PDA

View Full Version : Srt-4 Bov

hummerman88
12-24-2005, 03:47 PM
my sis is running a stock setup on her 2004 srt-4, and she wants to get a BOV for it. I was doing the shopping around for he cuz she is clueless as to all the terminology that is used online. what kind/brand bov do you all suggest. I was thinking to keep it mopar, if that would be the best thing to do. Where would the best place be to get it installed>?

silver05bullet
12-24-2005, 04:25 PM
You can prolly buy it from the dealer and install it yourself its only a few minutes of work

SRT42EnVy
12-24-2005, 05:26 PM
The Mopar is simply for noise and IMO sounds like crap, it gets placed right over the stock surge valve, and serves no purpose, if u want just the sound then i guess get it, its a cheap way to get the "whoosh" sound. If u want a REAL BOV you'll have to buy a upper hardpipe( ATP, AGP, Exhaust Depot) with a flange for the BOV you want on it, such as HKS, Greddy, TurboXS, Tial, etc, or u can get an intake which makes the stock surge valve sound more distinctive and louder. Getting a real BOV isnt cheap considering the Hardpipe costs around 150$ and the BOV costs about 200$, the mopar u can get for 50$, and installing the Mopa isnt easy because the turbo is so hard to get to and theres a bolt thats extremely hard to reach either way you go the installation is not simple and i wouldnt recommend installing it yourself unless you know what your doing, now if u try installing a REAL BOV youll find you also have to purchase a Block Off Plate to seal the stock surge valve and then cap the pink line going to it. The Block Off Plates are about 20$. I suggest getting the Mopar and getting it installed at a Dealer or someone else with an SRT-4 to help out. Hope this info helps out.

IBLIS
12-24-2005, 06:33 PM
if it is for your sister, just get the Mopar Rice plate. To bad you didn't post this up sooner, I just sold one last week.

It's a simple knuckle scraping install, you can do it!!!! :rolleyes: