's pretty much a CEL scan. When my buddy had his 02 Maxima inspected, it was catless with a GT35R on it(a few people know who i'm talkin about). Made an O2 simulator, didn't throw any codes, and passed NJ Inspection.

itwillboost
08-01-2012, 02:43 AM
They don't even use a sniffer for OBD2 anymore. It's pretty much a CEL scan. When my buddy had his 02 Maxima inspected, it was catless with a GT35R on it(a few people know who i'm talkin about). Made an O2 simulator, didn't throw any codes, and passed NJ Inspection.

Pretty sure I know, but I thought he was from Pa. And obd2 is what's killing me. I no longer have an obd port. :(

DaBombDiggidy
08-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Pretty sure I know, but I thought he was from Pa. And obd2 is what's killing me. I no longer have an obd port. :(

yeah you can't pass, and they are impossible to fake now.

Foolinaround
08-01-2012, 08:47 PM
5 days til i hit the duece duece

thefro526
08-02-2012, 08:02 AM
In south jersey how much trouble do you guys have getting an inspection sticker ? 2 standalones on newer cars = no inspection on either lol. Funny thing is I even left cats and everything on my daily because I thought it would help me find somewhere to pass me.

Drop me a PM when you have a chance.

It's not impossible to get them to pass, you just need to know the process and someone willing to be patient enough to test the car properly.

Also, the whole OB2 thing is ridiculous. If you don't have an OBD2 port, they should just sniff the damn car.

DaBombDiggidy
08-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Drop me a PM when you have a chance.

It's not impossible to get them to pass, you just need to know the process and someone willing to be patient enough to test the car properly.

Also, the whole OB2 thing is ridiculous. If you don't have an OBD2 port, they should just sniff the damn car.

being a guy into cars this makes sense, but being a state run facility they already made it easier for us changing their guidelines for whats needed to pass it doesn't. To them a factory obd2 port can not lie, if a code is shut off itll say it, if a code isnt ready (like my case with my tuner not looking for evap/o2 until 400* coolant) it'll say so. custom computers aren't street legal anyway, hell diablosport 93 tunes aren't, so why would they cater to read something that is illegal?

also i cant wait to get out of a turbo car, so ****ing tired of dealing with boost leaks.

The only way (i know of in talking to a guy who works at a place doing this) to get a car to have a legit sticker with cam/different computer and etc. is to have a friendly place act like they are inspecting your car and actually just hook it up to a shop car.

if you are coming to jersey i would suggest, o2 simulator, throw in stock computer, stock injectors, stock map sensor and just baby it up there. None of them should really be that hard to do.

thefro526
08-02-2012, 11:56 AM
being a guy into cars this makes sense, but being a state run facility they already made it easier for us changing their guidelines for whats needed to pass it doesn't. To them a factory obd2 port can not lie, if a code is shut off itll say it, if a code isnt ready (like my case with my tuner not looking for evap/o2 until 400* coolant) it'll say so. custom computers aren't street legal anyway, hell diablosport 93 tunes aren't, so why would they cater to read something that is illegal?

also i cant wait to get out of a turbo car, so ****ing tired of dealing with boost leaks.

The only way (i know of in talking to a guy who works at a place doing this) to get a car to have a legit sticker with cam/different computer and etc. is to have a friendly place act like they are inspecting your car and actually just hook it up to a shop car.

if you are coming to jersey i would suggest, o2 simulator, throw in stock computer, stock injectors, stock map sensor and just baby it up there. None of them should really be that hard to do.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but it's not relevant.

All testing from the OBD2 port does is tell them if your operating within parameters, if so, it's safe to assume that the car's emissions are in compliance with the guidelines from the year it was built.

Following that logic, all they care about is how much NO2, CO, and unburnt hydrocarbons are coming out of your tailpipe. If there's no OB2 Port, they should sniff, it's that simple.

People seem to forget that the MVC works for US - the taxpayers. Once someone starts sticking **** to them they're bound to change.

Also, it wouldn't be that hard to make a ghost ECU for just about any car. Splice all of the input signals into it and reprogram it to read out that everything is operating according to spec. It wouldn't be cheap, but it's not impossible. (Basically you've got a reprogrammed ECU that 'looks' like a stock one... it would operate in parallel to a stand-alone but give no outputs to the engine (other than those necessary to ping for certain things), just gather data.)

mr_eh
08-02-2012, 10:33 PM
expired in 2011.
http://www.uploads.decalbin.com/data/bang.png

absolutely 0 idea how to go about getting the car inspected.

thefro526
08-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Just saw you post on Zilvia, lol.

Where exactly are you located (confused because this is NJ chat but you have NY plates)? I can probably direct you to someone who can help you get everything in order. Shoot me a PM.

DaBombDiggidy
08-03-2012, 09:24 AM

All testing from the OBD2 port does is tell them if your operating within parameters, if so, it's safe to assume that the car's emissions are in compliance with the guidelines from the year it was built.

Following that logic, all they care about is how much NO2, CO, and unburnt hydrocarbons are coming out of your tailpipe. If there's no OB2 Port, they should sniff, it's that simple.

People seem to forget that the MVC works for the state - the taxpayers. Once someone starts sticking **** to them they're bound to change.

Also, it wouldn't be that hard to make a ghost ECU for just about any car. Splice all of the input signals into it and reprogram it to read out that everything is operating according to spec. It wouldn't be cheap, but it's not impossible. (Basically you've got a reprogrammed ECU that 'looks' like a stock one... it would operate in parallel to a stand-alone but give no outputs to the engine (other than those necessary to ping for certain things), just gather data.)

as technical as that is, i don't think the state would care if 20-30, which is on the high side, people a year did this. Investing in a different way to inspect cars or slowing down the inspection process would end up costing more then preventing ghosted ecus is worth.

they're just letting patrolmen and mechanic shops police the trash cars currently. was talking to a buddy who said that their shop has called the cops a few times for people refusing to fix problems that endangered the public.

thefro526
08-03-2012, 04:12 PM
as technical as that is, i don't think the state would care if 20-30, which is on the high side, people a year did this. Investing in a different way to inspect cars or slowing down the inspection process would end up costing more then preventing ghosted ecus is worth.

they're just letting patrolmen and mechanic shops police the trash cars currently. was talking to a buddy who said that their shop has called the cops a few times for people refusing to fix problems that endangered the public.

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

A Ghost ECU doesn't slow down the process and only creates an expense for the owner...

Sniffing a tailpipe isn't a big deal, look at how many cars get inspected that way now? They have all of the tools to do it, so why not use them?

mr_eh
08-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Just saw you post on Zilvia, lol.

Where exactly are you located (confused because this is NJ chat but you have NY plates)? I can probably direct you to someone who can help you get everything in order. Shoot me a PM.

I live in nyc but we don't have a whole lot of highway... so the car is driven mostly in jersey and home in nyc... haven't had it home since last summer though...

Foolinaround
08-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Enough inspection talk,because its no longer relevant to me.

Tst is dead

VETTE_50_TH
08-03-2012, 08:55 PM
enough inspection talk,because its no longer relevant to me.

tst is dead

reeltalk

liberta
08-03-2012, 09:48 PM
TST is on life support right now.... But mainly because of the triumphant return of TheFro

itwillboost
08-03-2012, 10:51 PM

People seem to forget that the MVC works for US - the taxpayers. Once someone starts sticking **** to them they're bound to change.

