PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tune via mac boot camp?

ho1ywars
01-10-2009, 10:58 AM
I dont know much about computers, so i need some advice. My pc laptop just took a dump. Im really sick of PCs, long bootup, lag, everything, just sick of them. my girlfriend has a macbook and i love it. super speedy, light, batt lasts forever, and gets incredible internet range. the problem is im running aem ems on my nissan, and aem ems is only for windows. i hear and read about mac boot camp... but was just wondering if anyone else is using boot camp to run stand alone.

to sum up, who is using boot camp to tune their car and how is it working out?

Vr-4-Life
01-11-2009, 01:46 AM
boot camp wont matter. running windows on a macbook is just like running windows on anyother x86 compatable PC

i can tune in linux heh

lagos
01-11-2009, 02:43 AM
I dont know much about computers, so i need some advice. My pc laptop just took a dump. Im really sick of PCs, long bootup, lag, everything, just sick of them. my girlfriend has a macbook and i love it. super speedy, light, batt lasts forever, and gets incredible internet range. the problem is im running aem ems on my nissan, and aem ems is only for windows. i hear and read about mac boot camp... but was just wondering if anyone else is using boot camp to run stand alone.

to sum up, who is using boot camp to tune their car and how is it working out?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. That super high end "Mac" is really a "PC". Once you install windows, you just plug your ems into the usb port and it will work just like any other PC.

Bootcamp is just apples fancy marketing trying to help setup a dual boot system in a user friendly way. Every single computer can already do this, and you can even run OSX on your "PC".

Vr-4-Life
01-11-2009, 02:29 PM
but macs are just so pretty

Chris
01-13-2009, 10:26 AM
but macs are just so pretty

and 4 times as expensive :wink: