PDA

View Full Version : Cooling fan

BigWhiteTodd
12-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Ok I just picked up a 92 gsr, well then had the wired to on all the time like when you turn the key the fan comes on. My question is it has all the wires and nothing cut besides the wires on the sensor to the thremastat housin that is the fan switch right? Well connected alll that and connected everything up. So I'm waitin for the fan to kick nothing even after driving it yes I checked fuses and all that so what coukd it be? Also the car never goes past half way. Yes before you give me a hard time I know my sentence skills suck.

MTuning
12-28-2008, 05:00 PM
run it parked. my fans never kicks in during the winter time, this is a boosted setup also. all the cold air when driving cools it enough so let it sit running.

BigWhiteTodd
12-28-2008, 05:34 PM
I did it never went pass half way an never kicked on. I had is sit for like about an hour.

07NHBPCivicSi
12-28-2008, 07:31 PM
check ur fan relay...and ur fan should come on go drive for like 30 min...and sit for like 5 min it should come on.....if it doesent then i duno...you should test it today its 60 out

DC2.2GSR
12-28-2008, 09:30 PM
my friend's S13 had the same problem.. the temp would rise to normal op temp but the FAL fans would never come on. we got really worried because RB25 is notorious for overheating problems. turns out that the adjustable fan control was set for 240 degrees! we turned the fan control down and now they kick on at 190. your fan setup might have an adjustable controller somewhere that needs setting or it might just be a non-adjustable fan controller that's set too high.

also think about the fact that you may just be staying within a reasonable temp without the fans running at all. another of my friends had a DC2 integra KOYO rad in his 98 civic with a GSR swap.. that car struggled to get warm enough for it to even go into VTEC. the KOYO was almost too much.

BigWhiteTodd
12-29-2008, 12:46 AM
thanks i think its not gettin that hot so im changin the fluids and stat an sensor

TurboSi
12-30-2008, 06:21 PM
did you try eliminating the relay?

BigWhiteTodd
12-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah fan works