The issue with change is people need to ask for change by using the masses, complaints are typically just to disorganized to make a difference. Also I think obd2 should be allowed to ask for a sniffer test. I can fool either system so why not give me the option of how to be tested. Unfortunately with a standalone it doesn't work lol. Also I think I have a shop to get me a sticker. I had a guy who works at an inspection station tell me how much he likes my car and wants to help out. Hopefully he was serious, if not I will pm you.

Foolinaround
08-03-2012, 10:57 PM
TST is on life support right now.... But mainly because of the triumphant return of TheFro

Quoted. If it wasn't for NJ chat and the Pa people in the whatever thread it'd be a ghost town

VETTE_50_TH
08-04-2012, 02:16 AM
Perfect example, some dude has been trying to basically give away dsm parts for a year on here and they havent sold. LOL. WTF TST?

JerseyTuscani
08-04-2012, 08:00 AM
it's like that all around. people are broke and don't have enough money to live off of, let alone purchase luxury items such as cars and performance parts. plus alot of the people that started tst and were the original people are growing up and having lifestyle changes. We lived in the "F&F generation" that rejuvenated the car scene for younger kids but alot of the new generation of kids aren't really into cars. They aren't into anything really. just social media and things like that.

Foolinaround
08-04-2012, 10:07 AM
it's like that all around. people are broke and don't have enough money to live off of, let alone purchase luxury items such as cars and performance parts. plus alot of the people that started tst and were the original people are growing up and having lifestyle changes. We lived in the "F&F generation" that rejuvenated the car scene for younger kids but alot of the new generation of kids aren't really into cars. They aren't into anything really. just social media and things like that.

Not true down here,they all drive ghetto'd out bmw's,sti's,and evo's

VETTE_50_TH
08-04-2012, 03:28 PM
Ive seen some nasty ass cars man. No one takes care of their **** and wants everything and i mean everything for free or dirt cheap.

Big_Jim
08-04-2012, 03:54 PM
Quoted. If it wasn't for NJ chat and the Pa people in the whatever thread it'd be a ghost town

troof troof

Perfect example, some dude has been trying to basically give away dsm parts for a year on here and they havent sold. LOL. WTF TST?

I was interested in something he was selling, and he wanted $200 more than it was going for Buy It Now on ebay.

Foolinaround
08-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Everyone over pricing everything hurts the scene. I remember when I got my integra I wanted an intake but couldnt afford the $200 at the time as I just bought some suspension and an exhaust. Buddy just bought a new one and sold me his with the filter for $50. I miss the days of everyone being bros about everything and helping out where needed. Thats what got the industry the way it is,and now its getting all ****ed because of that.

There's more drama on any given car forum than there is on telemundo

Got Insulin?
08-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah, but if I buy good parts and then want to sell good parts, I'm not giving them away either. Both sides of that apply.

Foolinaround
08-05-2012, 12:05 PM
TRue story. I think we're more discussing the people who buy for mspr,and try to sell for 5 dollars less after its been used for 20k miles

blackvr4
08-05-2012, 02:08 PM
Hella flush in the rear.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o293/94atxvr2/launch2.jpg

JerseyTuscani
08-05-2012, 02:28 PM
no side view mirrors? why? because race car.

Foolinaround
08-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Or headlight,because intake.

Also trolling endless pleasures is kinda fun,not gonna lie.

ExpresS
08-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Hella flush in the rear.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o293/94atxvr2/launch2.jpg

Larry koran?

thefro526
08-06-2012, 04:09 PM

Triumphant return?

Lol.

There's something to be said for a forum when it just dies out. A lot of it has to do with the atmosphere and feel which is usually determined by how the administration handles certain things. Not being critical here, just stating the facts.

Everyone over pricing everything hurts the scene. I remember when I got my integra I wanted an intake but couldnt afford the $200 at the time as I just bought some suspension and an exhaust. Buddy just bought a new one and sold me his with the filter for $50. I miss the days of everyone being bros about everything and helping out where needed. Thats what got the industry the way it is,and now its getting all ****ed because of that.

There's more drama on any given car forum than there is on telemundo

It's not that everyone's over pricing things as much as they're ignorant to what parts actually sell for.

There's also the issue of the market being FLOODED with budget brands. Kids these days are broke so they buy the cheapest parts possible. Why am I going to buy name brand stuff that's used for double the price of this new and shiny ebay part.

No one pays for quality.

Yeah, but if I buy good parts and then want to sell good parts, I'm not giving them away either. Both sides of that apply.

Usually the rule of thumb is the 70% rule. Most parts that don't wear, or don't wear at an accelerated rate usually are worth about 70% of what you paid for them the second they're installed. Wheels are exempt from this rule.

In the case of wearable parts like SUSP components, Engine Components, etc, they usually lose value proportionate to their use, I'd say something that's lightly used (5k-10k miles) usually is worth about 70% of what you paid, 10-20k miles around 50% and something in need of a rebuild is 35% or so.

Wheel pricing is really weird. It's all about condition, rarity and quality of the wheels. In the case of knock off wheels, they usually lose about 20% of their value once they've been driven on and deteriorate from there. GOOD wheels usually will lose about 10% of their value during the first few months of use, then lose another 20% or so after that. As long as they're in good condition, they'll rarely drop below 70% of their original sale value. Case in point, well sized Work Equips still command 2500+ easy.

TRue story. I think we're more discussing the people who buy for mspr,and try to sell for 5 dollars less after its been used for 20k miles

Yeah kids is tripping.

Also, anyone that knows me knows that I refuse to buy junk parts (excluding wheels), which is why my cars take forever to build.

Big_Jim
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
There's something to be said for a forum when it just dies out. A lot of it has to do with the atmosphere and feel which is usually determined by how the administration handles certain things. Not being critical here, just stating the facts.

I agree to a certain extent.

Sometimes forums die out because of an influx of idiots that post the dumbest **** wanting answers handed to them without doing any leg work themselves. That admin part..... well, i wont go there lol.

nuTinmuch
08-06-2012, 11:32 PM
It's not that everyone's over pricing things as much as they're ignorant to what parts actually sell for.

There's also the issue of the market being FLOODED with budget brands. Kids these days are broke so they buy the cheapest parts possible. Why am I going to buy name brand stuff that's used for double the price of this new and shiny ebay part.

No one pays for quality.

Eh, it's also because "quality" often doesn't follow price when it comes to car parts. We all know how overpriced certain things are, especially if they have a vaguely Japanese sounding name.

JerseyTuscani
08-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Also trolling endless pleasures is kinda fun,not gonna lie.

...the car club?

thefro526
08-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Eh, it's also because "quality" often doesn't follow price when it comes to car parts. We all know how overpriced certain things are, especially if they have a vaguely Japanese sounding name.

This is a good point.

Branding is an interesting topic in any context.

In the case of car parts, I think there is some justification behind brand related pricing. Take for example a company like HKS, Spoon, GReddy or Tomei. All of their parts have been proven to work in the most extreme situations possible, usually more extreme than anything that many of our cars will see. In this case, you're paying extra for peace of mind.

R&D costs are also something that many people miss. Designing a product from the ground up can be a massive expense for any company. This expense needs to be recuperated over time. Let's say for example, developing a new turbo kit costs a company $200,000 by the time it's ready for production. This company believes that they're going to sell a total of 500 of them over the next five years or so.

To make that money back, they tax on an extra $400 to the kit's price. Now add that $400 to the cost of making the kit itself, let's say they outsource it to the land of long walls and dragons, which should be somewhere in the neighborhood of $500-$800 considering the parts involved and the QC required - now we're somewhere around $900-$1200. The manufacturer needs to make some money too, both to cover their overhead and to profit, so let's say they mark it up an additional 100% (not an unreasonable number) and we're in the $1800-$2400 wholesale range. Add in the markup of the distributor, and you're probably just shy of $3,000 on the high end. Now the end dealer needs to make money, so they'll tax on $3,500 or so... and that's where the final price comes from.

Foolinaround
08-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Yes ricky. terrible things happened

DaBombDiggidy
08-08-2012, 10:18 AM

Sometimes forums die out because of an influx of idiots that post the dumbest **** wanting answers handed to them without doing any leg work themselves. That admin part..... well, i wont go there lol.

Honestly, It seemed like TST with the 17-25 group and the next generation just failed to pick it up, and most of us lost interest.

Foolinaround
08-08-2012, 06:27 PM
I agree with ricky though a down economy hurts the modified world. People are now not spending the money building cars because they don't have it. In all honesty I think sinking money into a vehicle to modify it is retarded,yet I still love it.

DaBombDiggidy
08-09-2012, 09:45 AM
disco potato brz didnt even make 300hp... estimated flywheel hp... lol JUNK IT

itwillboost
08-09-2012, 11:59 AM

This I think is huge. I feel like in general, even common conversation you will hear alot of stupid statements you might not have heard in the past though.

disco potato brz didnt even make 300hp... estimated flywheel hp... lol JUNK IT

Eh, hp is over rated. It's all about stance. :bigeek:

Ownskix
08-09-2012, 03:55 PM
any meets going on in south jersey?

Chaosweaver
08-09-2012, 06:30 PM
any meets going on in south jersey?

http://img0.joyreactor.com/images/templates/solo/no.jpg

Ownskix
08-10-2012, 08:48 AM
gay :(

ExpresS
08-10-2012, 01:57 PM
gay :(

My dog is gay, don't talk about my dog.

Ownskix
08-10-2012, 06:01 PM
My dog is gay, don't talk about my dog.

I'm going to slow cook it and feed it to homeless people in camden.:cyberguy:

Foolinaround
08-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Drink all the things

JerseyTuscani
08-10-2012, 07:35 PM
lol..i wanna know what happened between you and endless pleasures?

liberta
08-11-2012, 10:28 AM
LOL. EP is stuck in 2001.

jesus_ralliart
08-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm going to slow cook it and feed it to homeless people in camden.:cyberguy:

say word?

JerseyTuscani
08-11-2012, 05:41 PM
if it aint crown fried chicken or arroz con pollo homeless people aint eating it..lol

Foolinaround
08-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Two of my homies from jersey are here and were gonna do ****ing jager bombs til our piss comes out black

Ownskix
08-12-2012, 08:34 PM
if it aint crown fried chicken or arroz con pollo homeless people aint eating it..lol

If I was homeless i'd eat some dog.. throw some salt and pepper on that bish, maybe some adobo and sazon.. spicy dog mm.. :cyberguy:

DaBombDiggidy
08-13-2012, 08:57 AM
lol..i wanna know what happened between you and endless pleasures?

i would like to second this motion.

thefro526
08-13-2012, 09:52 PM
NJchat OG's.

I propose two ideas to you.

1) 2013 shall be a revival year. We must bring back the meets of yesteryear and let the children of the present bask in their glory.

2) I'm considering throwing together a 'driving in an awesome fashion meet' some time toward the end of October. Anyone interested?

Got Insulin?
08-14-2012, 01:10 AM
In for boths.

DaBombDiggidy
08-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Let's make it happen.

thefro526
08-14-2012, 10:37 AM
In for boths.

Let's make it happen.

Now the planning begins.

Foolinaround
08-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Out because florida :(

Got Insulin?
08-14-2012, 07:53 PM
In because of bro-telepathy.

And go-pros.

Foolinaround
08-14-2012, 08:22 PM
I haz go-pro,and In mentally because love you all

Andrew H
08-15-2012, 12:22 AM
noobie here, but down for some meets.

Big_Jim
08-15-2012, 10:20 AM
oh hey, can I play? lol

thefro526
08-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Go-Pro's Suck.

Contour HD is where it's at.

itwillboost
08-15-2012, 04:47 PM
NJchat OG's.

I propose two ideas to you.

2) I'm considering throwing together a 'driving in an awesome fashion meet' some time toward the end of October. Anyone interested?

If you do this and don't want to post up here let me know. I want to bring out my "track" car. I don't really like to drive it to much or bring it to big meets for a number of reasons, but I love nice cruises.

Foolinaround
08-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Want to trade in fit for an s2k,but cant find a CPO one...firstworldproblems

konawel
08-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Oh hey

Sentranewb
08-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Anyone suggest a good shop with nissan performance exp in south jersey? Specifically camden co if possible? I would like to explore getting some basic after market type stuff done to my 07 sentra ser but lack the time or experience to do it myself. (intake, exhaust, suspension, brakes - all depends on budget). My car just went over the 75k and it will need this type of work soon. Thanks for the info.

Foolinaround
08-16-2012, 10:34 PM
http://www.facebook.com/4130Fabrication

Sentranewb
08-16-2012, 10:45 PM
You familiar with them or just google them?

Foolinaround
08-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Familiar with them and the guys that work there. They do good work and lots of nice builds have come out of that shop

itwillboost
08-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Anyone suggest a good shop with nissan performance exp in south jersey? Specifically camden co if possible? I would like to explore getting some basic after market type stuff done to my 07 sentra ser but lack the time or experience to do it myself. (intake, exhaust, suspension, brakes - all depends on budget). My car just went over the 75k and it will need this type of work soon. Thanks for the info.

If you were further north I would say JDS Motoring. The work they do is crazy.

DaBombDiggidy
08-17-2012, 11:57 AM
what do you need? i can source and install whatever you need. im in stratford. suspension and intake/exhaust is pretty basic. i know a few nissan guys as well if your looking for specifics. i can also probably do it a lot cheaper then any nissan performance shop.

Sentranewb
08-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Looking for help with exhaust and suspension for my 07 sentra ser (cvt). Right now I'm trying to see how much it will be for the parts to do the intake, header (cat?) and the rest of the exhaust. Where do you work now? Thanks for the response.

DaBombDiggidy
08-20-2012, 08:09 AM
edit. whats the status on meet shenanigans

cant wait for the kiddies to go back to school.

thefro526
08-20-2012, 08:37 AM
As far as the driving in an awesome fashion meet goes, I'm looking at some time around 10/26-10/27. Need to come up with locations and stuff, odds are it'll involve more than 1 state and enough locations to fill a night. (11pm-4/5am)

blackvr4
08-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Here is a picture from the DSM shootout from over the weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/DarkMatterM4/529966_10150990415632681_1749838208_n.jpg

itwillboost
08-20-2012, 06:26 PM
As far as the driving in an awesome fashion meet goes, I'm looking at some time around 10/26-10/27. Need to come up with locations and stuff, odds are it'll involve more than 1 state and enough locations to fill a night. (11pm-4/5am)

Busy month, but that works perfectly. I know the first two weeks I have meets I am throwing, one more big then quality, and the second one will have both. They are more about north though.

Also started having some fun prepping my 240.

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab86/soccerkid19/240%20S13/0820121257.jpg
http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab86/soccerkid19/240%20S13/0820121256b.jpg

DaBombDiggidy
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM
because helmets are for ****ing pussies

Foolinaround
08-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Might have my hands on something new and enjoyable soon

blackvr4
08-21-2012, 04:12 PM
because helmets are for ****ing pussies

Lol, you have no idea how easy it is to drive on a track when you don't wear a helmet, I saw a car run somewhere in the 9s and the guy had no helmet. I wish it was a DSM shootout every weekend.

liberta
08-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Alex, that's insane hahaha.

As far as no helmets, They probably figured that if a dsm crashes with no cage, the driver is ****ed. Helmet or not.

blackvr4
08-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Alex, that's insane hahaha.

As far as no helmets, They probably figured that if a dsm crashes with no cage, the driver is ****ed. Helmet or not.

Lol thanks liberta, stock suspension will do that, First pass off the trailer I pulled a 1.701 60Foot, first time ever launching on slicks! So close to 1.6s, checked the data logs later and with the antilag the car was leaving at almost 30psi, if I left a little more aggressively off the clutch would have easily been in the 1.6s.

They dont care for safety because DSMs are unsafe only way to keep the drivers safe is to snip all of their timing belts. :P

Fitment.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k234/boomn29/Evo/2011/Gingerman_Air_1.jpg

liberta
08-26-2012, 04:32 PM
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee168/1LapSRT/Viper%20Days/NJMP%202011/DSC_0572.jpg

Foolinaround
08-26-2012, 05:57 PM
I hate seeing perfectly good sports cars go to waste. Like the m3's on 24's and stupid **** of that nature.

thefro526
08-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Anyone here REALLY GOOD at wiring?

Shorted a hot lead from the battery to my chassis this weekend and now I don't have power to anything in the car...

Checked all of the usual **** and am coming up with nothing.

DaBombDiggidy
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM
srt-4s don't turn for **** but somehow doug wind has fwd records at every track in the country for a non slick set up.

beside that fro i cant help yah, wiring is something i try and not acknowledge even exists in my car.

blackvr4
08-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Man wiring aint hard, scissors, bubble gum, and duct tape is how I do all my wiring in the talon.

Foolinaround
08-27-2012, 06:02 PM
^
Probably a true story.

If i survive the hurricane ill be up in about a week

bl@ckvr4
08-31-2012, 06:09 PM
"Hey bl@ckvr4,
It looks like you haven't posted anything on TST in a while. Don't be shy! Join in on the action and create or update your Member Journal, add a question or answer to the Car Specific or Tech Sections, or wander over to the Regional Sections to get involved again in your area. Hope to talk to you on the boards soon!"

JerseyTuscani
09-01-2012, 05:58 PM
lol....don't you want to "join in on the action" art? what it really should say is "hey start posting! I gotta buy a new part for my Supra" :)

Foolinaround
09-01-2012, 08:13 PM
http://s8.postimage.org/6ze0bxier/wowoww.gif

thefro526
09-02-2012, 01:43 AM
FWIW, I worked out that whole wiring issue.

Interestingly enough, my ground wire decided that it didn't like millions of electrons bombarding it and it quit after replacing that and running a proper engine ground (2ga welding cable) the issue seems to have been resolved.

I did learn one thing from this whole thing though. I totally nerd over wiring diagrams. If you think you like cars, go through your preferred vehicle's wiring diagram and learn how it works. That ish cray. Awesome, but cray.

DaBombDiggidy
09-06-2012, 09:32 AM
like i said, wiring diagrams are non existent in my mind lol. I'm currently dealing with figuring out the whole an lines ****. with my power level my fuel rail is seeing a psi decrease and making the injectors open fully (over 1kccs). theres just no fuel to do it though so the computer is pulling me back 10 psi. time to drill into my canister and make a true return instead of the bottle neck crap i have currently.

Foolinaround
09-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Last night was a good start of this **** show 5 days.

Big_Jim
09-06-2012, 10:17 AM
JB you back in town?

Foolinaround
09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Yup til monday,cous tonight too btw @ 9

Big_Jim
09-06-2012, 04:15 PM
ugh, wish I could, but I have the peanut till sunday.

itwillboost
09-09-2012, 06:43 PM
FWIW, I worked out that whole wiring issue.

Interestingly enough, my ground wire decided that it didn't like millions of electrons bombarding it and it quit after replacing that and running a proper engine ground (2ga welding cable) the issue seems to have been resolved.

I did learn one thing from this whole thing though. I totally nerd over wiring diagrams. If you think you like cars, go through your preferred vehicle's wiring diagram and learn how it works. That ish cray. Awesome, but cray.

Hell yea. Funny I was gonna say check your ground. I fell like more then 50% of problems are ground related issues. I know that's what messed up my Haltech ECU.

Foolinaround
09-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Ive been home and have seen some of the people,leave tomorrow. Remembered why I left though

Big_Jim
09-09-2012, 10:48 PM
are you flying out tomorrow?

JerseyTuscani
09-13-2012, 01:57 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c387/OriginalJerseyBoy/subaru-sti.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj134/nakahara-sunako/ONTD/Dat_ass_captain_america.jpg

thefro526
09-14-2012, 04:17 PM
White STi is so cash.

Foolinaround
09-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Me and Big_Jim had a nice chat session in the airport about the failure of the "scene" now;and admired all datass going through the airport.

blackvr4
09-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Are people into cars anymore wtf?

Foolinaround
09-18-2012, 05:27 PM
at the end of the month im getting a 1gb,6bolt. SO no not really

JerseyTuscani
09-18-2012, 06:32 PM
I think people are going into hibernation Alex. I need this in my life.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/KaZe1_2006/DSC_0077.jpg

Chaosweaver
09-18-2012, 09:15 PM
at the end of the month im getting a 1gb,6bolt. SO no not really

I see a lot of sleepless nights in your future.

Foolinaround
09-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Its a weekend car so it doesnt really bother me.

Big_Jim
09-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Me and Big_Jim had a nice chat session in the airport about the failure of the "scene" now;and admired all datass going through the airport.

Yessir! It was great shooting the proverbial **** with you.

Foolinaround
09-18-2012, 10:57 PM
No no,the pleasure was all mine good sir

blackvr4
09-19-2012, 05:35 AM
I think people are going into hibernation Alex. I need this in my life.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/302/7/8/STM_Evo_Shoot_I_by_RedlineHeart.jpg
Fixed, your in good company now ricky. If you wanna know why not to buy a subaru check out EVOvsSTI this weekend, its almost sad.

Foolinaround
09-19-2012, 08:03 PM
^I c wut u ded ther

Got Insulin?
09-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Ah, the STM Evo. SO GOOD.

Chaosweaver
09-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Fixed, your in good company now ricky. If you wanna know why not to buy a subaru check out EVOvsSTI this weekend, its almost sad.

Take some video, I might not be able to go after all, some family stuff came up.

Bacon
10-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Theres a meet at the Union Toys'r us / applebees parking lot on 22 this Friday... expecting over 150 cars from what I saw on this FB invite.

DaBombDiggidy
10-08-2012, 10:28 AM
most of us are south jersey people...

hiyah everyone. was surprised everyone hadn't left the nj chat yet.

Foolinaround
10-08-2012, 11:55 AM
cars suck

mermaid
10-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Cars do suck. Wish more people would take the bus.

Foolinaround
10-10-2012, 11:19 AM
At this point in my life(Unless I get this new job,which I will because I'm awesome) I just don't have the time or money to mess around with vehicles

liberta
10-10-2012, 11:25 AM
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/81792/81792_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/81792/81792_Side_Profile_Web.jpg
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/Fullsize/Cars/81792/81792_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

1300lbs.

mermaid
10-10-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm right there with you. Er, I was. The paychecks are just starting to roll in from my new job. As far as time goes, I have no friends here, my car is my friend.

