PDA

View Full Version : 5 Star Auto - negative review which has no foundation or proof

180sxpiggy
01-12-2009, 05:08 PM
i bought a 90 s13 hatch swapped from my friend he said 5 star did the swap so i buy the car and im driving it and this **** is all ****ed up the wiring job is terrible the ecu wasent even mounted in the car they used butt connectors on the afc wiring the battery light and break light stays on and starts when it feels like and its all because of them so i will bad mouth this shop all i can they suck and they will never get my buisness i wouldent even let them retards do an oil change on my car you want a swap do it your ****ing self and soder the wires its not that hard........................any one else have problems with this butcher shop they call a garage??

tretiak
01-12-2009, 05:13 PM
soundnt this be in the review section?

TROLL
01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
moving this to the reviews section...

in response to your thread... you are assuming a lot which you cannot prove, and could find yourself legally responsible for this type of defamation. how do you know who did the work on the car, or which work was done by who? for all you know your friend is the one who put the butt connectors in there.

180sxpiggy
01-12-2009, 05:19 PM
no i have all the recipets that place is a butcher shop i will never go there ever i have all the paper work to prove that this is a place of buisness doing this i do my own work and know what im doing this is these guys job and they cant even do it right retards

TalonTsi97
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
I can see that your upset but calm down a little and type up a better review. More people will understand it and take you more serious. I don't know much about the shop other then a few of there drift cars I've seen at shows so i can't comment on them but my question is this, You bought the car correct? You or your friend didn't realize any of this when it left the shop? or when you test drove it? If he is your friend wouldn't you know that 5 star did the swap not base it on him telling you? Good luck with this situation.

TROLL
01-12-2009, 05:21 PM
"Caveat Emptor"

If you know what you're doing how did you buy such a POS car?
If the issues are the ECU then take 3 minutes to mount it, and the dozen or less wires for the AFC then spend a half hour and solder them. Anything else wrong? Want a hug?

180sxpiggy
01-12-2009, 05:26 PM
he got the car swapped and parked it and never drove it so i picked it up and i thought that 5 star was a reputable shop so i had no worries and the car sitting there with nothing taken apart seemed good once i started taking it apart to diagnose the problems i saw that it is all a wiring mess and they dont know what the **** they are doing and my friend paid alot of money for that i called him and told him and he flipped out if it was me and they tryied to give me **** like that i would of got my money back and made them take all that **** out

TalonTsi97
01-12-2009, 05:27 PM
lol @ troll

Post up pics of this "pos" I'd like to see some backyard work.
i just can't imagine how you didn't see or know about any of this before buying especially if it was your "friends"

*edit- Well i see how you got the car now. I still dont understand why you didn't drive it or go over it beforehand. Why did your friend sell it?

180sxpiggy
01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
i bought a swaped 240sx flawless body no frame rust or rust at all sr20det t28 turbo on new megan coilovers,carbon fiber hatch,brand new clutch and rear,front mount+all the piping and silicone hoses,hks bow,hks waste gate actuator for 4500 so you do the math and add all that **** and tell me why then **** i bought the car????? for 4500 you cant even come close to getting the motor in the car and you still have more **** to buy just to get it in the car not to mention all the extras and for your infomation i am going to fix the problem my self but what you dont seem to understand is this is a shop that does this **** not some back yard retard doing this **** in his drive way so yeah the **** should be ****ing right esp if he is paying 4+ for a swap from a place of buisness

The Captain
01-12-2009, 05:37 PM
. <--- that is a period. It ends sentences. It also helps me from getting head aches and makes understanding a lot easier. Please incorporate them into your post. TY :)

180sxpiggy
01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
listen before you even start talking **** dsm are the ultimate pos car and they are notorious for breaking that car on its best day aint **** to my "pos" not running i mean what do you expect you bought a car by the company eagle lol and yeah that 4g63 is a turd box no matter how much money you put into it

tretiak
01-12-2009, 05:49 PM
^^^^^
lolz calm down dont get all pissy at him he was just stating pretty much what you said except he was blunt and said it was a pos.

btw ibtl

TalonTsi97
01-12-2009, 05:51 PM
listen before you even start talking **** dsm are the ultimate pos car and they are notorious for breaking that car on its best day aint **** to my "pos" not running i mean what do you expect you bought a car by the company eagle lol and yeah that 4g63 is a turd box no matter how much money you put into it

Thanks dick, i wasn't talking ****. I've owned my talon for over 6 years and have not had it break down or give me any problems and that's the truth. Any one of my cars will beat your pos 240 so i don't know wtf your talking about. Have fun with you $4k ****box. Hope the wheels or motor don't fall out when you pull a tokyo drift in a parking lot.

