PDA

View Full Version : 04 Jetta engine swap

armyguy6566
07-23-2009, 08:26 PM
in a couple of months i am going to be wanting to do a full turbo engine and manual transmission swap. what engine is better? 1.8t, 2.0t or VR6? or is there any other engine that will fit? i don't know alot about cars except how to drive them.

sherwood
07-23-2009, 08:44 PM
how much power are u looking to make? u need to give a little more info if u want any real answers dude.

abrok99
07-23-2009, 08:50 PM
i would just sell your car and buy a faster one. if you dont know much about car's thats alot to get into, it just makes more sense i think.

armyguy6566
07-23-2009, 09:05 PM
it all depends where i get stationed. if i stay local i am buying a drag car. i just want a weekend fun toy and really like my car.

sherwood
07-23-2009, 09:27 PM
a drag car? like a nitro drag car? i dont get what your trying to do dude.

Username
07-24-2009, 01:58 AM
seems like one of those kids "i like how the tires turn around and around and around... the horn goes "BEEP"..... swapping in a 1.8t or vr6 into a 2.slow chassis isnt too smart. its hard, lots of wiring and tons of problems and $$$. Sell the 2.slow, buy a 1.8t or vr6 there cheap enough and plenty of them. save yourself a huge headache.

armyguy6566
07-24-2009, 08:19 AM
seems like one of those kids "i like how the tires turn around and around and around... the horn goes "BEEP"..... swapping in a 1.8t or vr6 into a 2.slow chassis isnt too smart. its hard, lots of wiring and tons of problems and $$$. Sell the 2.slow, buy a 1.8t or vr6 there cheap enough and plenty of them. save yourself a huge headache.

one of those kids? sorry, i couldn't fit in mechanic classes between getting blown up and shot at in Iraq.

armyguy6566
07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
a drag car? like a nitro drag car? i dont get what your trying to do dude.

not like a nitro car. just something that does better than 18 in the 1/4 mile.

sherwood
07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
no one forced u to do that so dont play the pity card. you know what u signed up for when u did it. now lear a little about your car before you come on here asking dumb questions and not expecting to be called out. why are u even on a tuner site with a 2.0 jetta?

armyguy6566
07-24-2009, 09:15 AM
your right, no one forced me. i came on here because some of the guys i met on here were nice and helpful. i didnt think the rest of the people were assholes. i posted this because swapping engine on my car was just an option. i thought people could give me some friendly advice and tips so i can learn more about it. i'm done checking this if i'm going to get asshole comments.

BlackBulletTSi
07-24-2009, 09:57 AM
This is the reason a lot of people have stopped coming here the guy just asked a question and yea you guys said do research ok he is probably doing more then just posting on here asking some questions. Oh and you gotta be kidding me that you asked why he only joined with a 2.0 jetta? This is supposed to be a car community but seems like unless you have some kind of knowledge everyones quick to jump down the person throat. Oh and Ben nice to meet ya and your right more then likely everyone you meet off the boards are more helpful and nicer. Don't let assholes like these guys keep you from learning and figuring out what you wanna do buddy. I'd like to know what you do with it

sherwood
07-24-2009, 10:04 AM
i asked him 2 times for more info and then he went straight to the ohh have pity for me im getting shot at in iraq. i hate that ****. Noone forced you to go. there wasnt a draft so dont go around looking for attention. This isnt a tuner site anymore. This is a "well my friends on here and i dont even have a car but ill join" site. ****ing stupid if you ask me. Dont ask dumb ass questions if u dont want an honest reply.

Elliott18t
07-24-2009, 10:25 AM
there are turbo kits for your 2.0 if you want to do that..

http://www.ctsturbo.com/products/KINETIC_MOTORSPORT_MKIV_2_0L_STAGE2_TURBO_KIT-92-45.html

ein
07-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Lets get this back on track. The best question to ask is whats your budget? That will give us a good idea how to proceed. Motor swaps are big $ I don't care what any forum says so lets see what you're working with. Please give an exact description of your car also(year, engine, trans, anything else you think is important).