On another note, is that a Lotus?

Foolinaround
10-10-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm right there with you. Er, I was. The paychecks are just starting to roll in from my new job. As far as time goes, I have no friends here, my car is my friend.

On another note, is that a Lotus?

My hookah,my car,my longboard,and my laptop are the closest friends I have. I do have one girl that's a really good friend whos about 15 mins away but I see her like once every two weeks.

mermaid
10-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh, my laptop and I are more than friends...

liberta
10-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Lotus 340R. Basically an Elise with all the weight taken out. One of 8 legally imported into the US. Auction starts at 48k :/

mermaid
10-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Lotus 340R. Basically an Elise with all the weight taken out. One of 8 legally imported into the US. Auction starts at 48k :/

Fuhhh... looks like a blast. I would love an elise. This would be sweet too, I just think I would prefer a little interior. Is the 340r a kit car?

Foolinaround
10-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh, my laptop and I are more than friends...

:bigeek:

Did you just move to a new place?

liberta
10-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Limited Production borderline racecar with a license plate. They made 340 of them(hence the name). The prototype also had a power/weight of 340hp/ton

And as for Bresch, they kinda did, but not the K you're thinking of. It had the Rover K engine from the at the time Elise(2000).

The 340R is the Series 1 equivalent of the Series 2 Exige based 2-Eleven

Foolinaround
10-10-2012, 02:20 PM
So its almost a 1/2zz?

mermaid
10-10-2012, 02:38 PM
:bigeek:

Did you just move to a new place?

:rofl: Yep, Just moved back to NJ from Nashville. It's just me, my car, and the internet.

Foolinaround
10-10-2012, 03:16 PM
North or south jersey? This thread is mostly SJ people and theyre are the most friendly people I know....although sometimes it gets a little bromosexual

mermaid
10-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Central, I suppose. I'm in Middlesex county. I grew up in Morris county. Been in Nashville for the last 7-8 years though.

Foolinaround
10-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Try and make it out to one of their local meets,theyre good people.

itwillboost
10-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Central, I suppose. I'm in Middlesex county. I grew up in Morris county. Been in Nashville for the last 7-8 years though.

Nice, I am middlesex county too.

itwillboost
10-11-2012, 12:25 AM
The 340R is the Series 1 equivalent of the Series 2 Exige based 2-Eleven

I am in love with that car lol. I would love to run one of those in time attack.

mermaid
10-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Nice, I am middlesex county too.

Any local meetups? I've seen quite a few cars around town I wouldn't mind meeting!

Foolinaround
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
^I think she's a girl too,so she'll get all the leg humps

mr_eh
10-11-2012, 12:42 PM
There's a meetup in my pants, no girls allowed.

I think there's a Nissan meet coming up this or next week, I'm sure you can meet people there.

Foolinaround
10-11-2012, 12:58 PM
There's a meetup in my pants, no girls allowed.

:thumbup:

mermaid
10-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I'm going to the Nissan meet! and yeah... I'm a girl. :eek:

When you guys see a lonely lookin' blonde girl in a red s13, TN tags... please befriend her.

Foolinaround
10-11-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't think you'll have a problem. A single girl,arriving alone,out of state tags,with an s13? You'll make more friends than you know what to do with.

mr_eh
10-11-2012, 02:58 PM
I don't think you'll have a problem. A single girl,arriving alone,out of state tags,with an s13? You'll make more friends than you know what to do with.

[insert i'm here for the gang bang picture]

I'm debating taking the 240 over but the rear fenders wont be done and it's missing some paint, not sure if the trunk is on yet either :|

Foolinaround
10-11-2012, 03:01 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWwFpuQMP8jZrdtvMF18xp-9RMkTjJbRkvaGiNWE6oMXonra8e8K_wQGwV

I'm debating taking the 240 over but the rear fenders wont be done and it's missing some paint, not sure if the trunk is on yet either :|
fixed

Big_Jim
10-11-2012, 03:07 PM

hahahahaha troof.

mr_eh
10-11-2012, 03:10 PM
fixed

Thanks - I'm at work I didn't want to google image search that :)

mermaid
10-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks - I'm at work I didn't want to google image search that :)

Wise decision hahaha. Well, I'm gunna try to avoid as much negative attention as possible. :roll: Not into all that. I just need to make some friends.

mr_eh
10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
making friends into cars is easy, you can weed out the creeps by who sends you private messages or hits you up on facebook first.

I suppose it depends on what kind of friends you want to make and what you are into though.. but I'd recommend checking out the nissan meet even if it's not all local people I'm sure you'll meet some people and network some friends out of it.

anything done to your 240? I like to pretend I am a 240 enthusiast.

mermaid
10-11-2012, 04:50 PM
making friends into cars is easy, you can weed out the creeps by who sends you private messages or hits you up on facebook first.

I suppose it depends on what kind of friends you want to make and what you are into though.. but I'd recommend checking out the nissan meet even if it's not all local people I'm sure you'll meet some people and network some friends out of it.

anything done to your 240? I like to pretend I am a 240 enthusiast.

Yeah, I know. I've been in it a long time. I know some people up here, but they're all AWD people. I need to meet some slideyfriends!

Car's only got 66K original on it, so I've only done suspension goodies. I ditched the full ka-t build. I'm just gunna slap a kit on the lowmiles ka until i can get the funds for the bigboy motor.

Foolinaround
10-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Go to any clubloose events if you want slide friends! best guys in the north east

Big_Jim
10-11-2012, 05:44 PM
yo, jb, how far are you from cocoa beach? I remember us talking about that before, but I dont remember what u said lol.

mr_eh
10-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I know. I've been in it a long time. I know some people up here, but they're all AWD people. I need to meet some slideyfriends!

Car's only got 66K original on it, so I've only done suspension goodies. I ditched the full ka-t build. I'm just gunna slap a kit on the lowmiles ka until i can get the funds for the bigboy motor.

10-4 yeah clubloose events are great, I went to my first drift deally at freedom moves - seems like fun but I'd never do that to my 240.. big boy motor is more my language.

what kind of motor are you looking to build?

Foolinaround
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM
yo, jb, how far are you from cocoa beach? I remember us talking about that before, but I dont remember what u said lol.

Roughly 2:45-3 hours. Making a trip?

Big_Jim
10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
I may be down that way before Christmas, but I'd be flying into Orlando and staying in cocoa beach.

All depends on what weekend it falls, and when I have Leah.

Foolinaround
10-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Shoot me a text closer to the time, we can probably re-arrange something as there is a wawa in orlando I've been dying to go to

itwillboost
10-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Any local meetups? I've seen quite a few cars around town I wouldn't mind meeting!

If your around sunday come out to the 5th annual nissan meet. I will introduce you to some people just ask for Phil. Don't worry people will know who your looking for.

Now that I read your comments on the ka I am disappointed, just saying.

itwillboost
10-11-2012, 10:00 PM
[insert i'm here for the gang bang picture]

Do it, I want to see your car.

Big_Jim
10-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Shoot me a text closer to the time, we can probably re-arrange something as there is a wawa in orlando I've been dying to go to

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Foolinaround
10-12-2012, 01:01 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liuzbqmmPk1qbvc38o1_250.png

mr_eh
10-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Do it, I want to see your car.

me too.

The rear fenders are getting welded shut saturday, if I take it out sunday it's just an extra day I won't have it back painted =| ...but maybe for a few hours... but then again, everyone's so concerned with looks the car looks ratty as it's being repaired/prepped for paint :( bad schedulin.

mermaid
10-12-2012, 10:52 AM
10-4 yeah clubloose events are great, I went to my first drift deally at freedom moves - seems like fun but I'd never do that to my 240.. big boy motor is more my language.

what kind of motor are you looking to build?

