PDA

View Full Version : The Red Robin Drift Video

teh DIRT
01-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Here it is. The first official TST video. Excuse the bad camera skills, im still learning. :supz:

Right click and save as:
Drift! (http://www.bryantroll.com/other/wetlotdrifting.wmv)

Enjoy!
-Pete

the mike
01-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Holy Push at the end!!!!! It looks 10X worse outside the car.
Bring on the snow!!

JasterM5
01-07-2005, 11:14 AM
damn i wish you guys had a camera when we were doin that back in november.

jigga_x
01-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Sweet Vid! I had to save it and add it to my collection!

criz
01-07-2005, 05:38 PM
it was fun, but man... I speak for at least myself and Mike that those Blizzaks we have are tough to break loose once they're heated up...

almost want to toss my RE070s back on for a meet so I can really lay it down w/o snow

ha

anyway, bring on the snow baby!

the mike
01-07-2005, 05:49 PM
I think there's something about that lot. Jay had a hard time breaking the ADVANs loose, and they are about the same tire as the 070's.

criz
01-07-2005, 05:52 PM
stupid drift proof lot :thumbdow:

Vypurr
01-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Once again foiled by Physics!!!! :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

teh DIRT
01-08-2005, 02:02 AM

that lot yous were on was also on a slight hill. that could have played a part it the plowing of the front wheels....but i doubt it. chris had no trouble with it...and mike did fine on the lower lot....it was Jay who was really plowing. But he got one good spin in.

naSTI
01-08-2005, 02:05 AM
<<First post>>

Damn that was great!!! Mike, Criz that wuz sick!

I think (at least) a one week break would be a good idea. I'm up to show wherever. :eek:

Coinsidentally, the American Diner on Street Rd has a nice (understated) parking lot right across the street (Phila Race Park). Hehe. :D

Ahhhh... The vid WaterMark is sooo refreshing!

./hOmEr || dIe

teh DIRT
01-08-2005, 02:08 AM
sup homer! glad to see you joined

Vypurr
01-08-2005, 02:10 AM
What happened to the mud?

If the SRTs come out next week, I hope we get to see some actioN! :banana:

teh DIRT
01-08-2005, 02:12 AM
What happened to the mud?

If the SRTs come out next week, I hope we get to see some actioN! :banana:

haha i forgot all about that. Its actually a funny story.

So i get there and im talking to everyone or whatever. Then my mud addiction kicks in and i go over to the "mud lot". THEY PUT A HUGE DUMPSTER IN THE ENTRANCE! I guess they saw the thousands of tire tracks in there and caught on. o well. i did spin a little in another lot but a truck was there watching us so i stopped.

Blue32
01-08-2005, 02:14 AM
Hey guys saw your post in the Vortex and saw you guys were all local so i decided to join up and say HEY.. Love the STI and EVO great cars, hoepfully one day I can make it out to there to meet up with you guys..

Me and a buddy of mine shot this video of my R doing some donuts in the snow last week. kinda the same idea you guys had..

You need Divx to watch the video
http://www.divx.com/divx/download/

http://sites.vwsport.com/AWDGOLF/snow/Snownut1.avi

teh DIRT
01-08-2005, 02:17 AM
hey man. welcome to the site. I'm the one who posted that vid. Weve gotten a two R32's to come to the meet before, so you wont be alone. One of the guys actually had a prototype turbo kit from EIP Tuning installed. cool vids by the way

criz
01-08-2005, 03:03 AM
one of you guys with the SRT-4s have to give me a ride... my first manual car was a 99 neon R/T and it was a great car... would like to have a ride in one that has more balls! :devil:

you guys should come out next thursday!

Maron10
01-08-2005, 03:36 AM

that lot yous were on was also on a slight hill. that could have played a part it the plowing of the front wheels....but i doubt it. chris had no trouble with it...and mike did fine on the lower lot....it was Jay who was really plowing. But he got one good spin in.

I think my acd had a lot to do with it too. the damn rear just did not wanna budge.

Maron10
01-08-2005, 03:37 AM
one of you guys with the SRT-4s have to give me a ride... my first manual car was a 99 neon R/T and it was a great car... would like to have a ride in one that has more balls! :devil:

I may have a better weapon for this next meet. The infamous s2000 :)

the mike
01-08-2005, 10:36 AM
YAY more European rides. :thumbup:

Now we need cool Mustang/Camaro/Bimmer guys...

