PDA

View Full Version : Where should I live?

Aaron
03-18-2005, 11:50 PM
Hey NJ 'peeps',

I have a job offer in west orange. Unfortunately, North Jersey isn't my ideal choice. I've been looking in the surrounding area, i.e. Lake Hiawatha (yes this means you smokey bandit). I'm looking for suggestions on decent places to live where I don't have to worry about my car being jacked and what not.

So, any of you have connections or know of apartments that aren't on the market or something?

Thanks-

SmokeyBandit
03-18-2005, 11:53 PM
If my other roommate ever moves out.....then there would be 2 STi's in the driveway.

Apartments??? How much do you want to spend??? North Jersey is not cheap

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/NJ.html
Parsipanny has a lot of apartment complexes

Aaron
03-19-2005, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the link and the fast response. Not sure what I want to pay. I'm not familiar with the area at all. I know what I can get in NYC with each price range, but north Jersey: I'm clueless. I think if I'm going to do it, I don't want to commute more than 20 mins. So, thats my radius from West Orange as of now but I'm open to suggestions. I want to figure out where I'm gonna live before I accept.

SmokeyBandit
03-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Parsippany is about 10 miles from West Orange

Montclair is a nice town also (next town over from West Orange)

Livingston is a nice town...pretty expensive though

TehWagon
03-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Better upgrade your security if you're moving near 'the oranges'... TOO MANY stories of subies getting stolen from that area! Good luck ;)

SmokeyBandit
03-20-2005, 12:45 AM
if you want to check out some places...and need to drive around....let me know about a week ahead of time and I'll take a day off from work

Aaron
03-20-2005, 12:49 AM
I was going to go either tuesday or wednesday :(

Got any days off this week?

SmokeyBandit
03-20-2005, 01:28 AM
if anything... wednesday...gotta make sure not to schedule any meetings

kel rx8
06-06-2005, 11:39 PM
the oranges are a bit scary when it comes to car theft.
around me I havent run into that problem.even though im 10min away.
good luck either way

chrism
06-07-2005, 07:18 AM
could move to lyndhurst, north arlington, rutherford, east rutherford, carlstadt......all these areas are 10-15 minutes from the city and 20-25 from the oranges and my car is pretty damn safe here....the cops here are very anal and im never worried...sometimes i leave my 8 outside instead of putting her in the garage and nothing has happened....there are plenty of subies, 8's, evo's, m3's, 350's around here and to this date i have been living here a few years and have not heard of a single car theft!

Aaron
06-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Never ended up in north jersey. I swung a deal and got them to put me in south jersey. :D

XxGarbSxX
06-08-2005, 03:50 AM
Sweet! If you ever need help with finding anything in South Jersey, give me a holler. Glad you didn't end up in North Jersey. North Jersey = teh ghettoz0rz, and it smells funny, too. Hah, just playin w/ you North Jersey peeps. But seriously, do somethin about the smell. And stop wishing you were from New York. Seriously. Stop it.