TalonTsi97
01-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I never said it was a POS. I wanted to see the POS work so i could laugh at what this shop supposedly did.

TROLL
01-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Ok dude, here is the part where you calm the hell down. Its in your best interest, really. And I'm far from a DSM fanboy but calling the 4G63 a turd makes you look really really dumb.
No one is going to take some ranting and raving heated dude who doesn't type clear sentences seriously so step away from the keyboard and chill out.

Like I said before, Caveat Emptor. I'll translate it into english this time... it means Buyer Beware. It means that you need to be responsible for the purchases that you make... and there's no one to blame but yourself if you pay $4k in labor and get a hackjob back... I agree thats insane, but it requires a shop and a customer both agreeing to do business on those terms.

Anyway, it sounds like you got a hell of a deal on the car, it has a couple minor things to fix, and you'll be on top of the world. So why are you so mad? Sounds like you should be celebrating...

TalonTsi97
01-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Ok dude, here is the part where you calm the hell down. Its in your best interest, really. And I'm far from a DSM fanboy but calling the 4G63 a turd makes you look really really dumb.
No one is going to take some ranting and raving heated dude who doesn't type clear sentences seriously so step away from the keyboard and chill out.

Like I said before, Caveat Emptor. I'll translate it into english this time... it means Buyer Beware. It means that you need to be responsible for the purchases that you make... and there's no one to blame but yourself if you pay $4k in labor and get a hackjob back... I agree thats insane, but it requires a shop and a customer both agreeing to do business on those terms.

Anyway, it sounds like you got a hell of a deal on the car, it has a couple minor things to fix, and you'll be on top of the world. So why are you so mad? Sounds like you should be celebrating...

Exactly my point i just said it in a different way. First thing i said was to calm down and type better so people will understand and take you serious.
I know what the shop is supposed to be and it sucks to hear what happened. No one will know the true story here so you just have to move on i guess especially since the way your acting cause no one will take you serious.
You got a great deal on the car as far as parts and all that goes but come one you get what you pay for and look at what your involved with now. Hopefully you can fix it up and have a badass car when its all finished. At least then you can say you wrenched on it yourself and got it running good. I'd like to see pics of the ****ty work that was done and hopefully you can make a journal and show us all what you have done to fix it eventually.

180sxpiggy
01-12-2009, 06:02 PM
i do all my own work and that **** has never ****ed up

180sxpiggy
01-12-2009, 06:07 PM
5 star is trash i dont care what i paid for the car i would of paid 55, but as far as a shop goes they suck and do horrible work and charge way to much for them not even to soder the ****ing wires.or mount the ecu

TalonTsi97
01-12-2009, 06:08 PM
haha I seen what you originally posted but whatever its not that big of a deal to me. Like i said get some pics up and get it fixed. Would love to see the before and afters.

180sxpiggy
01-12-2009, 06:11 PM
yeah sure and ill show you the ****ing reciept

The Captain
01-12-2009, 06:29 PM
deep breaths dude, in and out. We're not here to attack you and we didn't wire your car so relax and stop flippin.

SpendOne
01-12-2009, 06:43 PM
This thread is weird. It seems as if you are the one really upset for the work the previous owner paid for which in turn really has nothing to do with you b/c you have gotten a so called "deal". Like Troll said, I would be praising that I got the car on a deal. Id rather put a little bit of time in and fix the mistakes than sit on the internet and bitch about how I got a car for cheap and the work was hacked. Isn't this an oxymoron??

CleanNeon98
01-12-2009, 06:44 PM
deep breaths dude, in and out. We're not here to attack you and we didn't wire your car so relax and stop flippin.
Nah dude, hes mad! GRRRR!

This is very funny to me.

