PDA

View Full Version : dsm 450cc injectors(00civicsi)

cobaltpsi
01-21-2009, 10:54 PM
anyone has a turbo civic with dsm injectors? if so then what are the step you took to install them

TalonTsi97
01-21-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm sure their is a write up on honda tech. I sold some to a friend of mine and he wired them in. He had his car for sale on here but he don't really post on here to much or i would point him in your direction.

cobaltpsi
01-21-2009, 11:07 PM
ive been on hondatech. not enough info there

emdot
01-21-2009, 11:28 PM
honda tech sucks now that they changed the layout. but the dsm's fit right into the honda rails and manifold. the only thing is you need to wire in obd-1 injector clips and wire in a resistor box bc the dsm's are peak and hold.

edit: heres a write-up.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=517274
http://www.hondata.com/techinjectorwiring.html

K20EF9
01-21-2009, 11:50 PM
In my opinion, just get real injectors.

emdot
01-21-2009, 11:57 PM
DSM's work great for a simple setup. sure RCs are direct drop in, but for the price of DSM's, you cant go wrong.

dragonfly2k3
01-22-2009, 12:05 AM
if 450 is all you need, you cant get better than DSMs. 40 for a full set of injectors, 20 for a resistor box, and an hour to wire em in cleanly. Ive got a resistor box f/s btw.

K20EF9
01-22-2009, 12:21 AM
DSM's work great for a simple setup. sure RCs are direct drop in, but for the price of DSM's, you cant go wrong.

Meh, I guess if you are boosting a stock D series than it doesn't matter, but I wouldn't run them on anything else. It says 00civicsi in the title, therefore I'd assume he has a 2000 Civic Si with the b16. A stock b16 can max out dsm injectors, so if thats what you have I wouldn't suggest going that route.

emdot
01-22-2009, 12:29 AM
Meh, I guess if you are boosting a stock D series than it doesn't matter, but I wouldn't run them on anything else. It says 00civicsi in the title, therefore I'd assume he has a 2000 Civic Si with the b16. A stock b16 can max out dsm injectors, so if thats what you have I wouldn't suggest going that route.

like i said, its great for the price. it gets the job done. i wouldnt build a SFWD car running a junkyard setup. ive been through that phase 5-6 years ago and have moved on.

but you're right. If you're planning on running DSM injectors, chances are 9/10 times its going on a mild setup.

cobaltpsi
01-22-2009, 09:57 AM
im runnin turbo

MTuning
01-22-2009, 10:54 AM
i ran a 300HP b18c on blacktops. i upgraded after that though. its maxing out for me after that.

TurboGSR96
01-22-2009, 03:30 PM
I would never run these old junk injectors on anything, most of the time you have not one clue of the mileage on them, whether they flow properly and are clean etc, just not worth a motor on short cutting a set of $300 injectors, not to mention hacking up your OEM wiring. I would find a set of high imp RC 550's or something and feel much happier and confident.

K20EF9
01-22-2009, 03:35 PM
I would never run these old junk injectors on anything, most of the time you have not one clue of the mileage on them, whether they flow properly and are clean etc, just not worth a motor on short cutting a set of $300 injectors, not to mention hacking up your OEM wiring. I would find a set of high imp RC 550's or something and feel much happier and confident.

Thats what I'm saying, I know somebody who's motor leaned out because a DSM injector failed, and it cracked a sleeve.

dragonfly2k3
01-22-2009, 05:44 PM
in due respect, any injector should fail, which is why you should always be running a wide band, however, the chance of a clean, good condition dsm injector failing, if its properly wired, is pretty slim.

TurboGSR96
01-22-2009, 08:34 PM
in due respect, any injector should fail, which is why you should always be running a wide band, however, the chance of a clean, good condition dsm injector failing, if its properly wired, is pretty slim.

And my point was how do you know they are good and clean? To have a set Pro Cleaned and Flowed is a minimum of $50+ shipping on top of whatever you paid to get the Injectors, at that point your at half the price of a set of brand new Injectors and you could get a larger set if needed.

