PDA

View Full Version : Stripping Chrome Wheels

downsmustang
08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Do you guys do stripping for chrome plated wheels?

boneheadperformance
08-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Do you guys do stripping for chrome plated wheels?

Yes we can but only if we do the powder coating also. There is an extra charge for stripping chrome plating off.

KustomZ03
09-01-2009, 04:42 PM
What's the charge for stripping the chrome plating off?

boneheadperformance
09-01-2009, 05:52 PM
What's the charge for stripping the chrome plating off?

If your asking about wheels it depends on the quality of the chrome job. It could range anywhere from $40-$60 per wheel.

KustomZ03
09-01-2009, 07:42 PM
As far as I can tell its a crap job...the wheels (in avatar) are only 6 months old and I'm already having problems with them pitting slightly. Its a weekend car ONLY, only seen rain once and the wheels are cleaned after EVERY time the car is out of the garage. I'm getting sick of babying them so I've been considering having them stripped and powdercoated so I dont have to deal with it anymore. This is my second set in the past year both being garbage...last time I had to PAY to have a new replacement set shipped from the factory.

boneheadperformance
09-02-2009, 08:33 AM
As far as I can tell its a crap job...the wheels (in avatar) are only 6 months old and I'm already having problems with them pitting slightly. Its a weekend car ONLY, only seen rain once and the wheels are cleaned after EVERY time the car is out of the garage. I'm getting sick of babying them so I've been considering having them stripped and powdercoated so I dont have to deal with it anymore. This is my second set in the past year both being garbage...last time I had to PAY to have a new replacement set shipped from the factory.

We should be able to help you out then. The last set (last week) we sent out they were around $50 per wheel to strip the chrome off. They were 18" BBS's If you would like to bring them in we can do them for you.

KustomZ03
09-02-2009, 08:44 AM
ok thanks. It wouldn't be until the wheels come off for the winter, so I'd say Novemberish. I'll be in touch.