OutToWinPAHC
01-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Actually you dont want to solder wires, it can lead to breakage. The best method is wire to wire crimping with contact (not butt splices). But as far as 5 star did you go there and talk to Peter? Peter is a really good guy and I'm sure if there was a mistake he made he would fix it. Peter did my front end conversion, fixed my frame rot, and floor pan for only a G. 5 star is an okay shop by my book.

You bough the car from someone who got the work by them, what did he do to the car after it was done? Who swaps a car and only lets it sit then sells it?

Take some pics of the car too. I want to see what you got for your money.

crexxy90
01-12-2009, 06:59 PM
my emanage on my old crx was wired in with butt connectors and electrical tape, but really all i wanted was for it to be functional and get it tuned, i dont need to pay the rediculous labor rate for something i can simply re-do when i get home.

calm down homie, you got a good deal on a car, and most speed shops dont butcher a car that bad unless theres a good reason

FazdaGt
01-12-2009, 07:33 PM
You should really consider some grammar lessons before you make a post like this. I can not take anything you say seriously because you sound extremely unintelligent. If you can't even put a sentence together, I cannot trust your opinion of a shop that has a decent reputation. If the car is "hacked" as you say, fix it. It sounds like you picked it up at a good deal, you shouldn't expect it to be perfect.

If you "do all of your own work" so well, tear the car completely down and start over. You've got a shell, and the parts to do it right.

When you're finished post up a whole lot of pics. I want to see the quality of your work. I have my doubts that it'll be done at a professional level.

coleycole
01-12-2009, 07:45 PM
Wow!!!! you would have had a lot of people on here sympathize and offer you help if you didn't sound like a retarted nut case. We understand the shop did a poor job and are not here to doubt that, but bitching and yelling is not going to solve anything. in the end a cool head will always prevail. how about we start this thread fresh and you list out the issues with the car in a clear and concise manner and go from there. I think you will find the members response much more supportive.

93EGY8
01-12-2009, 08:23 PM
dude u need to relax or no one is going to take you seriously..

emdot
01-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Actually you dont want to solder wires, it can lead to breakage. The best method is wire to wire crimping with contact (not butt splices). But as far as 5 star did you go there and talk to Peter? Peter is a really good guy and I'm sure if there was a mistake he made he would fix it. Peter did my front end conversion, fixed my frame rot, and floor pan for only a G. 5 star is an okay shop by my book.

You bough the car from someone who got the work by them, what did he do to the car after it was done? Who swaps a car and only lets it sit then sells it?

Take some pics of the car too. I want to see what you got for your money.

I agree with this guy 100%. ive seen 5 star's work on 240s and their work is pretty spot on. i have never seen a hack job from them and have seen quite a few cars done by Peter, Bea and Brian. Although i have never had motor work done by them, they did however paint my car , do the body work, frame pulling for a really fair price.

i mean, its really hard to say since you bought the car that way. its not like you bought it directly from 5 star, then i could understand your point. stuff happens sometimes but I know you said it was your friend but in all honesty, he could've messed with the car and isnt telling you and is trying to place blame on someone else. I dont know, but to be honest, its hard to believe. there is more than a few dozen people( 10 years worth IIRC lol) that can vouch for 5 Star's work.

coleycole
01-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I agree with this guy 100%. ive seen 5 star's work on 240s and their work is pretty spot on. i have never seen a hack job from them and have seen quite a few cars done by Peter, Bea and Brian. Although i have never had motor work done by them, they did however paint my car , do the body work, frame pulling for a really fair price.

i mean, its really hard to say since you bought the car that way. its not like you bought it directly from 5 star, then i could understand your point. stuff happens sometimes but I know you said it was your friend but in all honesty, he could've messed with the car and isnt telling you and is trying to place blame on someone else. I dont know, but to be honest, its hard to believe. there is more than a few dozen people( 10 years worth IIRC lol) that can vouch for 5 Star's work.

Good I was waiting for someone with a credible opinion on the shop to chime in. This is good to hear because I also have never had work done by 5 star but i have heard people speak highly of them before.

Rogue
01-12-2009, 10:07 PM
This thread is weird. It seems as if you are the one really upset for the work the previous owner paid for which in turn really has nothing to do with you b/c you have gotten a so called "deal". Like Troll said, I would be praising that I got the car on a deal. Id rather put a little bit of time in and fix the mistakes than sit on the internet and bitch about how I got a car for cheap and the work was hacked. Isn't this an oxymoron??

x2 and ibtl?

Rogue
01-12-2009, 10:11 PM
oh and did i mention they do great body work? got my body work done for half the price of what other people will ask you for

omgjacki
01-12-2009, 10:32 PM
First of all, if you do all of your own work, why did you buy a swapped car? If you did it for the parts, why are you bitching that the wiring is ****ed up?

Do you know anything about Five Stars personally or are you just going by this car that you bought off of your friend? Everyone I know goes to Five Stars for work and know Pete, Bea, Brian and all of them on a personal level. I have never heard a bad thing about them.

Like Emdot said, how do you know your friend didn't **** with the wiring and try to place blame on them? I'm sorry but I highly doubt a complete swap from them was as incomplete as you say it is. These guys are perfectionists and this is not the type of work they do.

bmatyeah
01-12-2009, 10:36 PM
someone show someone from 5 star this thread!

DriftNasty180sx
01-12-2009, 11:02 PM
5 star is trash i dont care what i paid for the car i would of paid 55, but as far as a shop goes they suck and do horrible work and charge way to much for them not even to soder the ****ing wires.or mount the ecu

AH YO relax son! All we see here is you blowing hot air. 5 STARS has too much of a good name and there is no way in hell you are gonna mess that name up. I was part of the original 5 Star crew and we took pride in what we did and we did it not so much for the money but more just cause we loved doing swaps together. Trust me if you would have bought that from the SHOP directly then you wouldn't have this problem. If you like Buying hand me down 240sx thats all on you bro. In fact come to the shop show us i'll be glad to be there. Don't puff your chest on the forums bring it down 2nd Street in North Philly and prove it to 5 Stars...WE'LL VIDEO TAPE THE WHOLE THING..lol....is that what you want? for real? you want us to come at you like that?

NO BALLS
NO SHOW
YOUR MAD!:mad:

GAME OVER

NEXT!!!

DN_Sileighty
01-12-2009, 11:55 PM
wow this 180piggy is angry, why do I get the feelin that you just wanna bad mouth 5 stars. Oh yeah this is Bea from five stars auto. I never use butt connectors and always soldier all my connections on all my wiring jobs.
We do not do trashy wiring jobs, I personally do the swaps and wiring.
I always look over the cars before it leaves. and I do spend alot of time
Doing these swaps making sure they are perfected! But why don't you come
Down to north Philly on 2nd street and bad mouth me in front of five stars

Five Stars Auto
5141 North 2nd street
Phila. PA. 19120

www.fivestarsautor.com

OutToWinPAHC
01-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Well he hasn't even posted a pic of the car or the so called problems. No matter what you do, in any business, someone will dislike your work or association. Someone probably sold him this car and said it was professionally done and by 5 star. If the car was done by the shop then he would have gone another route. He and his friend would have gotten into the car and took it down to the shop and pointed out the problems and it would have been fixed. I think that is far from the actual case of what is really going on here.

5 star isn't your insurance billing get the money while you can shop. They are little guys who look out for other little guys. Pete did me a favor getting that front end and frame work done at the price he did it for. If I can say anything from experience it is they wont rob you.

Speaking of 5 star I need to stop down there to see if they can help me with my custom gauge cluster (fiber glassing). And I trust they can do it right.

2drStunner
01-13-2009, 07:43 AM
AH YO relax son! All we see here is you blowing hot air. 5 STARS has too much of a good name and there is no way in hell you are gonna mess that name up. I was part of the original 5 Star crew and we took pride in what we did and we did it not so much for the money but more just cause we loved doing swaps together. Trust me if you would have bought that from the SHOP directly then you wouldn't have this problem. If you like Buying hand me down 240sx thats all on you bro. In fact come to the shop show us i'll be glad to be there. Don't puff your chest on the forums bring it down 2nd Street in North Philly and prove it to 5 Stars...WE'LL VIDEO TAPE THE WHOLE THING..lol....is that what you want? for real? you want us to come at you like that?

NO BALLS
NO SHOW
YOUR MAD!:mad:

GAME OVER

NEXT!!!

wow this 180piggy is angry, why do I get the feelin that you just wanna bad mouth 5 stars. Oh yeah this is Bea from five stars auto. I never use butt connectors and always soldier all my connections on all my wiring jobs.

Five Stars Auto
5141 North 2nd street
Phila. PA. 19120

www.fivestarsautor.com

I agree that this kid sounds like a idiot and probably is wrong for blasting your guys name all over the place but...........your answer to that is. Come down to my shop and will talk face to face? WTF is that? Instead of saying it was or wasnt your work or let us look at and will tell you if we did it. You call him out? Doesnt sound so professional to me. :bigeek:

jdmwill
01-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Five Stars Auto
5141 North 2nd street
Phila. PA. 19120

www.fivestarsautor.com

^^^^^^
1.) thats the info you need to resolve this issue?

2.) why wont you post pictures of this mess, are you scared of us knowing what car it is?

3.) oh yeah this just happened.

our answer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdUqv5W1pEQ

CleanNeon98
01-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Haha, awesome video will

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL3a33nWJVc&feature=related

I don't have experience dealing with 5star, but I've seen their cars and heard good things about them...just me.

R22B
01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
It seems to me that your friend did it all himself and knew he half-assed it and tried to pawn it off for a good deal. BTW, its easy to create fake receipts.

If the deal seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

Five Stars Auto
5141 North 2nd street
Phila. PA. 19120

www.fivestarsautor.com

Well, maybe so. But really, saying this crap when you work there is just bad business practice man. I'd get pissed to, but threatening them over a message board is very unprofessional. You had numerous people backing up Five Star Auto craftsmanship and you just made them all look like asses by saying what you said.

Subie_sleeper
01-13-2009, 01:03 PM
I agree that this kid sounds like a idiot and probably is wrong for blasting your guys name all over the place but...........your answer to that is. Come down to my shop and will talk face to face? WTF is that? Instead of saying it was or wasnt your work or let us look at and will tell you if we did it. You call him out? Doesnt sound so professional to me. :bigeek:

I have to agree. Calling people out is a little childish. No it's a LOT childish. Sure I'd be pissed at some borderline illiterate nut slandering my shops reputation, but an implied physical threat is not called for. Legal action against him maybe.

180sxpiggy
01-13-2009, 01:50 PM
ok first off that swap was done 3 years ago so i dont know who was working there at the time but thats besides the point. but 5 star did do the swap and its ****ed up. the reciept i have is from 5 star but its old and faded all i could read is the date. and that was 3/13/07 and the total came to 3,364 so use this for your records. also i dont really give a **** what you say they did the swap and thats all that matters. so you can keep talking **** all you want its not going to make me mad and as far as being "childish" you tube videos are great lol i mean how old are you guys and dont you know thats against the law? legal action will be taken soon enough so go on keep the **** you said on the thread and the video up i dont give a **** it would be better for my police report. and no matter what you guys say on this thread its not going to change my views on 5 star automotive

Subie_sleeper
01-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Ummm. Your police report???? WTF do you have to report? You have been trashing an establishment that you never even did buisness with. That is slander/libel on YOUR PART I'm not sure which category your rants fall into so I put both. You never gave them a dime and just admitted that the receipt was from a long time ago. Hypothetically now... Could there have been an old employee there that no longer works there because he/she was not doing their job well enough? You never even gave the shop a chance. Where are your e-mails back and forth from them? You know ... the ones where you calmly asked if they remember the car and what they did to it.... if they can look at it to see if it was messed up by someone after it left the shop..... if they'd be willing to straighten it out for free or at a discounted rate because they know the car...? Hmmmmm. Didn't bother did you??? You have the right to your opinion. Believe it or not though even though we're in good ol USA you do NOT have the right to trash a person or corporation without just cause. They could sue you. Not that they'd bother. You got burned by someone. We don't know who. Your buddy... the shop.... Elvis.. or little green men. Deal with it. It's probably way too late but if you cool down and talk to the guys maybe yhey'll overlook your...... overbearing reaction to a used car you bought from someone other than them and try to sort it out for you. :mrgreen:

TROLL
01-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Please do take this to court and let us know how that goes, haha.

There are so many things I could comment on but I really don't think thats a good use of my time. Just know that the way that you present yourself greatly affects the way people will respond... and I think its pretty clear that the behavior you're exhibiting here leaves a lot of room for improvement.

And to 5 Stars... heard good things about you guys but I agree... calling someone out on the internet? Not professional and not the kind of business I would want to deal with.

180sxpiggy
01-13-2009, 02:40 PM
there is nothing wrong with my opinion and im free to voice it so it stands. yeah the reciept is old but it came from there and i dont give a **** if he still does work there or if he left years ago the work was done there. and no i wont ask them for any help so they can **** this **** up even more. and there are laws on what your allowed to post on the internet and as far as what i wrote i did not cross any lines. but on their side they threatened me so thats the problem i did not threaten any of them .so im not worried about that and also i dont care that i bought it used i dont care that it had problems. all i care about is that a "professional" buisness/shop did the previous work dont matter if i bought it second hand.they swaped it he paid took it home and parked it and got another car. wasent after he sold it to me that he and i realized all the problems......and i know this kid well he did not beat me i wasent mad at him and what i bought i was mad that he took it to a shop to get it done and they still messed it up. he was just as mad as i am when i told him about the ecu mess let alone the brackets werent even on the ecu.....as far as the thread goes for me i just wanted to state my opinion which i did and got a ton of laughs out of the people on this fourm. maybe 5 star does good work i dont know nor do i give a **** but on 3/13/07 they did ****ty work. and from what i had to deal with they will never get my buisness so thats it for me on this thread have fun

TalonTsi97
01-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Me and 180sxpiggy talked through pm's and we are straightened everything out. Like i said good luck with the car, hopefully everything works out for you.

emdot
01-13-2009, 03:02 PM
wow. that was really hard to read. but besides that, can you at the very least post some pictures up of your claim?

DC2.2GSR
01-13-2009, 04:07 PM
i've got to agree with some of the people here (pg. 3) and say that this guy is out of line and is completely talking out of his ass, but honestly i have no respect for someone who handles business in the way that Five Stars has handled this situation in this thread. answering a childish post with a handful of childish posts yourselves does nothing positive. every business is going to piss someone off somewhere along the line. it's going to happen. you're going to cross someone's wires (no pun intended) and there is going to be a negative review.

if you (Five Stars Auto) are so certain that you did nothing wrong and did this guy's swap correctly, then answering his ridiculous posts with professionalism will do wonders for your reputation. stand behind your work like adults and offer to help resolve the situation, whether that includes simply explaining to him (privately) that you cannot be help responsible for his car or actually working with him to fix his car... it doesn't matter. that's how professionals resolve issues. you guys, however, have acted like idiots and responded to him with threats and a childish YouTube "rant" video.

i can't believe that a suposedly reputable business would respond how you guys have. congratulations, you've convinced at least one of us to never consider sending any work your way. and yes, i realize that since you've all exhibited such professionalism already, you'll laugh off my post and rant about how you don't care what one person thinks. make a video for me too, i feel left out.

R22B
01-13-2009, 05:43 PM
i've got to agree with some of the people here (pg. 3) and say that this guy is out of line and is completely talking out of his ass, but honestly i have no respect for someone who handles business in the way that Five Stars has handled this situation in this thread. answering a childish post with a handful of childish posts yourselves does nothing positive. every business is going to piss someone off somewhere along the line. it's going to happen. you're going to cross someone's wires (no pun intended) and there is going to be a negative review.

if you (Five Stars Auto) are so certain that you did nothing wrong and did this guy's swap correctly, then answering his ridiculous posts with professionalism will do wonders for your reputation. stand behind your work like adults and offer to help resolve the situation, whether that includes simply explaining to him (privately) that you cannot be help responsible for his car or actually working with him to fix his car... it doesn't matter. that's how professionals resolve issues. you guys, however, have acted like idiots and responded to him with threats and a childish YouTube "rant" video.

i can't believe that a suposedly reputable business would respond how you guys have. congratulations, you've convinced at least one of us to never consider sending any work your way. and yes, i realize that since you've all exhibited such professionalism already, you'll laugh off my post and rant about how you don't care what one person thinks. make a video for me too, i feel left out.

Well, I have no idea who FSA is but the persons response kind of did the same for me, too.