Unless I change my mind and go back to the fully built monster Ka-T... she's gunna get a 2j. :drag:

If your around sunday come out to the 5th annual nissan meet. I will introduce you to some people just ask for Phil. Don't worry people will know who your looking for.

Now that I read your comments on the ka I am disappointed, just saying.

I think I know who you are via facebook...

What about the KA? I wanna see what my stock ka feel like with a little boost before I go crazy beefing up a ka...

mr_eh
10-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Unless I change my mind and go back to the fully built monster Ka-T... she's gunna get a 2j. :drag:

What about the KA? I wanna see what my stock ka feel like with a little boost
before I go crazy beefing up a ka...

Why 2j? I see a lot of people dumping stock 2js in and blowing their load on the swap itself... It's a great motor if you mod it but I don't understand just swapping it over and leaving it alone.

kats are amazing when built.

you could always go with a ****ty sr20 that no one likes because they make no power at all ever... no one can make power with sr20s.

made 463 but the powerfc sensor doesnt go above 25psi, tuning had to stop there, have a new sensor and will get it retuned for 28-30psi... i'd like to crack 500whp on the dyno dynamics...
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/221873_10150232302027392_1103399_n.jpg

mermaid
10-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Why 2j? I see a lot of people dumping stock 2js in and blowing their load on the swap itself... It's a great motor if you mod it but I don't understand just swapping it over and leaving it alone.

kats are amazing when built.

you could always go with a ****ty sr20 that no one likes because they make no power at all ever... no one can make power with sr20s.

made 463 but the powerfc sensor doesnt go above 25psi, tuning had to stop there, have a new sensor and will get it retuned for 28-30psi... i'd like to crack 500whp on the dyno dynamics...
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/221873_10150232302027392_1103399_n.jpg

I'm looking at it in terms of my driving. My Ka-T plans were putting me at ~500. I'll be honest. There's not way I'm attempting to slide a 500hp (or near it) car. The price tag for that build, once i broke it down, was also VERY hefty. I'm a KA fan, but those numbers got high, fast. You really have no choice but to build every single aspect of that motor if you're going for high power.

The reason I'm thinking 2j is I could throw it in, do a few upgrades, and make near 300 easy on a stock bottom end. That's pretty much what my current power hunger is. From what I've read the swap can get ugly. But it's really not thaaat bad. Plus I've got a model chassis to put it in.

I can literally just get a stock 2j and trans, get it in and running. And I've got something I'm super happy with right off the bat. It's all downhill from there until I want way more power and the 2j gets built, assuming that time ever comes with this car.

Plus, the 2j is sweet. Face it.

As far as SRs go... not my style. I've seen some sick ones. My buddy has had several when he was at JGY in Va. But that's the thing, he's had several... if ya catch my drift...

The powerfc doesn't go over 25? Didn't see that coming...

Edit: That's a prettty motor though :P

Foolinaround
10-12-2012, 12:15 PM
TheFro is finishing up his 1j in his s13 here. (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99976) The swap isn't as simple as you would think,and the 2j is going to be just as fun.

mermaid
10-12-2012, 12:24 PM
TheFro is finishing up his 1j in his s13 here. (http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99976) The swap isn't as simple as you would think,and the 2j is going to be just as fun.

I came across that thread the other day looking for something, I just didn't read that far. I'll have to take a look later. I'm at work right now. I can't get too tranced into reading a build.

Bates
10-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Stick with a Nissan motor for your S13 Mermaid. Drop a VH in it.

mermaid
10-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Stick with a Nissan motor for your S13 Mermaid. Drop a VH in it.

If I stayed Nissan, it would be an RB. Nothin against 'em, I'm just not really a V8 person.

mr_eh
10-12-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm looking at it in terms of my driving. My Ka-T plans were putting me at ~500. I'll be honest. There's not way I'm attempting to slide a 500hp (or near it) car. The price tag for that build, once i broke it down, was also VERY hefty. I'm a KA fan, but those numbers got high, fast. You really have no choice but to build every single aspect of that motor if you're going for high power.

The reason I'm thinking 2j is I could throw it in, do a few upgrades, and make near 300 easy on a stock bottom end. That's pretty much what my current power hunger is. From what I've read the swap can get ugly. But it's really not thaaat bad. Plus I've got a model chassis to put it in.

I can literally just get a stock 2j and trans, get it in and running. And I've got something I'm super happy with right off the bat. It's all downhill from there until I want way more power and the 2j gets built, assuming that time ever comes with this car.

Plus, the 2j is sweet. Face it.

As far as SRs go... not my style. I've seen some sick ones. My buddy has had several when he was at JGY in Va. But that's the thing, he's had several... if ya catch my drift...

The powerfc doesn't go over 25? Didn't see that coming...

Edit: That's a prettty motor though :P

True that, I keep forgetting not everyone is interested in 500+whp. 2jz isn't bad for a drift build. I don't remember how much I spent on just the motor but I've passed the 60k mark with the entire build ... I should have priced it out before getting knee deep in it I wouldnt have done it.

That's funny the motor was originally built by JGY angled valve job is from them still - I bought the motor from a guy who was trying to go big whp with it but threw in the towel, bought the motor from him and re-did more or less all of it anyway but it was a good starting point.

The pfc comes with a 3 bar sensor, I ordered a 5 bar immediately but they wanted me to drive the car with a 20lb tune to break it in further...

20lbs is boring. very tame, the twin scroll has a linear power curve it's not violent at all

edit; yeah motors come and go, if the sr pops I think I'll do a ls swap and call it a day.
and yes it's verry pretty in person, it hurts me knowing one day it's gonna die in an epic fashion...

another week or two hopefully and I can see it painted finally.

mermaid
10-12-2012, 01:39 PM
True that, I keep forgetting not everyone is interested in 500+whp. 2jz isn't bad for a drift build. I don't remember how much I spent on just the motor but I've passed the 60k mark with the entire build ... I should have priced it out before getting knee deep in it I wouldnt have done it.

That's funny the motor was originally built by JGY angled valve job is from them still - I bought the motor from a guy who was trying to go big whp with it but threw in the towel, bought the motor from him and re-did more or less all of it anyway but it was a good starting point.

The pfc comes with a 3 bar sensor, I ordered a 5 bar immediately but they wanted me to drive the car with a 20lb tune to break it in further...

20lbs is boring. very tame, the twin scroll has a linear power curve it's not violent at all

edit; yeah motors come and go, if the sr pops I think I'll do a ls swap and call it a day.
and yes it's verry pretty in person, it hurts me knowing one day it's gonna die in an epic fashion...

another week or two hopefully and I can see it painted finally.

Oh the headwork on his SR is rediculous. He's never had problems as far as the top end goes. Half of it is his bad luck, I believe.

I'm hoping to pump around 15 into the KA... if (when) it dies, so be it. More motivation to get the new motor in.

Kudos though, it takes kahunas to do it big. His last SR broke loose at highway speeds like it was nothing.

mr_eh
10-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh the headwork on his SR is rediculous. He's never had problems as far as the top end goes. Half of it is his bad luck, I believe.

I'm hoping to pump around 15 into the KA... if (when) it dies, so be it. More motivation to get the new motor in.

