PDA

View Full Version : Vw Service seriously

CANNIBALOFDOOM
06-05-2009, 03:23 PM
My GF drives an 06 rabbit and her malfunction indicator light came on which is CEL. We go to gilboy vw just so maybe they can hook it up to see if was anything major so atleast we had an idea and if it was small to clear it. Well the service guy was a really cocky to me and my gf and he kept asking what she drove.. For some reason it was hard for him to remember she drives an 06 rabbit. It says there is only an hour left and not much they cna check i say "ok i understand but cna you guys just hook it up so i have a better idea what it is" he tells me o it doesn;t work that way its only a starting putting we HAVE TO take the engine apart to figure out what it is.

I tell the guy well can we just figure which code it is so we can see if its anything major so we cna plan for it and make sure its all under warrenty. The guy refused to hook it up and in the middle of talking just picks up a call and starts talking. As i was in mid sentence.. i mean seriously..

I feel they just wanna milk us or vwoa for during work cause they are slow..
I mean am i out of line to think they could check out to see which code is being thrown and it should be under warrenty which the dude was really cock about too..
sorry this is half a ranting thread cause it really pisses me off and i have taken it to vw, subaru, chevy, other dealers that were more then happy to check the codes just to make sure it wasn;t anything seriously..

Elliott18t
06-05-2009, 03:26 PM
wtf. go to a different dealer

they do not need to take apart the engine, that guy needs to take the connecting rod out of his ass.

captainhook
06-05-2009, 03:36 PM
they do not need to take apart the engine, that guy needs to take the connecting rod out his ass.

Lol, well put sir.

TR MS3
06-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Good Ol' stealerships.

Vr-4-Life
06-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Don't blame it on VW..... My girlfriend has a rabbit as well, and every time she gets great service. They fix everything same day, and always wash and dry and vacuum the car before giving it back. Hell they even gave her a new 250 dollar key for free just because hers was missing the VW logo.

You also have to understand that service centers have procedures to follow. they need you to do paper work to just bring the car in, and usually you need an appointment. This isn't a pep boys where they let you borrow the code reader to pull ECU codes. For liability reasons they wont usually even touch it without all the red tape.

Also try to slow down on your rant and pay closer detail to your text. I understand your pissed off, but you type like an idiot.

Elliott18t
06-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Don't blame it on VW..... My girlfriend has a rabbit as well, and every time she gets great service. They fix everything same day, and always wash and dry and vacuum the car before giving it back. Hell they even gave her a new 250 dollar key for free just because hers was missing the VW logo.

You also have to understand that service centers have procedures to follow. they need you to do paper work to just bring the car in, and usually you need an appointment. This isn't a pep boys where they let you borrow the code reader to pull ECU codes. For liability reasons they wont usually even touch it without all the red tape.

Also try to slow down on your rant and pay closer detail to your text. I understand your pissed off, but you type like an idiot.

you can use those, but you will have to look up the code at ross-tech because it will most likely tell you the wrong thing initially... at least for mk4s.
they also wont tell you everything. I used to have one all the time for the secondary o2 sensor until i replaced it. kept checking if anything else would pop up.

CANNIBALOFDOOM
06-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I normally type like **** but i go back to check it and fix it but i didn;t feel like re reading it and getting pissed off even more ahahh
I understand the red tape and The guy was like we have an hr left i was like ok plenty of time to fill the paper work and have you atleast start but he wasn;t having any of that... and thats when the call pretty much came and i was like seriously.. and just left..
I do hate gilboy always had a terrible experience there. I was too pissed to check out faulkner which is where i always brought my vw to.

Vr-4-Life
06-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I understand. My girlfriend heard bad things about a VW dealership that is 20 minutes from her. Instead she drives an hour to go to the one that she likes. The level of service really depends on how much the people care about the customers.

R22B
06-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Just for future reference – any AutoZone or Advanced Auto will pull the codes for you and give you a print out.

CANNIBALOFDOOM
06-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeahs i know that but i figured with possible warrenty stuff to avoid any problems take it to the dealer. She is gonna take it to young vw which is where she had work done before. Just really erks be how ****ty we were treated. To give you an idea last time i was at this dealership i spit on the window and told em to **** off. Stick wondering why i went there and not faulkner anyways finally chilled and happy with my subaru haha

bolksey85
06-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Don't go to Faulkner. Go to Young. Faulkner is an even bigger joke than Gilboy. Believe me, I worked there.:wink:They don't keep sh!t in stock so you'll be waiting for them to go get it then install it. And God forbid you have to pay for anything because their pricing is through the roof. VW's list price would be $30 on something and they try to sell it for $75.:eek:

gtsiawd96
06-06-2009, 07:29 AM
To give you an idea last time i was at this dealership i spit on the window and told em to **** off.

No wonder they don't want anything to do with you. I would be a complete ****ing jerkoff to you if you came to my dealership and spit on the window like an infant!

CANNIBALOFDOOM
06-07-2009, 09:17 AM
No wonder they don't want anything to do with you. I would be a complete ****ing jerkoff to you if you came to my dealership and spit on the window like an infant! well it was awhile ago so they wouldn;t know that at all and i did it instead of punching the manager out.. so if staying out of jail is an infant thing then guess i;m an infant.

dsmtuner
06-07-2009, 10:10 AM
well it was awhile ago so they wouldn;t know that at all and i did it instead of punching the manager out.. so if staying out of jail is an infant thing then guess i;m an infant.

Well, at our dealership we have notes about customers in the computer that stays there forever, so even if it was 10 years ago and he has never met you before in his life, if he put your info in his puter then he probably knows about the incident.

And I'm not going to make excuses for the guy, but the reason why he was concerned about time and saying scanning it is just one step is probably because of the effed up way VW makes us scan your car. If you car is under warranty then we HAVE to use a program called Guided Fault Finding. What it does is scans your entire car, every single control module(which can be 20+), and tells you every fault stored in all them. It usually takes about 10 min just for the scan to run. And then when you disconnect it you have to send the diag log over the internet, which takes time. All in all scanning your car can take up to 20 minutes with no actual work even being done.

However, this is how we get around that. When this situation arises at our dealership the service writer will usually just grab a scanner and run out to your car to check it using a program that only checks the ECM(which saves a ton of time), then set you up an appointment later. If there is no paper work saying you were ever there then we don't have to go through all the GFF BS. But as soon as there is a work order wrote up, there are certain rules we have to follow.

John@20squared
06-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Bring it by our shop. We'll get it all squared away for you without the dealership haggling.

Willdue
06-14-2009, 03:31 AM
i can scan it with vag com. PM me