I'd hate to take my car there and have a problem after I get it back... I might get punched or something from a worker :bigeek:

Vr-4-Life
01-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks dick, i wasn't talking ****. I've owned my talon for over 6 years and have not had it break down or give me any problems and that's the truth. Any one of my cars will beat your pos 240 so i don't know wtf your talking about. Have fun with you $4k ****box. Hope the wheels or motor don't fall out when you pull a tokyo drift in a parking lot.

I just got staired at for busting out laughing at work in quiet office...

ROFL and thanks for the embarassment

DN_Sileighty
01-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Driftnasty180 and jdmwill are not from five stars so no one from five stars is threaten any one I would like to see the car in person I wouldn't mind repairing any of it, but it's been along time who knows who else worked on the car and probably lefted the mess there

DriftNasty180sx
01-13-2009, 07:49 PM
The ONLY original member that does the swaps now is BEA. I moved on and Brian does the body work with his dad now. Those were the only people there. None of us want to bash this guys face. But he should be a man and come to us and explain everything. If we were gonna say we wanted to kick his ass then we would have said it. BUT WE DIDN'T.We may be a wild bunch but we know where to draw the line. Listen this is simple. This dude will come down to the shop. We set there and listen to him and then we begin to interrogate and find out the truth. Truth is, you have a WEAK argument and the 240sx that you speak of could have been tampered with. You have NO PROOF that no one else touch that swap. If you would have came to us PROPER maybe we could have hooked you up (we are known for that). Plus, the way you trash the shop will never get you respect anywhere. THIS LITTLE argument isn't gonna hurt the shop at all. This is only one forum my friend. And most of the business that came to the shop and still does is not cause of the forums.......WORD OF MOUTH AND TRUST IS WHAT DID IT FOR US.....

POLICE REPORT?:rofl::rotfl:

your mad? for serious?:mrgreen:

smokey240sx
01-13-2009, 08:04 PM
I got my swap done by 5 star on 1-21-06 and its still running great. So far I put about 40,000mi on the car since.

smokey240sx
01-13-2009, 08:10 PM
This is the first pic I took of the swap.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5438/picture0062bv.jpg

omgjacki
01-13-2009, 08:11 PM
<--- Drooling...

SUPRARICE87
01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
I GUESS the used car came with a 3 year warenty. that sounds fair to me:o
i think.

Vr-4-Life
01-13-2009, 09:23 PM
This is the first pic I took of the swap.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5438/picture0062bv.jpg

Um that looks pretty clean.

OutToWinPAHC
01-13-2009, 09:55 PM
5 star did this for me

Before... http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/outtowinpahc/240SX/P1090191.jpg
After http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/outtowinpahc/240SX/P1010841-1.jpg

No complaints the amount of work done for the price paid was a steal. (welded in S15 core that was zip tied on. custom cut and made S13 to S15 tension rod brackets, Fixed the rotted frame rail, Patched the rusted spot on the floor and seat bracket, then made the unfitting fiberglass fit). The quoted price is what I paid no gimmicks, and Pete quoted my price off of what he saw in photos.

smokey240sx
01-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Here is another of 5 star job. Z33 seats.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8518/dsc02344zt6.jpg

Still waiting for the 5stars sponsorship..........:mrgreen:

don't mind the clutters I was in the middle of a project.

TROLL
01-13-2009, 10:48 PM
This thread makes me want to give 5 Stars some business... haha. That LS6 looks sick...

OutToWinPAHC
01-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh they didn't do the swap, just the S15 conversion on the front and frame rail work.

jdmwill
01-14-2009, 12:08 AM
ok piggy or anthony starkus just to let you know my name is willie ortega. i do not hide behind my screen name nor do the guys from fivestars. last time i checked you could drive right up to their shop, where peter and his wife greet you. normally with a pepsi or some awesome chicken wings. they do not hide behind the net and talk mad s**t about other people. as far as i could tell you never even bothered to talk to them about the cituation, and thats low in my book.

as for you, you still have not posted picture of said work. now i could tell the work was done three years ago. come on dude do you know what could happen in three years in the life of the car.

as for the video its hilarious how smokey happened to walk in exactly when i was going to post my reply. its a small world i guess.

by the way im dont work for fivestar either they're just some really good friends with a great following for working on cars.

jjm4life
01-14-2009, 12:20 AM
haha troll i was thinking the same thing. i just google mapped their location. only 7 miles away from me. might give them a call about the body work i want done.