Kudos though, it takes kahunas to do it big. His last SR broke loose at highway speeds like it was nothing.

at 20lbs it doesn't lose traction in second, but I'm on drag radials. 15 into a ka would go quite a long way.. I would like to ride in a built ka, I didn't really learn about their potency/potential until I was far along the sr20 path...

mermaid
10-12-2012, 01:57 PM
at 20lbs it doesn't lose traction in second, but I'm on drag radials. 15 into a ka would go quite a long way.. I would like to ride in a built ka, I didn't really learn about their potency/potential until I was far along the sr20 path...

Another friend of mine jusssst finished his about a week ago. When it's in, best believe I'll post of some videos! Alllll the SR guys are waiting to run him... Another Ka-T guy down there is making ~400. Has been for around a year, I believe.

I have another KA ready for internals in storage in Nashville. Just never ordered them. It's sitting right next to that blown up SR :-p

mr_eh
10-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Another friend of mine jusssst finished his about a week ago. When it's in, best believe I'll post of some videos! Alllll the SR guys are waiting to run him... Another Ka-T guy down there is making ~400. Has been for around a year, I believe.

I have another KA ready for internals in storage in Nashville. Just never ordered them. It's sitting right next to that blown up SR :-p

Nice, yeah I read ka-t.org occasionally and in the drag zilvians thread on zilvia a ka guy making 8 and change posted up ... it's crazy... like an untapped resource of engines for these cars... I wish I kept mine that came out but w/e.

mermaid
10-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Nice, yeah I read ka-t.org occasionally and in the drag zilvians thread on zilvia a ka guy making 8 and change posted up ... it's crazy... like an untapped resource of engines for these cars... I wish I kept mine that came out but w/e.

True. Hopefully you can still get a fair bit out of the sr one day! Then you'll switch over to the dark side.

mr_eh
10-12-2012, 02:15 PM
True. Hopefully you can still get a fair bit out of the sr one day! Then you'll switch over to the dark side.

I'll be happy with 2 summers out of it

Foolinaround
10-12-2012, 02:31 PM
They're great drag motors for sure,but with their weight drift guys pull them for the lighter SR.

blackvr4
10-12-2012, 05:36 PM
What a good turn this thread took, went from ****ty "fitment cars" to people talking about turbos and engines, love it!

itwillboost
10-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Stick with a Nissan motor for your S13 Mermaid. Drop a VK in it.

Fixed. Or the 3.8, I heard those make some power. :mrgreen:

me too.

The rear fenders are getting welded shut saturday, if I take it out sunday it's just an extra day I won't have it back painted =| ...but maybe for a few hours... but then again, everyone's so concerned with looks the car looks ratty as it's being repaired/prepped for paint :( bad schedulin.

Eh looks only go so far, plus that motor is sexy. I definitely like it. How do you like the power fc, we just bought one for a sr and a friend might be throwing one on his rb. You might now him Chris with the r32 in ny.

I will take you for a ride with my new set up in my s13. Should be done in a bout a weekish, around 400whp. That's fine for now.

I think I know who you are via facebook...

What about the KA? I wanna see what my stock ka feel like with a little boost before I go crazy beefing up a ka...

Plently of ka's are comfortably at 300whp stock block. Sadly I have 2 ka-t's.

mermaid
10-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Plently of ka's are comfortably at 300whp stock block. Sadly I have 2 ka-t's.

I find this hard to believe. Then again, I'm hearing it more and more as long as the tune is really good. I've just heard so many horror stories. I'm gunna try it anyway though!

itwillboost
10-13-2012, 11:48 AM
I find this hard to believe. Then again, I'm hearing it more and more as long as the tune is really good. I've just heard so many horror stories. I'm gunna try it anyway though!

Horror stories on the ka ? Trying to get 300whp on of a stock ka shouldn't lead to any horror stories, once you break 350whp. But again the tune is key. To many people go mail order and are suprised when it has issues.

mermaid
10-13-2012, 07:12 PM
What do you suggest? Tune wise. What do you use?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk 2

Foolinaround
10-13-2012, 07:26 PM
R/T does great work with S-chassis cars if you're looking for good guys. Almost everyone in the shop Drifts with Club Loose,or is involved.

Got Insulin?
10-14-2012, 12:05 AM
I gave up on Nissan motors in Nissans.

Foolinaround
10-14-2012, 12:34 AM
Formula Saito; waiting for the wedding between him and andy yen

mermaid
10-14-2012, 12:52 AM
Formula Saito; waiting for the wedding between him and andy yen

Daigo killed it in Atlanta this year. Apparently he killed it tonight too, judging by my newsfeed.

itwillboost
10-14-2012, 01:58 AM

One of mine is a Haltech, one is a daughter board I tuned. You will get to see some of our toys tomorrow, unforunately I my piston rings took 3 weeks to get here so now the motor was finished today, but won't be dropped in for another week. I think we know a thing or two about ka's. My crew holds 4 of the 5 fwd ka records in the US and we have some pretty sick rwd ones, as well as 2 awd. Don't ask why we love them but we do lol.

Daigo killed it in Atlanta this year. Apparently he killed it tonight too, judging by my newsfeed.

Yes indeed.

Foolinaround
10-14-2012, 01:28 PM

He did no such thing. He barely qualified,he won because rhys chrashed and they robbed matt field. It's all political.

New judges for 2013 or I'm just gonna follow Xdc

mr_eh
10-14-2012, 06:48 PM
What a good turn this thread took, went from ****ty "fitment cars" to people talking about turbos and engines, love it!

I have that affect on people.

Eh looks only go so far, plus that motor is sexy. I definitely like it. How do you like the power fc, we just bought one for a sr and a friend might be throwing one on his rb. You might now him Chris with the r32 in ny.

I will take you for a ride with my new set up in my s13. Should be done in a bout a weekish, around 400whp. That's fine for now.

The power fc is great, the tune on the car from frank@pride performance is so linear, the power ramps up with no hesitation or sputtering.

300whp and 300 reliable whp is different

power fc, or if you need to get an inspection, fcon. I can recommend frank@prideperformance for tuning with the pfc, extremely happy with how he handled the 240 thus far.

R/T does great work with S-chassis cars if you're looking for good guys. Almost everyone in the shop Drifts with Club Loose,or is involved.

r/t is a fantastic shop and I had planned on going to them for a tune, they did the break in tune on my 240 and it was great. they treated me very nice down there and vince was very up front with everything he saw and experienced while doing the tune, highly recommend them if you are close to em. But like I said pride performance put the full tune on the sr and they were great to me over the course of building the car and helping me out tremendously with random ass **** that pops up.

itwillboost
10-15-2012, 02:47 AM
The power fc is great, the tune on the car from frank@pride performance is so linear, the power ramps up with no hesitation or sputtering.

300whp and 300 reliable whp is different

r/t is a fantastic shop and I had planned on going to them for a tune, they did the break in tune on my 240 and it was great. they treated me very nice down there and vince was very up front with everything he saw and experienced while doing the tune, highly recommend them if you are close to em. But like I said pride performance put the full tune on the sr and they were great to me over the course of building the car and helping me out tremendously with random ass **** that pops up.

Linear power ftw. Btw next time your at pride tell carlos that Phil needs that harness lol. They actually one had a couple cars there today like the silver r33, suprised normally more come out. And 300whp and reliable 300whp is very different, but at the same time it's pretty simple on a boosted car if you don't go with a noob tuner or a rom tune.

And finally I agree about r/t being a great shop, but I wouldn't travel so far when there is so many good s-chassis shops in the area. That in no way takes away from them though. They are great guys and do good work.

thefro526
10-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Interestingly enough, as much as I don't like the idea of KA-T's (for some reason, they're just not cool in my brain) I've actually been considering piecing one together for the lols.

