PDA

View Full Version : Ls1 240sx

SLVRSUBBIEREX
02-25-2009, 11:57 PM
hey ive got a question for all the nissan guys on here. my buddy wants to do a motor swap and after lots of debate we decided that we want to do an ls1 swap. since i will be doing the majority of the wrenching and fabbing i just want to know what im getting myself into? what do i need to tell him he needs? and how much is it going to cost him?

SLVRSUBBIEREX
02-26-2009, 01:47 PM
no one has any info for me?

djb5118
02-26-2009, 01:53 PM
hey man, my roommate is in the process of finishing up his ls1 swap. most of what he needed was sourced from http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/

They seemed to have the best option for him to do the swap. I know he had to get a few parts machined as well, but i dont remember exactly what off of the top of my head.

if you send me a pm i can get you some more info

420sx
02-26-2009, 02:03 PM
Expect to spend around 8k or more.

Id LOOVE an LS1, but not at the same pricetag as my entire car...

Renegade_
02-26-2009, 02:12 PM
yeah, 8k would get you there in style. LS1 + T56 runs a pretty penny, which leaves the rest for mounts, driveshaft, etc.

Ace
02-27-2009, 06:19 PM
8k is certainly realistic for a LS1 swap with bolt ons or maybe even a cam. Either way, you've got a 300-350 whp car

....But if you think of it this way....an equally powerful SR will damn near run the same cost, and not make nearly the powerband...

SLVRSUBBIEREX
02-28-2009, 04:54 AM
thanks for the comments guys. i was expecting around 8k for price and the reason why we want to do an ls1 compared to an sr is cuz of the powerband and the availibility of parts. how much fabbing is involved?

Ace
02-28-2009, 12:19 PM
thanks for the comments guys. i was expecting around 8k for price and the reason why we want to do an ls1 compared to an sr is cuz of the powerband and the availibility of parts. how much fabbing is involved?

Check Zilvia and Freshalloy for some of the recent builds

Aaron Loosleys, Project Freddy, etc etc

With any of these 'one off' kits, they will never be bolt on and role. It's a project to say the least, but nothing that could not be obtrainable by a everyday guy with the right tools and obvously know how.

240_fun
03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
wheres out to win? hes go an ls1 in his

redtoprps13
03-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Expect to spend around 8k or more.

Id LOOVE an LS1, but not at the same pricetag as my entire car...

ken that's not different than what it would take to do an rb25 swap (the right way)

OutToWinPAHC
03-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm here. I did mine before kits were available to do them. Plus mines a TH350 set up. Hinson super cars is OK, but there are other options. Hinsons trans crossmember is iffy looking. I Don't like the design and how it mounts to the weakest part of the frame rails. If you want better quality check out Daft Innovations.

But I run an LS series motor in my 240sx. I did mine before the kits were available. Price you dont wanna know. Because you have to do this, then that, then this then that. I'm over 20K into mine.