PDA

View Full Version : Car Of The Month: Feb '08 - alwaysboostin

Vypurr
08-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Car Of The Month: Feb '08
alwaysinboost 06 Corvette Z06

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6930/alwaysinboost1.jpg (http://img36.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=alwaysinboost6.jpg)

TST: So to start off how did you hear about TST?
Marc: I don't even know how I*came across TST...

TST: What got you into cars in the first place and then what got you into really fast cars?
Marc: I've been into cars for as long as I can remember.*When I first*got my licenses I started messing around with car stereo stuff and it just evolved from sound into speed.

TST: What was the first car you ever owned?*
Marc: First car I ever owned was an 89 Mustang LX four banger!*It was my pride and joy, I got it*from the original owner when I was 19.*It was black with red interior, 5speed w/62k miles.*In the four or so years I owned it*added chrome*rims I got from pep boys, tinted windows and a bumping system.*

TST: So you said the mustang was your first car and your pride and joy is that your favorite car you have owned?
Marc: No, it was a fun car, but not the most fun.*I'd have to say the EVO is the most fun car I've ever owned.*Not only is it very capable in any form motor-sports but its also*an extremely fun DD.

TST: I read that you ran the 9 second pass on 93 octane and a six speed I know alot of people are gonna say why not go auto and c16?
Marc: Auto's never really did it for me, they aren't fun to drive at all.*Anyone can jump in,*smash the gas, and hold on but thats not nearly as*challenging*as bangin gears.*I'm sure the car could*be quicker if I put an auto in it, but I like the exclusivity of being one of the few to have run a 9 second pass in a 6 speed.*That was one the goals I set for this car, and as far as I know I'm the only one to have done it w/o breaking anything in the process. To answer the second part of your question;*on*93 octane*it makes over 730 wheel horse, do you*really think it*needs more power?

TST: So what has the car put down on the dyno and what has it run?
Marc: With the tires down, ran a nine second pass and drove it home.*A week later I Marc: Best time to date is 9.980 @ 140.25 w/a 1.41 60'.*That was on straight 93 pump gas and DOT street tires.*I drove it to the track, air'eddyno'ed @ RT Tuning and it put down around 730whp and 600wtq on 93 oct, exactly the way it went down the track.

TST: Bumping systems to 9's what made you switch?
Marc: "Systems to 9's", you make it sound like it was a easy as turning a page.*I guess my tastes just changed as I got older.*I was looking for more of an adrenaline rush and loud systems just didn't do it anymore

TST: I know we are supposed to be talking about the Vette but it looks like you have a lot of fun with the evo as well, what are the goals for that car is that gonna be the dedicated auto-x car?
Marc: I plan to do a lot of auto-xing and HPDE's this year.*Goals for the EVO*this year are for me to be able*out-drive the stock suspension and RE-01R street tires so I can upgrade.*I'm a minimalist when it comes to performance, I know its hard to believe having a 700hp car and all, but I*like to be able to use everything*the car has to its fullest*first, and then upgrade.*Once I get the car*to the point where I'm on R-comps and coils the stock turbo won't be enough power anymore, so I have a GT35R kit sitting in the garage just waiting.

TST: What's next mod wise?
Marc: Actually its getting DE-modded next!*Right now the car makes WAY too much power for what I plan on doing with it.*My plan is to just enjoy driving*the car around this year.*Then, once winter hits, I'm looking to pull the blower off in favor of an all motor setup that I can take on the road courses & auto-x's next year.*

TST: Do you ever see yourself selling the Vette at this point?
Marc: I almost sold it a couple of months ago.*I had a buyer lined up with a deposit and everything but some stuff happened and he couldn't swing the cash*for whatever reason so it never went down.*I think for the right price I would let it go but I'm not looking to sell and I think I'd have a hard time finding another vehicle to take its place.*This very well maybe a car I keep for a long time.

TST: Your car is pretty stock looking and I don't mean that in a bad way but have you just not gotten around to visual mods or are you not interested in them anymore?
Marc: Unless it has a function I don't see a need for it.*I might tint the windows but I think that's as far as the cosmetic stuff will go.

TST: Any shout outs you wanna give before we end?
Marc: Thanks to my fiancee for putting up with my obsessions all these years*and thanks to*all the people I race with for the*comradery and support.

TST: Marc thanks again for taking the time to speak with us today you are by far the fastest COTM we have had so far and i think i speak for everyone when i say i can't wait to see what you have planned for the car in the future.

Mod List SOON TO COME!

Click Here For More Pictures (http://img36.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=alwaysinboost6.jpg)

mike@area1320
11-06-2009, 07:22 PM
looks good

esteener
02-05-2010, 02:01 PM
beautiful

faisalmajeed
11-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Nice pics of car

Dr.Evo
01-11-2011, 03:33 AM
very clean vett