PDA

View Full Version : 93 240sx Hatch: Ran rough, now no start

tr4c3
04-14-2009, 09:44 AM
I did a tune up a while ago, cap, rotor, plugs, wires. Car was running fine. Not too long ago, it started a problem. It would run rough, kind of like it was down a cylinder. It would have no power, idle ****ty or stall. Thought it might have been the maf or something. Car would clear out after a few minutes and it'd be normal again. Yesterday morning the car was fine. I left work and the car was running horribly. No power at all, falling on it's face to get up to 3500 rpms. I went to pull the plugs, and the wires broke apart, so I bought new ones. Okay, all set. Checked cap and rotor. Fine. Car is still running rough as hell. It was struggling to get to 3000 rpms, but it idled fine. It would cut out when on the gas. Woke up this morning to goto work. Now the car won't even start. Just cranks and cranks. Am I looking at a fuel problem I'd imagine? Like fuel filter or something? I have to pull the plugs today and see but it doesn't seem like a spark problem. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rockstar
04-15-2009, 02:41 PM
possibly fuel pump.. yank off line off fuel filter. Have a rag or two to catch any exisiting gas..from spilling all over. Have a buddy lightly crank car over, if a nice stream comes out pump should still be good if it trickles out pump it bad. Get a new pump or walbro 255. if you plan on boosting down the line.

Fuel pump eventually craps out on s13s as well as fuel injectors. A bad fuel injector would run rough, less power and sound like a subaru.

DsmRob
04-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Spray a can of 2+2 into the intake and try starting it. If it starts then you have an issue w/ the fuel system.

In the past my gf had an altima w/ the 2.4 (idk if its similar to the 240) but her dist took a crap and wouldn't start.

P_856
04-15-2009, 04:56 PM
sounds like its the fuel pump

tr4c3
04-16-2009, 08:12 AM
We're guessing fuel. I have a spare stock pump and a walbro so one of them will go in. Just have to get the time to do it.