PDA

View Full Version : issues with bonehead performance

kosta
04-01-2009, 01:53 PM
this isn't a rant to bash on them, just my experience with their services

i sent them a few seperate shipments of parts to get coated over a year period. Some parts would come out perfect, others wouldn't

runs in the powder, imperfections, chrome powder that looked horrible after a few days.

any normal business would want to keep their customers happy and offer to repair the parts at least. nope, they wouldn't do that for me.

if it was a run, they would say it was a defect in the metal of the part. An imperfection? defect in the metal. Chrome looking like a$$, I must have used a harsh chemical on it. (how would they say that? as i stripped some items by hand and there were no imperfections) and i never used any chemicals whatsoever.

They would never accept responsibility for their poor workmanship.
they would just offer to redo it with a 20% discount.

regardless I gave up on them and started giving my business to another coater. (name not supplied but they are on this forum)

parts come back looking perfect everytime and he is a stand-up guy.

Weird thing is everyone says Chuck is a good guy but i was never treated like that.

end of rant
thanks for listening

TROLL
04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
I have never heard of anything like this ever from Bonehead. Do you have photos of before and after or anything to even somewhat substantiate what you're claiming here? Sorry, but as a noob on the forum, you're going to need something to back up what you're saying here for it to carry any weight at all.

TalonTsi97
04-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Kosta i have seen great work from all of the local p/c's but i do believe things like your saying happens. If it was me i would have before and after pics of everything to post up. Glad the second shop took care of you it just sucks to hear what you had to go threw if its all legit.

lownslow95
04-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah, before and after pics will help your case here.

ToTheIX's
04-01-2009, 08:42 PM
after my experiences i wouldnt go anywhere but bonehead, theyve always done a great job for me, and went out of theyre way to get my wheels done on time even though they were taking much longer to strip then usuall

Ender81
04-01-2009, 08:55 PM
After pics in the least would help.

kosta
04-02-2009, 07:09 AM
i hear ya
i know i'm a noob here

i'm mainly on bimmerforums.com and acurazine/tsxclub
i really have no reason to post on this forum

the only reason i joined here is that (my new pc guy)
was not answering his phone for weeks so i got worried that maybe the shop closed down or something? so someone on bimmerforums directed me here as they said he frequents this forum.

i don't have any pictures. I'm done and have moved on.

however bonehead messed up my HRE wheel center and they swore it was a defect in the wheel. (bs as the rim was perfect before they coated it)

so i sent it to ____ and he asked me, are you sure the rim was perfect? because he didn't believe me either. he thought there was a dimple in the metal which caused the powder to look imperfect.

and after he stripped it, he said yeah bp messed up the job somehow, now it looks perfect.

not here to caused any drama. Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone else had issues.
that's all

Ender81
04-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Well don't run away we just wanted to see/know more about what you were saying that's all lol.

CleanNeon98
04-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Not to rag on any vendors here, but my wheels were done by LPC a good while ago (before i owned them actually) and there is an imperfection on them. You don't notice it until you find it and then it's like WTF. I thought it was from improper care but it looks to be an actual coating flaw. It's on one wheel only.

Regardless, Chuck from Bonehead and Martin from LPC are both great guys, and I would trust either to future work for me.

What you are saying about Chuck and Bonehead seems farfetched because he certainly didn't come off that way to me, in fact he did a great job on getting my petty order of 3 quarts of redline fluid in when he said he would.

kosta
04-03-2009, 10:23 AM
i said it before and i'll say it again

chuck is a nice guy.....i just dont think the way i was treated was proper

that's all
we are all human, we all make mistakes
but we should all be accountable for those mistakes

when i got my 4 hre's back from bonehead
i opened one up to check it out and it looked perfect.
then my wife's cousin came over and i was opening up the other rims, and right away he spots it (he's anal like
that) he's like this one has a blemish, like literally smaller the size of a pencil eraser

i'm like damn, why did you have to show me that. now i have to get it set out again and redone.
very frustrating as powdercoaters are usually busy in the wintertime.

poolmike
04-11-2009, 07:57 AM
I have been dealing with Chuck since he was working at his parents basement with a little tiny oven. His customer service has always been perfect for everyone. He is always examining his work for flaws, and if there is a problem it gets fixed.

Post some pics up.

kosta
04-13-2009, 08:08 AM
my camera had a broken lens at the time so i couldn't

I dont need pictures, God knows the truth and I wouldn't make this up

ezdrummer
04-14-2009, 07:37 AM
things happen and no one is perfect...chuck will surely take care of anything he needs to..i have seen outstanding work come out of thier shop and have heard many reports of their excellent customer service..i am sure whatever issue you have with them, it can and will be resolved

CleanNeon98
04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
my camera had a broken lens at the time so i couldn't

I dont need pictures, God knows the truth and I wouldn't make this up
Well then for all we know you are making this up just to give Chuck a bad name...I really hope nobody takes this review seriously because it doesn't deserve to be.

2drStunner
04-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey guys take it easy. I mean I know hes a noob but damn. I dont know Bonehead or this guy. I to think its funny that he has no pics nor does he want to take any. But isnt this a Parts and vendor review section? Its not always gonna be OMG this company is great or wow this part is amazing. Sometimes your gonan get a customer who is just upset or unhappy with the work. I'd like to see Boonehead post up on this thread and defend or agree with his claims or bad workmanship. That is all. :mrgreen:

kosta
04-15-2009, 07:59 AM
i can take all the pics you guys want, however that won't solve anything; all the parts were redone (at a cost to me)

i didn't take any pics of the issues because they made me believe all the issues were my fault and i let it go.

regarding my noobness, you can go on bimmerforums and see that i'm an old timer there. Here is a pic of my hobby car.

noclutch
04-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Well then for all we know you are making this up just to give Chuck a bad name...I really hope nobody takes this review seriously because it doesn't deserve to be.

Is this a joke? You're a ****ing idiot. I've seen bad review from EVERY shop out there bar none (Except RT). Even you said you have something from LPC with a flaw in it, nobody's jumping down your throat about having to post pictures and you made the first complaint I've ever seen about them.

Sometimes I think my opinion of you can't be any worse... then you make another stupid post.