PDA

View Full Version : dog lovers (mainly pitbull lovers) step in

importpower99
08-19-2009, 10:07 PM
I guess they are trying to outlaw the breeding of pitbulls in Wilkes Barre, PA. I came across this petition on CL. I am not a fan of pitbulls, but this is flat out wrong!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/370/petition-to-oppose-breed-ban-in-wilkes-barre-pa

frosti108
08-19-2009, 10:40 PM
i signed it

Willdue
08-19-2009, 10:51 PM
itll never happen.

FocusDude
08-19-2009, 10:51 PM
I think it wants to outlaw breeding of all breeds. Banning one breed would not hold up in court!

Willdue
08-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Outlaw breeding, or outlaw breeds?

Breeding, I can understand.

importpower99
08-19-2009, 10:59 PM
itll never happen.

Why not? Pitbulls are banned in colorado, and miami-dade. And a select few countries.

And I think they are trying to ban the breeding of just pitbulls, in that city. Since all the signers of the petitioners are rambling about pitbulls

Willdue
08-19-2009, 11:04 PM
well the banning, of breeding, should be banned. But there tryna ban the breed totally. Read the whole thing

importpower99
08-19-2009, 11:14 PM
well the banning, of breeding, should be banned. But there tryna ban the breed totally. Read the whole thing

I'm not gonna read the whole thing, it would serve no purpose. Having half the information is always better.

And I signed it, so hopefully it doesn't happen.

drifty240
08-19-2009, 11:42 PM
signed it... i have an Female American Bulldog and everytime i walk her someone calls her a pitbull.... Shows that people don't know dogs just fear...

DC2.2GSR
08-20-2009, 12:50 AM
i signed as well. two weeks ago i overheard two people in a walmart parking lot talking about how terrible pitbulls are and i made it a point to stop, listen for a second (very rudely lol) and let them know how f**king retarded they are. it won't change how they feel, but at least it made me feel better. lol.

pits are the nicest, most gentile lap dogs there are. no matter what anyone says, it's absolutely a 'nurture' problem, not 'nature' if a pit bull is mean. i am regularly around 5 pits that live with 3 different families and they all think they're the size of a chihuahua and they leap right up and sit with anyone right away. i will own a pitbull someday. i love 'em.

DPancoast
08-20-2009, 01:30 AM
signed it.

FocusDude
08-20-2009, 05:37 AM
People forget to remember a dog is a dog. No matter what the breed they all have rowdy instincts/tendencies. Just like men won't stop oggoling a chick in shorts shorts and a low cut top, even after wifey has smacked ya. You can all say they won't ever do anything wrong, but bring in that one external variable and who knows...

We had my bro-in-laws pit with us for a few years, she slept under the covers, walked herself, and was a dream to have around.

I wish they would ban allowing dogs to sit on a drivers lap while driving 70mph down the turnpike... what if that dog ****s on your lap?

BustedUjoint
08-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Agreed with just about everyone here. I own a Pitbull, the worse thing she will do to you is Lick you to Death. It's not the dog, it's how the dog is raised. And honestly, I have seen more our of control lap dogs then I have Pitbulls. Bleh, people are ****ing idiots.

Signed.

igo4bmx
08-20-2009, 09:08 AM
agreed with just about everyone here. I own a pitbull, the worse thing she will do to you is lick you to death. It's not the dog, it's how the dog is raised. And honestly, i have seen more our of control lap dogs then i have pitbulls. Bleh, people are ****ing idiots.

Signed.

truth!
the other day a husky mix decided to submut my dog then while she was submitting he bit her- we should ban all huskies too :rotfl:

R22B
08-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Had a pitbull/rott mix growing up. She’s around 15 years old now. Has hip problems but she gets around well.

She is by far the most loyal, lovable, and protective dog I’ve ever know and I’ve had the pleasure of being her owner.

Hell, if you scream, she will run over to protect you even though she can barely walk…

twastheglow
08-20-2009, 10:14 AM
I think they want to outlaw inbreeding.

BustedUjoint
08-20-2009, 06:51 PM
I think they want to outlaw inbreeding.

Hopefully not for us. That's the fun part about Christmas Morning.

sherwood
08-20-2009, 06:53 PM
signed.

ASIAN JUL
08-20-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm going to sign it but for those of you who think it won't happen, trust me, there's a good god damn chance any dog other than fluffy little ****s will end up getting banned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breed-specific_legislation

It's only a matter of time before Dobermans, Shepherds, Rottweilers, etc. get added on.

Willdue
08-20-2009, 08:19 PM
They reached there goal