PDA

View Full Version : Need a PA Emissions Practice test...

Buster
06-16-2009, 11:25 AM
So I took my Safety test and passed, I just got the card yesterday, I took the Emissions test a week later and only passed the written test. I have to go back the end of the week for a retest on the CBT section and I have been reading over the book and cannot figure out for the life of me why I didnt pass.

Does anyoone know where I can get a practice test or an online test?

TR MS3
06-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Not sure, when I took mine it was easy. My guess is your worrying to much.

Oh I forgot to add Good luck you got this!

Buster
06-16-2009, 01:59 PM
I passed the written exam no problem, the CBT test I dont know what I did wrong. I guess I'll just keep studying the book.

TR MS3
06-16-2009, 02:02 PM
It's been at least 7 years since I took my so I'm no help anymore. Plus I no longer work in the field, let just say it was a good way to kill a hobby. Good luck you'll be fine.

Honduh
06-16-2009, 04:46 PM
The first time I took my emissions test I passed the written and failed the CBT like you did. Afterwards I got a job in a job and started doing emission tests with another techs license and when I went to go take the test again it was so simple.

EACH IT
06-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Yrs ago my father and I took a class at middle bucks co. tech, I think it was off of 611 or easton rd....maybe they are the same rd. but the name is still the same....maybe...lol
Not real sure, it's been a long time.

Buster
06-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I dunno if I was clear.

I'm looking for a practice CBT or something similar. I already took the class, and passed the written exam. I'm just worried about the CBT.

Honduh
06-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Well then no, no there is not. The state is very uptight about this kind of stuff. The best you can do is maybe watch a video on youtube on how to run a emissions test.

I'm assuming the shop you work at does emissions tests, so why don't you watch someone run a few.

Buster
06-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Thats the thing, Ive been doing them also. For a while now actually. There was only a couple of questions that read like there was more than one right answer otherwise I had no trouble making a selection.

Honduh
06-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Hmm well I dunno. I honestly had no problem doing the test after working in the shop for awhile.

Maybe you can tell me the questions you struggled with and I can help you out? Did you have any trouble knowing which color gas cap tester to use?

Buster
06-16-2009, 05:27 PM
haha no, I laughed that those questions. Same with the whats wrong with this picture pictures where there was like an air pump missing or a car on its spare. I knew the RPMs for 1 and 2 speed idle and the same with the ASM test. The only question I really got thrown on was the car in the middle of the ASM test dropping oil pressure.

teh DIRT
06-16-2009, 05:39 PM
if engine cant survive test, car cant pass. fail. the oil pressure one.

Buster
06-16-2009, 05:46 PM
the question was do you finish the test, stop the test, or two other choices. I said stop the test the first time and then on my second chance I changed it to finish the test. Either way lol I failed it.

Honduh
06-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Hmm can't say I remember that one. Maybe you answered something else wrong. Did you place the stoppers in the correct spot on the dyno?

Buster
06-16-2009, 08:42 PM
yup. Im just gonna give it a shot again lol.

97eclipse
06-16-2009, 10:12 PM
u didnt pass? damn that sucks. look over the notes the teach told us to write down. he only told us to write the important things down and study that. they were all the questions.

Buster
06-18-2009, 09:59 PM
So I took the test today, and was sure of every single answer I made and still needed all three chances. I'm pretty sure I failed again :(

BTW, half the class was there for a retest, so you did good.

teh DIRT
06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
hmm, i wish i had my old books keith..id let you have them. I passed easily after studying those for a short while.

Buster
06-18-2009, 10:07 PM
I have my book and another techs re-cert book and still think I failed now. I know it was probably the same dumbass question I kept answering wrong.

Buster
07-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Just an update, I got my emissions card in the mail this morning, Looks like I done did it lol. thanks for the help though guys.