Vypurr
01-08-2005, 02:35 PM

I'll let you see what they can do pretty much stock!

sesolcSTI
01-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Pete you are quite the camera man! You should look into a prOn career!

the mike
01-09-2005, 08:45 PM
No one likes blurry, shaky pr0n.

teh DIRT
01-09-2005, 08:52 PM
No one likes blurry, shaky pr0n.

shakey pr0n comes from a cameraman becoming to "involved" in the film. :banana:

i will be practicing my camera skills frequently, they will improce over time. I am also learning Adobe Premiere so the films will be much better

Vypurr
01-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Any chance you can send me Premiere?

criz
01-11-2005, 04:14 PM
if I remember, i'll bring a copy of premeir with me to the american pub on thurs

the mike
02-19-2005, 10:45 PM
Snow tomorrow, lets make a few more vids!!

criz
02-20-2005, 02:05 AM
werd!

mysweetfracture
02-20-2005, 12:29 PM
why doesnt one of you rich mother ****ers get that new race seat with the built in camera. then no shaking will occur.

teh DIRT
02-20-2005, 01:57 PM
my in car camera mount rocks....but in car video isnt as good as out

SlowOlds
03-03-2005, 11:41 PM
Looks like a bunch of idiots driving around in a parking lot..... and you guys wonder why cops bust your balls... maybe if you didnt act retarded they would leave you along more...

teh DIRT
03-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Looks like a bunch of idiots driving around in a parking lot..... and you guys wonder why cops bust your balls... maybe if you didnt act retarded they would leave you along more...

if you havent got nothin nice to say....dont comment. this is a forum for car enthusiasts, not trolls who want to start trouble.

warned.

SlowOlds
03-04-2005, 12:30 AM
not starting trouble... stating the obvious... you were driving around in circles in a lot and doing donuts... THAT stuff attracts cops... and then people wonder why they get kicked out of hangout spots... its because of people doing donuts and burnouts and stupid stuff like that...

p.s. most cars can do that on a wet parking lot... so your not really proving anything...

teh DIRT
03-04-2005, 12:32 AM
we know why we got booted from the lot. its pretty obvious.

and we had fun...we werent trying to "prove" anything

SlowOlds
03-04-2005, 12:33 AM
well if you know stupid behavior leads to your hang out spot being ruined why do you people do it?

and like i said... driving in circles doesnt mean your cars fast...

teh DIRT
03-04-2005, 12:34 AM
dude let it go

SlowOlds
03-04-2005, 12:37 AM
[I will not talk smack on this wonderful forum]

SlowOlds
03-04-2005, 12:40 AM

SilverTurboRidin
03-04-2005, 12:42 AM
ill drift with a tahoe :)

the mike
03-04-2005, 01:04 AM

wrx_snobordr
03-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Why is this even an issue? This was so long ago, all of us who were there know what we were doing. I wasnt driving but i was in the car and encouraging the behavior. We all have our own pleasures, yours obviously is drag racing, others like to drive around in circles, and other like to drive down snow covered roads. This is a site dedicated to all forms of car fun not just drag racing. I would be willing to bet that had you been there would have enjoyed yourself just as much as we all did.

TROLL
03-04-2005, 04:46 AM
well, hello slowolds, i see you've met some of the other members. i dont really have much to add here but just figured i should poke my head in the door.
i am happy to see that there are a handful of new members on the site, and that the diversity is growing as well. i'm not sure were all the recent guys came from, but it seems like it is a more hostile community than we have here. everyone here so far is pretty chill, and mature, and respectful, and everyone gets along really well.
now if you have an opinion about something, by all means dont hold back... thats totally not my style. however, dont go around trying to start stuff. and for the record, yeah we knew we were pushing it by messing around in that lot, but i guess if you were there thats the only way you would understand that we all had grins on our faces. i'm not promoting illegal behavior at all and dont want the site to be associated with it, but honestly, who's a perfect angel and has never gone over the speed limit, or made a u-turn when there was a "no u-turn" sign staring them down, or changed lanes without using their turn signal? we all mess around to some degree, so lets just accept that...
you are not the only one getting all amped up in this situation, so dont think i'm singling you out here. i want everyone to just chill and live in peace and harmony. its kind of late right now so i'm going to leave it at that for right now, but hopefully i can come up with something tomorrow so that everyone can make nice and we can all be cool with each other.
bryan

criz
03-04-2005, 08:20 AM

nickmahhh
03-04-2005, 02:07 PM

TROLL
03-04-2005, 02:44 PM
this is a warning for everyone,
cut out the smacktalking... thats not what this forum is for.
bryan

