PDA

View Full Version : Good shop to mount/balance tires

SupraToWRX
11-28-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm looking for a good shop to mount my snow tires on my spare set of wheels. Anybody know any places around burlington county/philly area? I just painted my spare set of bbs's and I don't want them to get all scratched up.

TehWagon
11-28-2005, 02:43 PM
i went to a place called tires plus in mount laurel on route 38... afaik, they didn't scratch my wheels, and they guarantee their work... they are a vendor for tirerack.com, so there's that :) reasonable too... :wink:

S4toSTI
11-28-2005, 03:06 PM
A memeber of the board works at a tire rack out by me, little g is his name and tires are his game.

JDM-BB6
11-28-2005, 07:22 PM
I work at a garage in Burlington City and am capable of mounting the tires,i did,IemShamus's winter tires of freshly painted rims and had no issues at all.What size tire are u putting on the rims. Also we are capable on mounting 26's,just a FYI.

the mike
11-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I can tell you who to avoid: STS in Delran. THey scratched the crap out of my Enkei's on the EVO. They=the suck.

SupraToWRX
11-29-2005, 09:46 AM
Well I'm mounting a set of Dunlop Wintersport M3's 225/45/17 onto a set of sti bbs wheels (17x8) that I just painted gunmetal. I had a shop dismount the potenzas off the wheels so I could paint them, and they scratched them up a little (but I was painting them anyway so I didn't mind too much). I guess because the sidewalls on the re070s are so stiff, but that still isn't an excuse. I've heard there are mounting claws that are rubber instead of metal...I'm assuming a machine like this would be less likely to scratch the wheels up...

Mike - Sucks about your old wheels. That's exactly what I don't want to happen.

JDM-BB6 - I may have to take you up on that offer. What kind of balancing method do you do?

IemShamus
11-29-2005, 11:20 AM
I work at a garage in Burlington City and am capable of mounting the tires,i did,IemShamus's winter tires of freshly painted rims and had no issues at all.What size tire are u putting on the rims. Also we are capable on mounting 26's,just a FYI.

Hell yeah. Jeff did a good job mounting my tires on FRESHLY painted rims. They came out great too. Thanks again mang:)

PS: Jeffro are you down for the same New Years trip as last year?
We're officially going. Should be the same crew. PM me and let me know.
I can't effin wait.

JDM-BB6
12-01-2005, 01:55 PM
As far as balancing i can do static or regular balancing,if that's what u meant.
We have the newest snap-on tire machine,it's really great machine,as long as it's set right u shouldnt scratch it at all...

AMF Racing
12-01-2005, 09:31 PM
As far as balancing i can do static or regular balancing,if that's what u meant.
We have the newest snap-on tire machine,it's really great machine,as long as it's set right u shouldnt scratch it at all...
how much to do a set of four tires? i just ordered some, 205/55/16. i also want the weights on the inside. let me know i want to have it done next week when they come in.

also i have taken MANY sets of rims/tires to the tires plus on 38 and never had any problems. also if you go up there at the right time the manage will do it on the side hella cheap, or maybe that sjust for me cause i have taken about 30 sets up there in the past, lol.

TehWagon
12-02-2005, 01:22 AM
just a heads up not to discuss price in the thread... i think it might be a conflict with vendor status or something, though it's too late to check the rules- better pm the info :wink:

AMF Racing
12-02-2005, 01:56 AM
just a heads up not to discuss price in the thread... i think it might be a conflict with vendor status or something, though it's too late to check the rules- better pm the info :wink:
good lookin out

SupraToWRX
12-02-2005, 02:22 PM
JDM-BB6 - Sent ya a pm. Hit me up as soon as ya can b/c I'm trying to get this done in time for the snow/wintry mix we're expected to be getting sunday morning. Thanks.

JDM-BB6
12-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Pm'd both of you

Broken5hift
12-02-2005, 04:38 PM
theres a shop i used to work at called creightons auto care up in newtown;bucks county. i dunno if its too far but they have a brand new tire mounting machine that does up to 25" rims and is garunteed scratch free. they also have an entire lift with electronic alignment. if you want the # let me know, they arent expensive and do a good job

themadhatter
12-05-2005, 05:26 AM
theres a shop i used to work at called creightons auto care up in newtown;bucks county. i dunno if its too far but they have a brand new tire mounting machine that does up to 25" rims and is garunteed scratch free. they also have an entire lift with electronic alignment. if you want the # let me know, they arent expensive and do a good job
can you post that shop's info?

AMF Racing
12-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Pm'd both of you
get back to me man i got my tires today lookin to get them on this week sometime. aim: amf racing rsx

Orbit
12-07-2005, 12:37 AM
I have had some work done by them too. no problems.

i went to a place called tires plus in mount laurel on route 38... afaik, they didn't scratch my wheels, and they guarantee their work... they are a vendor for tirerack.com, so there's that :) reasonable too... :wink:

MPowerKai
12-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Just had my tires swapped on the M3 mounted and balanced at a local STS. The total came out to 122.39. Not a bad price IMO considering BMW wanted 275.

DocEwww
01-09-2006, 11:11 PM

Jeff is that u?? If so I was just gonna recommend you guys :cool:

JDM-BB6
01-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Yea man it's me.I have done a few sets of tires for people on here.I am worthy and u know my pricing if prolly best around.Or at least i think so.

2point4DSM
01-27-2006, 10:14 PM
I would NOT recommend the NTB at Franklin Mills Mall. First they tricked us to coming out to the store by telling us they had the tires we were looking for in stock and did NOT. Then when they finally got it they put the tires on my sister's car and had two tires mounted backwards (directional) and after several attempts still couldn't get the tires balanced. IDIOTS!

On the other hand I heard they have changed management since then....

92eg
01-27-2006, 11:13 PM
u still work there? i thought u didnt. i need some tires

JDM-BB6
01-28-2006, 08:32 PM
I work there here and there.Whenever i got time or they need me,but i can still go there whenever i want.

92eg
01-29-2006, 12:58 AM
can u get tires for a good price? or if i get em can u put them on. my drag radials r bald as hell

JDM-BB6
01-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Get em and i will put on,I can get good deals sometimes.But then they normally expect people to put them on there and then i gotta charge u.