I am just saying I would look for a set of used RC's or flat out man up and buy new, those Injectors you are buying could be a decade old who knows, cutting corners has cost me so much extra money in the past I will never do it again, just my .02

TurboGSR96
01-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Oh and dragonfly, your wideband wont necessarily show you one cylinder leaning out bad from an Injector issue, if one cylinder drops a point in AFR it might only show up as .2-.3 leaner on your wideband, just some food for thought :)

highmilehatch
01-23-2009, 11:45 AM
ive been on hondatech. not enough info there

Your kidding right?

Anyway, buy some real injectors. Don't risk your engine.

dragonfly2k3
01-24-2009, 01:40 AM
idk, i guess ive just had so much luck with dsm injectors for small turbo builds in the past that i dont shy away from them, not to mention i had them in my dsm(dur)

K20EF9
01-24-2009, 05:13 PM
idk, i guess ive just had so much luck with dsm injectors for small turbo builds in the past that i dont shy away from them, not to mention i had them in my dsm(dur)

Dsm Injectors I think would be fine in a stock D series setup, maybe even a stock ls setup, but a stock b16 with a good turbo setup can max out a set of dsm injectors.

Vr-4-Life
01-24-2009, 06:27 PM
DSM injectors are fine... get them new and they are just as good as any after market injectors. dont buy used ones from a junk yard.

highmilehatch
01-25-2009, 09:29 AM
If you bought new DSM 450's, wouldn't you be paying the same if not more than aftermarket injectors in a much larger size?

You guys should all check out the new Bosch 1000cc. They are saturated and don't require a resistor box. And please don't reply with "those are too big". No injector is too big if you've got proper engine management driving them.

jdm free
01-25-2009, 09:57 AM
And my point was how do you know they are good and clean? To have a set Pro Cleaned and Flowed is a minimum of $50+ shipping on top of whatever you paid to get the Injectors, at that point your at half the price of a set of brand new Injectors and you could get a larger set if needed.

I am just saying I would look for a set of used RC's or flat out man up and buy new, those Injectors you are buying could be a decade old who knows, cutting corners has cost me so much extra money in the past I will never do it again, just my .02

any set of used injectors have the possibility to not be clean and flow right, so why say dont get the cheaper dsm's that can get the job done but go with a more expensive slightly bigger injector that could also fail as well

K20EF9
01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Are you dsm injector people missing the point...? I already stated if you are cheap and boosting a D series go for the dsm injector route.

Dude put 2000 Civic Si in the title, they come with a b16a2 obviously. A b16a2 bone stock internals can max out dsm injectors no problem, therefore why buy small ass injectors that your stock motor can max out?

TurboGSR96
01-25-2009, 03:41 PM
If you bought new DSM 450's, wouldn't you be paying the same if not more than aftermarket injectors in a much larger size?

You guys should all check out the new Bosch 1000cc. They are saturated and don't require a resistor box. And please don't reply with "those are too big". No injector is too big if you've got proper engine management driving them.

those new Bosch's are nice, but they are also over $450, thats pretty steep when you can almost buy some RC1000's and a FJO Driver Box for that price.

TurboGSR96
01-25-2009, 03:48 PM
any set of used injectors have the possibility to not be clean and flow right, so why say dont get the cheaper dsm's that can get the job done but go with a more expensive slightly bigger injector that could also fail as well

I already explained that, DSM Injectors outnumber aftermarket Injectors probably 5 to 1, RC's have been around for a while but the majority of the Honda aftermarket Injectors dont have 50k miles on them, especially on the 750+cc size, where stock DSM Injectors could very easily have 100k+ on them in someones daily driver before being yanked out of a junk yard and then passed around to who knows how many other people before ending up in your hand.

I stated that he should try to find some used RC's or man up and buy something new. I never have experienced an Injector failure and I never mentioned it.

I am sure he will go the DSM route so all of this is just a wasted convo anyway, generally people always take the cheap route when putting a car together.