It's my understanding that the KA bottom end is more than strong enough to handle a well tuned 300whp setup - key word being well tuned... BUT, they don't like to rev over 7,000 or so without some serious work.

itwillboost
10-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Interestingly enough, as much as I don't like the idea of KA-T's (for some reason, they're just not cool in my brain) I've actually been considering piecing one together for the lols.

It's my understanding that the KA bottom end is more than strong enough to handle a well tuned 300whp setup - key word being well tuned... BUT, they don't like to rev over 7,000 or so without some serious work.

That is all basically dead on, except even with serious work I wouldn't rev over 7,500. That's my current redline and I don't hit it.

fearD.evo
10-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Wats up kids I'm a newbie here cool forum.

mr_eh
10-17-2012, 08:43 AM

very strong motors, they just lack the whoa factor when you pop the hood to jdm kids, but 300whp is 300whp. I try to get out of gears around 6500... I have no interest in breaking things at 8k.

mermaid
10-18-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm just gunna run mine till it dies. That's the great thing about cars, you're not stuck with one motor forever. One anything, for that matter.

However, question. Where does one get a welded diff around here? Skip the flaming, it's not my favorite thing ever either.

Big_Jim
10-18-2012, 04:29 PM
^ pretty sure Nick at EliteJDM can do it

thefro526
10-23-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm just gunna run mine till it dies. That's the great thing about cars, you're not stuck with one motor forever. One anything, for that matter.

However, question. Where does one get a welded diff around here? Skip the flaming, it's not my favorite thing ever either.

I'd have Nick at EliteJDM do it, he's the only guy down this way that I'd trust with one anymore.

I've had a total of 4 welded diffs (none of them done by Nick), three in S13's and one in an FC. Thus far, the one in the FC grenaded, one of my S13 diffs had cracked welds, and one of them was still running strong last time I saw my first car and the last is in my 1J car, we'll see how it holds up.

The key to properly welding the differential is ensuring it's as clean as possible and pre-heating the spider gears. If you miss either of these steps, you're boned.

mermaid
10-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Looks like I'm calling EliteJDM. Thanks, guys. I appreciate the insight, Fro! If I'm gunna go welded, I might as well do it right.

thefro526
10-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Looks like I'm calling EliteJDM. Thanks, guys. I appreciate the insight, Fro! If I'm gunna go welded, I might as well do it right.

Not a problem.

It's worth noting that once you weld your differential you're going to notice some differences in the rear end, especially at low speed turning. I hope you're already aware of this, but if not, be careful during the first few drives and get used to the differences as the car can react weirdly to certain situations. It's not crazy or anything, just don't be a noodle.

Also, you might notice some accelerated bushing wear, especially if the subframe bushings are already compromised.

mermaid
10-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Luckily the bushings aren't absolutely awful. I have driven weldeds before, I'm really not nuts about them. But as I'm sitting here weighing out my needs/wants and my funds... welded it is.

Not to mention I'm gunna have to drive this car this winter, somehow. From what I'm hearing, it'll be easier with a welded than an open.

Plus... my open is about to blow up. Too many left-turn clutchkicks, I guess.

thefro526
10-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Luckily the bushings aren't absolutely awful. I have driven weldeds before, I'm really not nuts about them. But as I'm sitting here weighing out my needs/wants and my funds... welded it is.

Not to mention I'm gunna have to drive this car this winter, somehow. From what I'm hearing, it'll be easier with a welded than an open.

Plus... my open is about to blow up. Too many left-turn clutchkicks, I guess.

Winter SHOULDN'T be too bad. Keep good tires on the car and pay a tonne of attention when driving on wet/snowy/icy roads.

I Daily-ed my car through one winter on a welded and it wasn't too bad. Most of the time I'd just cruise around a gear high if I was worried about the rear breaking loose. I did put the car up a curb in my neighborhood once being a noodle, but all in all, it wasn't bad.

mermaid
10-23-2012, 12:28 PM
No noodleing on snow for me. I've been in the south for too damn long! I'm honestly more concerned about the show ill be plowing with the stock chucki front and the low. Even though its not even that low...

mr_eh
10-23-2012, 01:14 PM
http://www.uploads.decalbin.com/data/resized_240_snow.png

snow shmow!

thefro526
10-23-2012, 02:53 PM
No noodleing on snow for me. I've been in the south for too damn long! I'm honestly more concerned about the show ill be plowing with the stock chucki front and the low. Even though its not even that low...

I'm an avid believer that if there's enough snow on the ground to turn a bumper into a plow, you shouldn't be out in the snow.

Foolinaround
10-23-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm an avid believer that if there's enough snow on the ground to turn a bumper into a plow, you shouldn't be out in the snow.

I can't actually get behind this. My integra would plow like no ones business,and it kept my intercooler temps super cool.

Also the mr2+snow was amazingly fun. Really if you don't drive like a noodle you're fine in any vehicle.

mermaid
10-23-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm really liking this 'noodle' term. Lololol

Tapatalk'd from my evo!

Big_Jim
10-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Both of my old xB's were awesome snow plows.

Foolinaround
10-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Both of my old xB's were awesome snow plows.

I feel like I need to see you in some VIP car with all the trimmings popping bottles,and one of diet coke for taysauce, with all kinds of fantastic women.

Big_Jim
10-23-2012, 09:04 PM
I feel like I need to see you in some VIP car with all the trimmings popping bottles,and one of diet coke for taysauce, with all kinds of fantastic women.

Oh I fully agree, that was the plan with the srt8. But then reality and responsibility kicks in, and I'm back in an econobox with some VIP flair lol

Foolinaround
10-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Oh I fully agree, that was the plan with the srt8. But then reality and responsibility kicks in, and I'm back in an econobox with some VIP flair lol

Gs400 or bust. Haha some day brotha some day

Got Insulin?
10-23-2012, 10:36 PM

Diet cokes all day. Simple way to never had to worry about the subframe bushings is to pull the subframe with the diff and install the solid bushings; collars if you're unable to justify the expense, lazy, don't want the shakiness, or have super decent bushings.

SLDWYSJDM
11-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Lots of 240 talk going on in chea

on a side note, the internet is so boring I logged into tst for the first time since women had the right to vote..

also, another side note. my user name is hella gay, I should just log in under my trolling name from now on.

Got Insulin?
11-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Lots of 240 talk going on in chea

on a side note, the internet is so boring I logged into tst for the first time since women had the right to vote..

also, another side note. my user name is hella gay, I should just log in under my trolling name from now on.

Get it, Stunnnaaahhhh.

blackvr4
11-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I agree with the internet being boring, I find myself doing silly things out of boredom now, like reading books...........lol ya rite

Silver_2001_C5
11-15-2012, 02:26 AM
Are any of my NJ people going to atco raceway this friday night 11-16-12 or saturday morning 11-17-12? Ill be there friday night breaking in the new drag radials with the C5 and watching my buddy get into the 11's with his 97 cobra

JerseyTuscani
11-15-2012, 01:25 PM
isn't the import vs domestic event this weekend?

mermaid
11-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Anybody in NJ need a job? I'm at a Ford store in Summit. We need a detail guy/porter ASAP! Full time + overtime.

Got Insulin?
11-15-2012, 02:04 PM
The 240 made it's journey home last night from the 240-bro cave. Open-header KA was louder than some open-header v8s I've seen. Lots to do.

blackvr4
11-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Damn, putting in the correct motor still into that 240 right?