PDA

View Full Version : Bosch wipers for the win

Silver04STi
12-05-2005, 11:13 PM
The wipers that come on the Legacy from the factory absolutely suck. At the meet the other night phitauford mentioned that he swap his out for some Bosch's. My girl calls me tonight and tells me that the truck needs new wipers so while I'm out I picked up some Bosch wipers tonight for both my F250 and the Legacy. I sprung for the more expensive ones for the Legacy. What a difference, they work great. Even the cheap ones I got for the truck are very good. Anybody needing new wipers I recommend the Bosch's.

07BlackSS
12-05-2005, 11:39 PM
I am not joking in any way but thanks man. Now when I need to change my wipers I know who to go with. :thumbup:

2point4DSM
12-05-2005, 11:57 PM
I've been using them for a long time. I agree they are awesome. Just make sure to clean them down with some rubbing alcohol every once in a while. That will help pull oil out of the rubber and help with keeping your window streak-free.

And I like the rain-x washer fluid.

With this combo you will never have to worry about driving in the rain again... unless of course your tires suck in the rain, lol.

MuddyREX
12-06-2005, 10:47 AM
And I like the rain-x washer fluid.

:iagree:

j.reed
12-06-2005, 11:08 AM
I ditched my Legacy's wipers on day 1, I don't even think the saw rain while in my possession. I use PIAA wipers, they work great, but the ones with the spoiler like factory don't match the finish on the ones that don't have the spoiler.

edit: its nice to see you on LGT.com and on the 1320 list there too.

wgb113
12-06-2005, 01:57 PM
+1 for the Rain-X washer fluid, the De-Icer version this time of year. It keeps up the Rain-X layer all winter until I get a chance to put a new layer on in the spring.

I used the Bosch MicroEdge Excel on my '04 for about a year (two sets). I had trouble getting them to be streak free for 6 months even with clean wiper elements and a clean windshield.

I switched to Trico's Innovision last spring. This will be the first winter with them so we'll see how it goes.

Bill

Silver04STi
12-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I ditched my Legacy's wipers on day 1, I don't even think the saw rain while in my possession. I use PIAA wipers, they work great, but the ones with the spoiler like factory don't match the finish on the ones that don't have the spoiler.

edit: its nice to see you on LGT.com and on the 1320 list there too.

I was going to search about the wiper spoiler on LGT.com to see what those guys say about it, never got around to it. Right now I not using the spoiler either.

TurboTagTeam
12-06-2005, 07:01 PM
I'll give you a hint. Luxury cars come with nice wipers. And there are lots of luxury cars parked at luxury car dealerships. And at night noone can see you when you walk through a big luxury car dealership......hehehe

I havent paid for wipers in a long time.

2point4DSM
12-06-2005, 10:04 PM
I'll give you a hint. Luxury cars come with nice wipers. And there are lots of luxury cars parked at luxury car dealerships. And at night noone can see you when you walk through a big luxury car dealership......hehehe

I havent paid for wipers in a long time.

I remember watching a news special about communist countries (back when they were hardcore communist) where people would steal wipers from other cars. I never thought stuff like that would happen here, lol.

96s14
12-06-2005, 10:34 PM
lol stealing them. i wish i had a winshield washer resv.

eastsidesuby19
12-06-2005, 10:40 PM
I use the Rain-x coated wipers....there awesome, never any sign of streaks and they have a good life span.

BradC
12-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Get some Valeo Ultimate Wipers...work f'in great!
http://www.tirerack.com/images/accessories/product_images/valeo_ultimate_blades.jpg
30 bucks each at the Tire Rack or 15 each at WalMart (good luck finding a Walmart with them though!!! The walmart in Trexlertown and Collegeville have em though)

99SL2_Modder
12-06-2005, 10:52 PM
I was actually looking for new wipers.

My stock ones last about 2 rains, and then streak. Also, they hop above 60mph.

Think the Boschs would work for me?

Also, is there a way to make your windshield really clean on the outside while washing? I've tried a TON of stuff, but it's usually still pretty marked from wipers. It's annoying.

2point4DSM
12-07-2005, 12:32 AM
One of the reasons wipers leave streaks is cause of the oily stuff that gets thrown on your windshield from following another car. This oily stuff is common on roads cause we all know there are plenty of cars that leak this stuff on a regular basis, lol.

I'm sure there is probably more oily covered roads in Philly than in Newtown so the frequency of having to clean the rubber is heavily dependent on roads traveled and driving conditions.

Use a cotton or paper towel soaked with alcohol to clean the rubber every so often to pull the oil off the rubber on the wipers and this should help out a lot in terms of rejuvenating them. Really, wipers should last till the rubbers start to rip.

j.reed
12-07-2005, 03:03 AM
I was going to search about the wiper spoiler on LGT.com to see what those guys say about it, never got around to it. Right now I not using the spoiler either.

The imprezas as we all know have the wing attached to the arm and not the blade. The wing holds it down at speed, and I can notice it. The blade works more effectivly when you're traveling 50,60 etc and the wind is pushing it down.

1988 Olds
12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
One of the reasons wipers leave streaks is cause of the oily stuff that gets thrown on your windshield from following another car. This oily stuff is common on roads cause we all know there are plenty of cars that leak this stuff on a regular basis, lol.

Hmm this has nothing to due with my old engine lol. A quart of oil a week.

2point4DSM
12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Hmm this has nothing to due with my old engine lol. A quart of oil a week.

I was actually thinking of my car in this example, lol. But both our cars are definitely not special. Still most people overlook this fact and wonder why their wipers leave streaks after only a week or a couple months.

Of course today as I was pulling icy wipers off the windshield on one of the cars that didn't get cleaned yesterday it left behind some rubber, lol. That is why sometimes I try to leave the wipers in the air when it snows and the car isn't going anywhere soon.