PDA

View Full Version : trunk swap

fastjim
12-17-2005, 12:26 AM
this goes out to 04-05 well i guess 02-05 wrx/sti owners... im swaping my trunk and wing with and sti trunk and wing and need to do a few things while i do this. one is change out the key lock so my key works my "new trunk" and his key works his.. then we gotta switch torsion bars cuz i think his are stronger due to the sti wing compared to the wrx wing.( is this really nessasary)... and last is there any post that describes how to do this that im missing or cant find or has anyone done this already that can tell me how to do it without taking all day.. thanks to any that can help...

WrxJC
12-17-2005, 02:00 AM
You should switch torsion bars. This is not as hard as you think, a little dangerous, but not hard. All you really have to do is pull real hard on one of the bars and it'll pop out and cause the other to be easily removed, but WATCH YOUR HEAD!! The trunk will fall on you if you still have it on the car when your doing this. (1 thing i learnt through experience). The keyhole and all that good stuff is also easily detached. There is a cable which you need to remove and if you pull the "safety lever" it gives you enough slack to undo the end. GOOD LUCK. Sorry so short. Its harder to explain when its not sitting in front of me.

fastjim
12-17-2005, 12:36 PM
thanks for being the only one to post i found a detailed discription on nosiac last nite and it said about 20-30 minutes for everything but i did it this morning and it maybe took me 15 tops so thanks for posting....

WrxJC
12-17-2005, 03:36 PM
well, you are welcome :thumbup: