PDA

View Full Version : WRC back on US TV!!!

R22B
07-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Television coverage of the FIA World Rally Championship will be available to millions of households in the USA later this year thanks to a new partnership between series promoters, ISC, and the Discovery Channel's HD Theater network.
WRC programming will be shown weekly on HD Theater starting in October. As well as coverage from every round of the championship, a range of other features and news bulletins will be shown.

Read more here…
(http://www.livesockets.com/article.php?id=2399&siteID=rallymadness)

olmytsi
07-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Don't have HD channels...****!

DocWalt
07-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I don' have cable, but HELL YES! Now it'll be easy to find streams online.

Nors
07-16-2009, 08:55 PM
I was about to post this. Awesome news!! Speed was stupid for discontinueing WRC coverage.

WKderF
07-16-2009, 09:32 PM
absolutely AWESOME. This is good news.

92dxman
07-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Supposedly it was a money issue for Speed when it came time for renewal a couple years ago. That is why they cut it..

angdefeo
07-24-2009, 09:49 AM
Great news, post some updates later in the year to remind us all.

Ender81
07-24-2009, 10:49 AM
This is cool, I watch HD Theater a lot already so this is just one more thing.

marshallpre1
07-24-2009, 11:28 AM
AWESOME.. Thanks for the news!

jpalamar
07-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I haven't seen that stuff on TV for awhile. Good to know.

DocWalt
07-25-2009, 12:33 AM
I hate that Mosley is all about making money, he doesn't give a damn about the sport, I watched an interview, he said something along the lines of "I hope it gets big, like Formula One, where everything is awesome." The teams HATE the rules in F1, the rules they're starting to impose on WRC are going to do as much damage here as they have to F1. They removed active diffs a while back, they're putting restrictions on everything (I understand the safety aspect, but why restrict tech advancements?) and they might force the teams to not use turbos? Seriously wtf is the FIA thinking? The worst thing that could happen to any motorsport is to be absorbed by the FIA...

/rant

012.5RS
07-25-2009, 03:14 AM
AWESOME!!! now i gotta get a hd box.

R22B
07-25-2009, 12:37 PM
I hate that Mosley is all about making money, he doesn't give a damn about the sport, I watched an interview, he said something along the lines of "I hope it gets big, like Formula One, where everything is awesome." The teams HATE the rules in F1, the rules they're starting to impose on WRC are going to do as much damage here as they have to F1. They removed active diffs a while back, they're putting restrictions on everything (I understand the safety aspect, but why restrict tech advancements?) and they might force the teams to not use turbos? Seriously wtf is the FIA thinking? The worst thing that could happen to any motorsport is to be absorbed by the FIA...

/rant

Super 2000 rules take affect soon... All naturally aspirated engines, no AWD and a few other "downgrades" from the current WRC rules. I understand they are trying to make it cheaper, but competition breeds innovation.

This is going to have a negative affect like when they banned Group B. The viewship dropped astronomically. Max Mosley's time is up. He ruined F1 and now he's ruining WRC.

DocWalt
07-29-2009, 09:04 PM
That's exactly my point. Max is leaving, but the damage is done.

den9
07-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Supposedly it was a money issue for Speed when it came time for renewal a couple years ago. That is why they cut it..

i heard it was because of nascar

nascar gets more viewers.

why would they take out turbos and especially awd?

R22B
07-29-2009, 09:40 PM
i heard it was because of nascar

nascar gets more viewers.

why would they take out turbos and especially awd?

To make it more affordable for manufacturers... or to relive the time prior to 1983.