12-11-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm looking for a new DD/autox/track car. I have the following in my list:

300ZX TT
3000GT TT
240SX
IS300
MKIV Supra NA
94+ Integra

The Integra is the only FWD car on the list. It may be the best choice for DD purposes- reliable, roomy(ier) than the others, fwd (for snow). My question is, how much better is the Type R over the GSR? These cars will be mostly stock with minor bolt ons (exhaust/intake). I've always loved the ITR, but it's double the price of a GSR.

Opinions?

Thanks!

jdm free
12-11-2008, 02:18 PM
ITR has better suspension, 5 lug, more chassis rigidity(no sunroof), little nicer interior(amber guages/radio, faux cf, seats), higher compression motor. larger tb, single port im, upgraded internals, upgraded exhaust. the gsr is just as good tho. i kept up with R's with my relatively stock gsr. but the itr would definitely better out of the box for auto-x

twastheglow
12-11-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm certainly not a Honda expert by any means, but I know the rarity/exclusivity of the ITR helps drive the prices up.

pearl
12-11-2008, 02:20 PM
for a dd, get the gsr. as a second car, id get the type r. you dont want to drive something like that and leave it on a side street and have it be gone. hell, even with a gsr the chance of it getting bagged is good, but not as high as with a R.

for a dd, the gsr is fine. just keep tabs on it.

jdm free
12-11-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm certainly not a Honda expert by any means, but I know the rarity/exclusivity of the ITR helps drive the prices up.

i figured that was a given, and they are definitely more expensive to insure, and higher risks of it getting stolen.

i also forgot to add that the itr tranny is different, and also has LSD.

jdm free
12-11-2008, 02:23 PM
for a dd, get the gsr. as a second car, id get the type r. you dont want to drive something like that and leave it on a side street and have it be gone. hell, even with a gsr the chance of it getting bagged is good, but not as high as with a R.

for a dd, the gsr is fine. just keep tabs on it.

i never had a problem with my gsr..parked it in some of the most shadiest spots throughout the city and elsewhere. i would DD an R, but id also have full coverage on it.

twastheglow
12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
i figured that was a given

Sorry. :o

pearl
12-11-2008, 02:24 PM
i forget not everyone lives in central nj :(

namdoogwerdna
12-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I'd go with GSR for DD purposes. Even a 4door GSR wouldn't be toooo bad. With the money you save by not ballin for a type R you can put into the motor/suspension to make it perform just as well. Plus you get the convenience of power windows, etc.

marshallpre1
12-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks guys, I've driven my brother's 94 LS and it's pretty good. It's also 10X roomier than my supra. The GSR seems to be a winner. If I got an ITR, people would prolly bash me for DDing it LOL.

Yellow ITRs FTW :)

Best Integra site/forum?

pearl
12-11-2008, 03:01 PM
honda-tech.com

:hammer:

Vr-4-Life
12-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Get a gsr with LSD and save money lol

pearl
12-11-2008, 05:36 PM
ORRRR

get a RS since its the lightest one y0!

DC2.2GSR
12-12-2008, 12:43 AM
Thanks guys, I've driven my brother's 94 LS and it's pretty good. It's also 10X roomier than my supra. The GSR seems to be a winner. If I got an ITR, people would prolly bash me for DDing it LOL.

Yellow ITRs FTW :)

Best Integra site/forum?

best Integra site? Team-Integra.net for sure. If you want to tough it out and sift through the garbage then check out honda-tech.com, superhonda.com, etc.

as far as the choice between models, there's no way in hell i'd recommend a Type R for daily driving. these guys above me have told you all the main reasons a GSR with bolt ons would be better, including theft. because of it's theft-magnet status, insurance rates on an R would be much higher then the already high GSR.

also, you get the annoyance and higher price of buying R specific parts. you can't just look on forums for good deals on random integra upgrade parts.. the R is unique. different suspension, brakes, sway bars, rear lower control arms, 5 lug wheels, etc etc. those things all have to be bought specifically for the type r. if that doesn't bother you, well it's no big deal then.

personaly i see nothing special about the Type R. i'm of the belief that it has earned it's nickname of "Hype-R". prices get driven up by rarity and hype, that's all. for about the price of a stock type R, you could buy an LS or even a GSR, buy a B18C5 swap and all the aftermarket goodies you wanted. but, then again.. some people sh*t themselves over the need to have the OEM Type R sticker on the quarter panel.

read a bunch of the articles on team-integra and you'll learn a lot about the model differences and what your options are.