SlowOlds
03-04-2005, 07:39 PM
well, hello slowolds, i see you've met some of the other members. i dont really have much to add here but just figured i should poke my head in the door.
i am happy to see that there are a handful of new members on the site, and that the diversity is growing as well. i'm not sure were all the recent guys came from, but it seems like it is a more hostile community than we have here. everyone here so far is pretty chill, and mature, and respectful, and everyone gets along really well.
now if you have an opinion about something, by all means dont hold back... thats totally not my style. however, dont go around trying to start stuff. and for the record, yeah we knew we were pushing it by messing around in that lot, but i guess if you were there thats the only way you would understand that we all had grins on our faces. i'm not promoting illegal behavior at all and dont want the site to be associated with it, but honestly, who's a perfect angel and has never gone over the speed limit, or made a u-turn when there was a "no u-turn" sign staring them down, or changed lanes without using their turn signal? we all mess around to some degree, so lets just accept that...
you are not the only one getting all amped up in this situation, so dont think i'm singling you out here. i want everyone to just chill and live in peace and harmony. its kind of late right now so i'm going to leave it at that for right now, but hopefully i can come up with something tomorrow so that everyone can make nice and we can all be cool with each other.
bryan

my original comment really centered on the fact that people doing this in parking lots is the reason that so many people get harrassed by the cops... i for one go out alot and do some hanging in parking lots with friends... talking about stuff... checking out cars... sometime setting up races... in general all fun stuff which does not attract alot of attention... then i look at people who come in (95% ricers) who come in blasting their radios... doing burnouts... flying aruond the parking lot and all other stupid behavior... and then wonder why we get kicked out of where we hang... its funny because usually we just move on to a new spot... hang there for a while without the riff raff... and get no problems... then once these kids find out where the real cars are hangin they swarm over... and it all goes down hill... THATS why doing stuff like this makes me so angry... sure ive done my share of things like burnouts... but always back in a discreet place.... DEFFINETELY not where we hang on a regular basis... thats all....

p.s. point me to the forums where i can talk smack....

TehWagon
03-04-2005, 08:02 PM
www.autorush.com

These guys basically said as much, quite rationally and succinctly, I might add, before their comments were edited. They know full well the weight of their actions.... You are Right!! Are you happy now? Can we end this discussion on that note?

But did I not just read you talking challenging people to street race on another thread on this very forum?

We like to keep things friendly here.

SlowOlds
03-04-2005, 08:08 PM
yea autorush is a joke.... but thats a whole other can of worms

as for racing... #1 i never said street... but it was implied but when done correctly (like go do 1-2 runs in a discreet area and go) doesnt attract cops as much...

believe it or not... so many times when we were hanging out at places cops would come in... park and actually come aruond looking at peoples cars... commenting on how cool they were... now these cops arent stupid... they know we race... but they dont bust our balls because we respect the place we hang and its surrounding neighbors... not like the idiots who eventually swarm in (i say swarm because they all sound like cans of angry bees) and trash up the place..

criz
03-05-2005, 12:05 AM
bryan

my original comment really centered on the fact that people doing this in parking lots is the reason that so many people get harrassed by the cops... i for one go out alot and do some hanging in parking lots with friends... talking about stuff... checking out cars... sometime setting up races... in general all fun stuff which does not attract alot of attention... then i look at people who come in (95% ricers) who come in blasting their radios... doing burnouts... flying aruond the parking lot and all other stupid behavior... and then wonder why we get kicked out of where we hang... its funny because usually we just move on to a new spot... hang there for a while without the riff raff... and get no problems... then once these kids find out where the real cars are hangin they swarm over... and it all goes down hill... THATS why doing stuff like this makes me so angry... sure ive done my share of things like burnouts... but always back in a discreet place.... DEFFINETELY not where we hang on a regular basis... thats all....

Dude, DROP IT! you're one of those people who have to get the last say in huh!?

We had fun, it was stupid, we're back at that normal spot so everything's cool... and you just joined the club... it's cool you joined and all of that, but give me a break! seriously...

Orbit
03-05-2005, 12:06 AM
who said that was the normal hang out spot.

bryan

naSTI
03-05-2005, 02:11 AM
w00t!!!!!

I've been away for about 24hrs and look at all the fun I missed on the board!

I think it boils down to people jumping all over an obviously misguided remark. :thumbdow:

W3RD to all those than know how to have good clean fun!!

Now let's move on to the business of planning Spring activities: Shows, Rallies, Auto-X and BBQ hang-outs!! :supz:

nickmahhh
03-05-2005, 02:26 AM
This forum is sad. Why are some people on still and others arent? Doesnt make sense to me but what have I got to say? I'm just a n00b too. What I dont like, are people coming in here and talking crap, more so to my peeps. If you talk smack, then back that up, you will be seeing me in the coming weeks at these meets. I'm not gonna sit around here reading crap against my family, and not take action on this. So, whoever is still talking, then meet a time and place, and I shall be there. This isnt High School anymore, and we arent talking cars like then, when you mess with my friends, you mess with me also. So, Troll, if you gotta edit this, then so be it, I would like to get my point across to these guys. If not, then I will take matter into my own hands, I will explain more when I finally meet you in person, which looks like this Thursday at Red Robin. Otherwise, if things progress, I will definately end my services to this site. I really wanted this to work out, but it appears there are too many probs with "authority" of the site and those who join. Nothing against those who are started this, but I feel like the wrong people joined for the wrong reasons. Half of what is going on is a mystery to me cause i am still trying to read all the things going on. But again, Troll or whoever is able to edit these, please edit it, then let me know in an email of what is going on and I will reply back to you.