Rogue
01-14-2009, 03:06 AM
so i guess 180piggy got burnt?

AnthonyJDM
01-14-2009, 10:51 AM
I stumbled upon this thread for the first time this morning .I'm only here to say that i've only seen good work from Five Star. I've known them for 5 years, ever since i came to Philly from NY and have heard nothing but good things about them.
I've been working for a JDM importer since '05 and have sent them a ton of work and never got any complaints about it. Everything from SR20DET swaps to front end conversions, NOT ONE COMPLAINT!!!
Nick's , owner of ELITE IMPORTS, car is there now getting painted. Do you think he would let his prize RHD Silvia get worked on anyone but the best!!??? I don't think so.
Piggy, no matter how long ago that swap was done , you went about it the wrong way. If you look at other people's review of other shops there is always some kind off attempt made by the customer to talk to the shop. And i know that the guys at 5 Star would have help in some kind of way. My question is ,wouldn't your friend have noticed something was wrong with the car when he got it. Even if he did take it straight home and never drove it again.
There could also be the possibility that your friend didn't have enough money to pay them to do the job right and just had enough money to get the car outta the shop. Ever think of that. I've also seen that happen plenty of times.

Kaleo55
01-14-2009, 11:16 AM
This thread really makes me mad, the OP ranted and raved for the whole first page and basically making slanderous statements about an organization and business he never did business with or knows anyone who works there. He talks about the friend (whom has not said anything yet) whom he bought the car from, whom had a swap done by 5-Stars, whom allegedly did sloppy work, three years ago, for which he has not produced, alleged receipt. The OP, besides having really poor writing skills, also has serious anger issues, which seem to be entirely misdirected. Others have tried to calm him down to no avail, and he continues to make slanderous remarks about a company he has had NO business dealing with.

I too as a small business owner would be pretty damned angry if some ONE, was making slanderous remarks about my company on the internet, in a forum that targets my audience. The 240SX community is a fairly tight knit group, and everyone pretty much knows someone who knows someone that does performance 240SX mods, here in Philly, NJ, MD and even NY.

I personally know the guys at 5-Stars, and they are all stand-up guys and will work with just about anyone that need help. I understand Bea's response as he does much of the work there, and I do NOT believe he threatened any one let alone the OP. He simply stated, "But why don't you come
Down to north Philly on 2nd street and bad mouth me in front of five stars" which was to me a question, and even an invitation to resolve the issue.

See, Bea takes it personally when you attack the work they (5-Stars) do because he has integrity. So I don't know who this OP is but he should be a lot more careful about what and how he says things about a respected business in this community. This will not do anything to support your position or statements.

180sxpiggy
01-14-2009, 11:51 AM
listen I fixed the problem and its done with I was mad when I found out 5 star did it and I got mad and took it to far my apologies to five star and every one employed there 3 years is a long time so I don't know what happened maybe this kiid did lie to me but whatever im calm now and I apologize you can accept or not don't matter to me but I still have to say it

OutToWinPAHC
01-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Big of you 180sxpiggy. I am glad you now see why people may have also reacted the way they did, because there were other ways to handle it. But I hope there is no animosity there. Philadelphia is a great city to own a S-Chassis in. There are good guys and shops who will help you out and not rob you. I don't run a Nissan motorset, but I have had my help from the Philly 240 scene.

Best of luck with the car, I hope your apologies are accepted by the guys, and hopefully when you get it fixed we can see your car sometime.

J2i5
01-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Moderators.. please close thread.

/thread. kthx.

jdmwill
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
i agree with kev, big of you anthony to know your mistakes and learn from them. now it time for you to give mr.peter and bea a call and explain yourself to them. im pretty sure they would listen and still offer to help you. at least thats what i would do if i was in your shoes bro.

like kev and kal said, the 240 community is a small tight bunch and we are always willing to give each other a helping hand. thats one thing that attracted me to it.

mods close thread after the guys from fivestars have a chance to reply to anthony "piggy" apology.

will

DN_Sileighty
01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
I totally accept piggys apology. I do respect piggy much more now. Stop by anytime if you have any questions just hit me up, I don't mind chatting for a couple mins.

Bea