PDA

View Full Version : 94 Turbo Miata question ?

NJ TURBOED
04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I have a 94 1.6 Miata i'm looking in to turboing, and was wondering if anyone knows if they make a top mount manifold to fit a t-25 for it, if so what brand ?

disturbedfan121
04-10-2009, 01:06 AM
no one on here is going to know.

for anyone reading. the 94 is just a shell, the motor is from our 92 parts car.

BradC
04-10-2009, 08:40 AM
no one on here is going to know.

for anyone reading. the 94 is just a shell, the motor is from our 92 parts car.

I was just going to ask how a 94 had a 1.6 in it, lol.

BEGi and FM manis are not top mount.

My HKS 1.8 mani is a top mount T25/T28. I know they also made one for the 1.6, but do not know any details about it. N/M, google shows the 1.6 mani to be a side mount as well.

JGS Precision sells a manifold kit if you can weld - http://jgsturbo.com/index2.html

Touchdown maybe, it's kinda top mount, kinda side mount? - http://www.etdracing.com/miata3.html

http://www.etdracing.com/products/manifolds/miata.jpg

ETD Racing Miata 1.6L & 1.8L Tubular Turbo Manifold
-Thick Gauge 1010 Heat Treated Mild Steel
-Fully machined 1/2" flanges
-Fully TIG welded
-Standard high temp spray coating
-T3 Turbo flange (for T3 or T3/T4 turbos)
-35/38mm External Waste gate flange (call for others)
-Available without a waste gate spot or from the bottom of the collector

T25 Flange? No problem. When you are checking out before you hit the Pay Now button, click the Phone Number & Additional Info button and specify "T25 FLANGE" to get a T25 Flange for your Disco Potato or Garrett T25 turbo.

One of our most popular manifolds for the Miata, the tubular manifold fits just about everybody. Short runner design to deliver the exhaust to the turbocharger as quickly as possible for fastest spool. Waste gate placement from the collector hidden below the turbo so people who know what their looking for can see it, those who don't have no idea. Makes it very easy to weld your dump tube back into the exhaust or just dump it out in a stealthy way. Provides LOTS of clearance for a big down pipe, something the Miata is not used to.
Waste gate Flange? Remember if you need a waste gate flange add it to your cart otherwise you will get a manifold with no waste gate flange for internally gated turbos.

disturbedfan121
04-10-2009, 08:49 PM
no point for a top mount, last i checked there are 0 benefits. I might just donate my begi s3 manifold and get an absurdflow

BradC
04-12-2009, 01:08 PM
no point for a top mount, last i checked there are 0 benefits. I might just donate my begi s3 manifold and get an absurdflow

I don't know of any benefit either, just satisfying the OPs requirement!

disturbedfan121
04-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't know of any benefit either, just satisfying the OPs requirement!

lol its alright i wasn't yelling at you or anything lol I got the car for the OP

BradC
04-12-2009, 09:58 PM
lol its alright i wasn't yelling at you or anything lol I got the car for the OP

Lol, no prob man, didn't take it that way at all.

Quick threadjack, but know a good place w/Miata experience to get a downpipe and exhaust fabbed up?

There are no OTS downpipes for an HKS mani, and the one on the car currently sucks ass.

Thanks!

disturbedfan121
04-12-2009, 11:46 PM
i know a great place but its gonna be $$$$

www.shoremotorsports.com

they did my dp3" stainless with cat fabbed up and installed.....you would have to bring them the car for them to look at it. awesome place and great people tooall family owned. TurboTim is on tst and he's their main fabricator.

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/member.php?u=7824

BradC
04-13-2009, 09:11 AM
i know a great place but its gonna be $$$$

www.shoremotorsports.com

they did my dp3" stainless with cat fabbed up and installed.....you would have to bring them the car for them to look at it. awesome place and great people tooall family owned. TurboTim is on tst and he's their main fabricator.

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/member.php?u=7824

Same "TurboTim" from MT.net?

Thanks, I'll check them out.

disturbedfan121
04-13-2009, 11:28 AM
and yes same tim from MT.net

whats your name over there? mine is the same

BradC
04-13-2009, 03:01 PM
and yes same tim from MT.net

whats your name over there? mine is the same

Same as here as well, haven't really posted much yet though.

Just starting to get this thing road worthy.

Now I have a leaking master cyl (brake)...yay!

wheresmycar
04-13-2009, 06:02 PM
1.6 in a 1.8 shell. Sweet. Now you don't need to swap the brakes/differential like I will if I ever move out of slow stock.

How much of a difference is it from boosting a 1.6 vs 1.8?

disturbedfan121
04-13-2009, 09:28 PM
not to much, 1.6 will rev higher and faster, 1.8 makes more tq. its a trade off. also the 1.6 has lower compression. and cheaper to replace. where you can put a 99 head on a 94 bottom and free up some more power cause it flows better.

pretty much if you have enough money its your call. if not just boost the 1.6 you'll be plenty happy