mysweetfracture
03-05-2005, 02:33 AM
people are seriously fighting about this. im sorry but stop being a bunch of v-a-g-i-n-a-s! who cares what they did they had fun no one got hurt. your not there parents. if there was trouble that night so what they get in trouble not you. we can always find another place to hang out. there are alot of parking lots. me personally would have loved to drift in the snow. its fun you know and i know so stop being stupid. let people do what they want and let them deal with what happens

nickmahhh
03-05-2005, 02:37 AM
not gonna happen, i would prefer another way. have fun on the forum, and show action on he outside.

mysweetfracture
03-05-2005, 02:53 AM
im sorry man but your ridiculous for getting pissed for people typing on the internet.

nickmahhh
03-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Mysweetfracture, I'm trying to get the other guys pissed to see them race!
Come on, work with me here! :thumbup:

Aaron
03-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Racing angry only blows motors. :roll:

criz
03-05-2005, 03:58 PM

SlowOlds
03-06-2005, 05:38 PM
fun times... nick... was your post directed towards me? if so... i never said anything about peoples family or... any personal attacks... but anyway...

i never get an answer to where i CAN talk smack...

nickmahhh
03-06-2005, 05:47 PM
It was really directed to more than one person on the forum. I'm not too concerned with it due to the lack of effort on my part. People seemed to get pissed off if you type anything on this forum, even if its not directed to you personally. So therefore, it is now, peanut butter, jelly time. :banana:

stichris
03-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Am I correct in interpreting this thread as:

Random fun driving in an empty parking lot
People talking **** about 'stupid' driving in an empty parking lot
Someone threatening actual people at the Thursday meets?

Please, correct me if I am wrong. I know someone attempted to qualify the post as something else, but it didn't really settle well with me. Again, I hope I am wrong. I highly, highly, highly recommend not trying to bring trouble to any TST meets.

Regards,

Chris

nickmahhh
03-06-2005, 06:14 PM
I was joking. There is nothing that is gonna happen at your meets. I'm not even gonna go to them anyway. Geez, you cant even try to have fun. I apologize for any misunderstanding, so just relax, and start up a new conversation that doesnt get people pissed off. :mrgreen:

stichris
03-06-2005, 06:17 PM
That's fine. Everything was maaaad chill until the new wave of people showed up. Beofre that, the worst thing that happened was me threatening to race SRT-4's 6-wide!

No one has any problem with new people showing up at the meets.

Chris

nickmahhh
03-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Concur on that, and I do apologize if I started anything. I pretty much had a bad reputation as soon as I came in here, and stupidly, responded the wrong way to the newcomers who talk smack. Therefore I will just bite my lip and read the posts that I like. I will try to make it to at least one Thursday meet to check it out but its a hike for me, so I like to attend the south jersey meets.

stichris
03-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Cool. What do you drive?

SlowOlds
03-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Am I correct in interpreting this thread as:

Random fun driving in an empty parking lot
People talking *no cursing!* about 'stupid' driving in an empty parking lot
Someone threatening actual people at the Thursday meets?

Please, correct me if I am wrong. I know someone attempted to qualify the post as something else, but it didn't really settle well with me. Again, I hope I am wrong. I highly, highly, highly recommend not trying to bring trouble to any TST meets.

Regards,

Chris

looks about right... i didnt see anyone threaten people... but maybe i missed that... as for coming to the thursday meet... maybe i will sometime soon.. i usually only like to bring the car somewhere that i might actually catch a race...

nickmahhh
03-06-2005, 06:36 PM
heh, I just show up to see everyone else's cars. I just have a 02 VW Jetta. No turbo, no nothing. Automatic and spinner hubcaps. I effin rock! heh. If I had any money, I would change that but I used up all the money for a truck that I had before and I sold it so now I am stuck saving money for an apartment and just a normal car that doesnt get to the speed I want in 6 seconds. Dont get me wrong, I drive fast, it just takes me awhile to get there. :thumbup:

criz
03-06-2005, 08:33 PM
I pity the fool who be bringing trouble to our meets :devil:

SlowOlds
03-06-2005, 09:24 PM
I pity the fool who be bringing trouble to our meets :devil:

fight trouble? or racing trouble?

TehWagon
03-07-2005, 08:23 AM
fun times... nick... was your post directed towards me? if so... i never said anything about peoples family or... any personal attacks... but anyway...

i never get an answer to where i CAN talk smack...

http://rs289.securehostserver.com/~tristate/viewtopic.php?t=575