PDA

View Full Version : why wouldn't this give me a CEL?

driftingrx5.7
09-13-2009, 10:45 PM
well i finally had the time to go under the FC today and look to see what the hell was wrong with my car. i was told it was the o2 sensors so i went under and said let me just take them off and see what they look like. I got them off and i see this
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10108&stc=1&d=1252896248
(the motor is a 95 lt1)
so i ordered two new o2 sensors before hand because i did a full tune up i said i might as well swap them out too. So now that i swapped in the two new ones it driving like normal again. but i am lost as to why they wouldn't give me a CEL. anyone know? if it wasn't for a friend looking at my data log and seeing the hickups on my o2 readings i would of never known. and i checked many times for a cel and even drove it with the computer on it to see if does anything. and still nothing. so i am lost! but at least its working again!

Khellen
09-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Woot, on demand burnouts....gooooo!

Hey shawn, I think I'm buying a 1976 porsche 911. WOOT.

Foolinaround
09-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Sometimes it dosent hiccup enough to pop a cel.

driftingrx5.7
09-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Woot, on demand burnouts....gooooo!

Hey shawn, I think I'm buying a 1976 porsche 911. WOOT.
lol burn outs with 4.10 gears are hard to do..lol

Sometimes it dosent hiccup enough to pop a cel.

yeah man it was so upsetting all this time fooling around playing looking for wires tracing them then to go under the car and see that it pissed me off!

twastheglow
09-14-2009, 11:56 AM
yeah man it was so upsetting all this time fooling around playing looking for wires tracing them then to go under the car and see that it pissed me off!

Yes...BUT...at least it's fixed now.

jpalamar
09-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Are those the front or rears?

driftingrx5.7
09-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Yes...BUT...at least it's fixed now.
yea i guess so just wasted so much time with the car down i wish i would of just went under the car first!

Are those the front or rears?
i only have rears on mine so yes thats the rear

jpalamar
09-15-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm running catless and have my rear 02's turned off so I don't throw a CEL form my tune.

Gregory
09-15-2009, 10:18 AM
The 02 was probably sending an intermittent or just wrong signal, but as long as it is still sending a signal, it won't throw a code. It will just make your car run like poop from being too rich or lean. Normally when they go bad, they give back no signal whatsoever and that's when the computer knows that there is a problem.

driftingrx5.7
09-16-2009, 10:03 AM
yea thats what i was talking to a friend about and exactly what you said is what it was doing popping and jerking around but i never got any crazy readings my buddy had to like read it carefully to see it was the o2 sensor just so upsetting that i wasted so much time and missed the whole second half of summer because it :(