PDA

View Full Version : Question for the tuners about AFRs (r/t, turbo tek, verocious)

ho1ywars
07-07-2009, 08:47 AM
I am running aem ems on my sr20det. i tuned it on the t25, and am tuning it again with the TS GT30. Question i have is when im driving normally, lets say coasting down a hill. then go to accelerate, for a split second the AFR jumps to like 15...16. then imediatly jump back down to where it should be. Same thing if im cruising down 95 @ lets say 15% throttle, and i go to punch it (WOT)... for a split second it jumps, then falls right back down to 11.8. Should i be worried, normal, what do i do to fix it?

RayArroyo
07-07-2009, 09:17 AM
what are you tuning with? As long as the car is not under a high boost condition i wouldn't worry too much. There are ways to fix it depending on what you are tuning with.I believe you have an aem ems correct? check Under Fuel and then Acceleration Fuel and then open the Accel Modifer table. Before you edit any of those values i would write down what you have in there 1st to make sure that you have them in case you need to revert back.

4DR_DB7
07-07-2009, 10:31 AM
every af meter i've ever seen does that too. think its normal, as long as its not spiking out to ridiculously lean levels

ho1ywars
07-07-2009, 11:28 AM
what are you tuning with? As long as the car is not under a high boost condition i wouldn't worry too much. There are ways to fix it depending on what you are tuning with.I believe you have an aem ems correct? check Under Fuel and then Acceleration Fuel and then open the Accel Modifer table. Before you edit any of those values i would write down what you have in there 1st to make sure that you have them in case you need to revert back.

yeah, aem ems. good lookin out. lemme play with this a bit and see if it makes a difference. like i said, it never does it under boost...so i guess i shouldnt be super worried.

Verocious
07-07-2009, 12:07 PM
If the table Ray suggested doesn't correct the issue totally. Try the dTPS Accel table, its also under the acceleration fuel tab. This will help with the Delta adjustment, which is normally right at the beginning of throttle tip in. I normally use the Accel Modifier table to help out down low when I tune a car with boost comp fueling.

Andy

RayArroyo
07-07-2009, 03:05 PM
If the table Ray suggested doesn't correct the issue totally. Try the dTPS Accel table, its also under the acceleration fuel tab. This will help with the Delta adjustment, which is normally right at the beginning of throttle tip in. I normally use the Accel Modifier table to help out down low when I tune a car with boost comp fueling.

Andy

Good Call Andy!!!

jn06subiesti
07-09-2009, 08:30 PM
I get a small spike as well. A quick spike a bit rich I think would be OK, it may prevent a momentary stumble on a fast pedal push. Just a thought. The tuners above are certainly the experts.