PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my civic

99civicexsi
04-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Ok so my first question is would i be able to put a wideband o2 sensor in my first o2 sensor spot? the only reason im asking is mine went out and they want 200 dollars for a oem replacement one and i could get a aem wideband for a little bit more than that. Im not a hundred percent sure on why this one went up it was a used one but im thinking i got a exhaust leak by my header. Also when your first o2 sensor goes out should you have a rough idle? Mine will after it sits for a lil or if im backing up drops to 400 and wants to almost stall out as im backing up.

h22aLude317
04-22-2009, 09:41 AM
What you should do is either get the wide band get the installed or get the oem narrowband off ebay and put it in yourself, saves you cash.
yes your gonna have a weird idle if that is bad.
and your gonna run rich as hell which sucks a lot.

DC2.2GSR
04-22-2009, 09:56 AM
you can't replace your OEM one with a wideband. the wideband won't output the signal the way your ECU can understand it. your OEM o2 sensor is what makes the car run, a wideband just outputs an accurate number for reference for tuning the car. Read the info HERE (http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188457). it explains everything about wideband o2 sensors

when using a wideband o2, most people just weld a bung into their exhaust downstream of the OEM one... then the OEM gets hooked up normally, and the o2 gets wired by itself.

i would suggest buying an aftermarket replacement o2 sensor instead of buying the $200 direct fit OEM one. i bought a $60 Bosch universal 4 wire heated o2 sensor for my car and just wired it in. you and your car will notice no difference.

MTuning
04-22-2009, 09:58 AM
no you cannot use a WB02 as a straight replacement for the narrowband. even wiring up a wb02 your ecu cannot translate this into anything of value. you can either use the narrowband or not, those are your options. the 'not' consist of an EMS solution to disable closed loop. obd2 = Hondata = $$$ or obd2 = obd1 convert = chipped ecu. your best bet is to go to the junkyard and there will be plenty o2 available.

99civicexsi
04-22-2009, 09:14 PM
how hard is it to wire up a aftermarket replacement like bosch?

BigWhiteTodd
04-23-2009, 01:15 AM
the bosch ones are color match so it not hard at all just cut to lenght and connect all your wires.

K20EF9
04-23-2009, 12:07 PM
you can't replace your OEM one with a wideband. the wideband won't output the signal the way your ECU can understand it. your OEM o2 sensor is what makes the car run, a wideband just outputs an accurate number for reference for tuning the car. Read the info HERE (http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=188457). it explains everything about wideband o2 sensors

when using a wideband o2, most people just weld a bung into their exhaust downstream of the OEM one... then the OEM gets hooked up normally, and the o2 gets wired by itself.

i would suggest buying an aftermarket replacement o2 sensor instead of buying the $200 direct fit OEM one. i bought a $60 Bosch universal 4 wire heated o2 sensor for my car and just wired it in. you and your car will notice no difference.

x2....

zex97
04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
The bosch ones even come with a little kit to make it look purty.