PDA

View Full Version : 05 wrx with aem tru boost help needed

malloyboy1
04-15-2009, 07:52 PM
finally got my tru booost and uego put in the wrx, everything seems to be working right but i dont know what settings to run with the tru boost. i called precision tuning a few times and left 2 messages but got no replies.

anyway i was tuned via a cobb ap and supposed to be running 16.5 lbs boost so i set the tru boost to 17 becasue it doesnt do 1/2's but the highest ive seen the boost go up to is 14 or 15 lbs and its not hitting that until redline. basically i dont have the cash to go get tuned right now and im trying to find settings that i can drive with for now.

SHORT VERSION:

have aem tru boost and dont know what settings to use please help

talontyme
04-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Is it installed right,do you have any boost or vacuum leaks?

ScoobyNubieToo!
04-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Have you compared it to the live boost reading from the AP to see if they match?

Buster
04-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Sounds like you may be leaking. I told you to ditch it and pick up a hallman....

DocWalt
04-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Sounds like you have a leak.

These links have some set up tips:
http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/152628-aem-tru-boost-controller-question.html
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1289200

RayArroyo
04-22-2009, 10:42 PM
bring up the crack pressure and spr pressure about 5 % higher than where you are at

WKderF
04-22-2009, 11:31 PM
before you go looking for leaks, I would definitely learn about all the points of adjustment on the truboost. its more than likely something like the duty cycle not being set properly.

the AEM has multiple points of adjustment. I would learn about each one, and then check to make sure they are set properly.

teh DIRT
04-22-2009, 11:39 PM
yeah plus a leak in a wastegate line or a boost controller line will cause positive pressure to escape to the atmosphere, causing overboost not underboost

malloyboy1
04-23-2009, 07:32 AM
pretty sure i got it all worked out still not driving the car much and just found that my new rad is cracked too so im happy about that

thanks for the help guys

06WRBScoob
05-04-2009, 05:21 AM
I have truboost and love it, just wanted to give you some tips since i had alot of trouble with it when i first got it too, and im not sure what your rad has to do with boost control. When Properly set its a great product. I will walk you through the steps.

-Set the display units to psi
- Dont worry about scramble boost or time
- Internal sensor
-Alarm i would set around 18 or so for you, mine is 24
-Spring Pressure- this is the trickey part, start low. Start at 5 and work your way up untill you overboost, then back it down 1%. For reference mine is at 7.90
-Boost scale is for the led's set yours to 18 or so
- Boost setting A, this will fine tune your boost level AFTER you have the spring Pressure taken care of. For Reference mine is 49.
- Boost Setting B, i use this for a less aggressive bost map. Mine is 38, brings me to about 17.5 psi

You have to play around with it alot, when i broght my car to precision to get tuned the first time they couldent get the car to run right, it would "buck" violently and they couldent get it over 15psi. After spending 30 mins with an aem tech i got it down. Went back and tought cleo how to use it and now the car runs great! They wanted me to get rid of the unit as well. Any questions feel free to ask.