CHR!S
12-12-2008, 12:49 AM
as far as an integra type-r is concerned... you will be spending 2-3x as much as you would for a gsr in similar condition, and your insurance rates will be through the roof since theyre extremely sought after by thieves.

dt98gsr
12-12-2008, 01:00 AM
i never had a problem with my gsr..parked it in some of the most shadiest spots throughout the city and elsewhere. i would DD an R, but id also have full coverage on it.

Almost had my GSR stolen twice. I love tegs but I would definitely not daily drive an R, I don't care where you live. And I definitely wouldn't feel comfortable jsut because I had full coverage.

And I agree with what DC2.2GSR and Chris had to say. Definitely check out Team-Integra for Integra specific info and just get a GSR.

marecco
12-12-2008, 12:59 PM
def the gsr especially if besides dding the car you will be Auto-Xing it like you said. that means your gonna wanna get set up with some upgraded suspension etc so they advantages in the type r suspension wont be as prevelant. the gsr motor will take bolt ons well just as the type r would and if you can get one with an lsd or put an lsd in it would be even better. i dont think i would ever daily a type r. i have a hard time leaving my del sit anywhere without worrying about it or some part being taken.

marshallpre1
12-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys! Right now, my choices are down to the GSR, 240SX, and just added, GSX. They are all around my price range, I don't care much for miles, as I don't mind doing maintenance work. My corolla has 154K and running like a champ, but I need a more fun daily car. The 240 sounds really good (it'll help me become a better RWD driver) but reliability or dd'ing during snow storms would suck.

I'll check out team-integra.net.

Thanks!!!

Keeper1343
12-12-2008, 10:26 PM
For a track and auto-x car I was going to say Miata, but it is definately not a good DD and I wouldn't reccomend it as one. GSR from that list would be my suggestion for all-around use.

Cleanneon98 posting from Keeper1343's account.

marshallpre1
12-12-2008, 10:30 PM
For a track and auto-x car I was going to say Miata, but it is definately not a good DD and I wouldn't reccomend it as one. GSR from that list would be my suggestion for all-around use.

Cleanneon98 posting from Keeper1343's account.

The miata was considered (I love em), but unfortunately as you said CN, it's not good for hauling anything else around

marshallpre1
12-17-2008, 12:16 PM
My search has begun, but I won't be purchasing one until the Supra build is complete (so basically next spring). Anyways, are there any model years to avoid?

Keeper1343
12-17-2008, 12:32 PM
not really. They are basically all of the same. I personally would buy one with a blown motor. Then build the motor mildly. 230 HP in a daily driven integra is fast enough. I don't know how much power you want in the DD but 230 is plenty if your not trying to run 12's or lower.

DC2.2GSR
12-17-2008, 12:47 PM
yeah not really any models to avoid, but there are a few that are usually preferred. most of the time people look for the 98-01 models. with those years of the GSR, you'll get better leather seats (soft instead of the hard leather), an "A" logo steering wheel instead of "Acura", all red taillights, different headlights front bumper, and rear bumper, different side mirrors, a smaller/lighter/better ABS system, GSR blades istead of fat 5's (wheels), and a few other little details. if those things don't matter to you, then don't worry about model year.

in my case, i bought a 95 shell and i've been scrounging around to find all the 98+ parts. yeah it was cheaper to start with, but i'll end up paying the same in the long run.

marshallpre1
12-17-2008, 02:22 PM
not really. They are basically all of the same. I personally would buy one with a blown motor. Then build the motor mildly. 230 HP in a daily driven integra is fast enough. I don't know how much power you want in the DD but 230 is plenty if your not trying to run 12's or lower.

Thanks, but the stock 170 is plenty for me. So I have really no intentions on building it up other than bolt ons. My DD is a Corolla, so it'll be a lot better than what I have now.

yeah not really any models to avoid, but there are a few that are usually preferred. most of the time people look for the 98-01 models. with those years of the GSR, you'll get better leather seats (soft instead of the hard leather), an "A" logo steering wheel instead of "Acura", all red taillights, different headlights front bumper, and rear bumper, different side mirrors, a smaller/lighter/better ABS system, GSR blades istead of fat 5's (wheels), and a few other little details. if those things don't matter to you, then don't worry about model year.

in my case, i bought a 95 shell and i've been scrounging around to find all the 98+ parts. yeah it was cheaper to start with, but i'll end up paying the same in the long run.

Thanks, the only thing I noticed is that I really don't like the JDM fronts, I like the 4 headlights :)

jdm free
12-17-2008, 02:34 PM

97 gsr has the "ls" mesh/webs wheels

Keeper1343
12-17-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks, but the stock 170 is plenty for me. So I have really no intentions on building it up other than bolt ons. My DD is a Corolla, so it'll be a lot better than what I have now.

Thanks, the only thing I noticed is that I really don't like the JDM fronts, I like the 4 headlights :)

you said for track use too thats y i said 230 HP

TurboGSR96
12-20-2008, 04:24 PM
best Integra site? Team-Integra.net for sure. If you want to tough it out and sift through the garbage then check out honda-tech.com, superhonda.com, etc.

haha TI is a quack, the largest database of Honda information in the world is Honda-tech.com, not to mention 200k+members, TI is full of politially correct tight asses that have nothing better to do than edit or delete posts and threaten to ban you.

I use to own an ITR, its an amazing machine just not worth the risk of DD'ing it, every day you should be prepared to walk outside and see an empty parking space.

jdm free
12-20-2008, 05:37 PM
haha TI is a quack, the largest database of Honda information in the world is Honda-tech.com, not to mention 200k+members, TI is full of politially correct tight asses that have nothing better to do than edit or delete posts and threaten to ban you.

I use to own an ITR, its an amazing machine just not worth the risk of DD'ing it, every day you should be prepared to walk outside and see an empty parking space.

t-i sucks in the forum aspect but it has some good diy's in the article section. very useful for taking stuff apart. i was banned from there for a month because i put my xbox for sale in the fs forum...they are lame

DC2.2GSR
12-20-2008, 11:22 PM

you guys are both right, T-I is definitely a pain in the ass especially if you're there to socialize and make random posts but as far as cut-and-dry information goes.. definitely one of the best. it's the best organized by far. Honda-Tech is a complete joke. finding any reliable information is next to impossible. all of my research for my H swap was useless. hell, any research there is useless. the FAQ's are seemingly organized, but when you click anything, it leads to a random thread in which the issue *may* have been mentioned.. it's up to you to search for 20 min to find it. H-T has 200k members, but 75% of them don't have the ability to produce a coherent thought.

jdm free
12-20-2008, 11:25 PM
you guys are both right, T-I is definitely a pain in the ass especially if you're there to socialize and make random posts but as far as cut-and-dry information goes.. definitely one of the best. it's the best organized by far. Honda-Tech is a complete joke. finding any reliable information is next to impossible. all of my research for my H swap was useless. hell, any research there is useless. the FAQ's are seemingly organized, but when you click anything, it leads to a random thread in which the issue *may* have been mentioned.. it's up to you to search for 20 min to find it. H-T has 200k members, but 75% of them don't have the ability to produce a coherent thought.

i cant stand h-t. the faqs are exactly like u say and pretty bad. ive never gotten any real info. most of the members are all about phaze2 people.

TurboGSR96
12-21-2008, 07:39 PM
I cant think of one thing that I learned from TI, everything I know I learned off H-Tech

highmilehatch
12-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Then build the motor mildly. 230 HP in a daily driven integra is fast enough. I don't know how much power you want in the DD but 230 is plenty if your not trying to run 12's or lower.

If you want that much power it would be wise to use an LS crank with the 89mm stroke. P30 pistons. Hytech copy headers. ITR or skunk2 IM. ITR TB. Should be able to hit that with 93 octane. That could hit 12s in a DC2 chassis with the right driver and slicks.

TurboGSR96
12-25-2008, 01:58 AM
If you want that much power it would be wise to use an LS crank with the 89mm stroke. P30 pistons. Hytech copy headers. ITR or skunk2 IM. ITR TB. Should be able to hit that with 93 octane. That could hit 12s in a DC2 chassis with the right driver and slicks.

Not to mention a bare minumum of Stg 2 Cams and a 12:1 comp, even then i still think 230whp is asking too much.

Keeper1343
12-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Toda vtec killer cams FTW hhaa.

2001teg
12-28-2008, 12:26 AM
I would personally go with something other than an integra. I own one, and like the guy about said prepair to walk out to an empty parking spot every time you go somewhere. Dont get me wrong I love my DC2 but its already been stolen once with a bunch of kill switches. (they pushed it) Having to worry about where your going/leaving it parked is a major pain in the ass.

K20EF9
12-28-2008, 06:06 AM

That setup won't make 180whp let alone 230whp and it would probably run 14s

marshallpre1
12-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks for all the comments. Theft sucks

Keeper1343
12-29-2008, 08:01 PM
That setup won't make 180whp let alone 230whp and it would probably run 14s

Thank god some one else was thinking the same thing. the setup would be good for about 190. But with no headwork or major bottom end work, thats impossible.

99civicsibrian
01-06-2009, 12:12 AM
The Type R would probably let you run in stock-classes when you Auto-X and would dance around the GSR. I've driven both, I prefer the Type R even though it doesn't have the moon roof.
B

oneslowxa
01-06-2009, 01:05 AM
230 hp out of an all motor teg that runs low 13's high 12's is hardly reliable and not fun that fun to DD on the street with the idle surge, lack of sound deadening and supports...

OT
99civicsibrian, do you have/had a ebp si that used to be from the lancaster area?

dragonfly2k3
01-07-2009, 01:34 AM
230 is really pushing an all motor gsr build while maintaning reliability. I think you'll be ok for a dd with a gsr, plus the cash saved is more money towards the supra. I never understood dumping a ton of money into a dd when you have a project car at home.

TurboGSR96
01-07-2009, 02:41 AM
230 hp out of an all motor teg that runs low 13's high 12's is hardly reliable and not fun that fun to DD on the street with the idle surge, lack of sound deadening and supports...

OT
99civicsibrian, do you have/had a ebp si that used to be from the lancaster area?

Sounds like a tuning issue, a well tuned car wont do what you just said. And you dont have to gut the car, it will still turn solid mid-low 13's full weight.

A guy that lives locally to me has about 220-230 on Evans dyno in his NA teg and he drives it all the time, drove it all the way down to MIR for the Imports vs Domestic and then won his class and drove back home, thats pretty reliable if you ask me.

K20EF9
01-08-2009, 02:51 PM
I daily drive my NA b20vtec build with no problems.

With a good tune on any motor there should be no problems if it was done right.

That setup dude listed though probably wouldn't even make 180whp, so I don't know why for all this talk.

marshallpre1
01-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanks for all the responses guys. I'm looking around, but I know I can't pull the trigger until my Supra project is done or get a good amount of dollars for my 'rolla

NoLeftTurn
01-09-2009, 06:42 PM
my buddy had both a gsr then a type r, and i think he felt more comfortable with the gsr as a daily driver mainly because with the type r he's paranoid about it getting stolen. granted the type r is probably one of the best fwd cars i've driven but man, as they say, owning a type r is like a dream. wake up and its gone lol

s2k-stig
01-12-2009, 11:36 PM
there is a big diff between driving a stock gsr to a stock ITR . ITR is amazing it just is so balanced. but i really wont do much to a ITR cause its a classic you cant just bolt crap on it cause 1 you ruin it and 2 you upset balance of car. a gsr do what ever the heck you want to i dont care

BigWhiteTodd
01-13-2009, 12:40 AM
200 all motor no bad kid will on here has 190 an he drives it every day.

CHR!S
01-13-2009, 04:19 PM
my friend mike had 205whp in his 1.8L gsr and he daily'd it. right now he's rebuilding it for 2.0L and aiming for 250whp. and he used to daily drive the car

chim64
01-13-2009, 05:41 PM
currently have a gsrswaped del sol with a type r head. So if you cant decide what you want just do a gsr build with the type r head. You will have the upgraded internals and it will be port and polished. Or you can get a gsr and do the port and polish and put type r cams in it it would be better. btw my cars for sale if you are still looking. its under the for sale thread.

99civicexsi
01-14-2009, 10:16 AM
for autocrossing you should look at crxs and keep a single cam in it youd be suprised at how good they are with the right stuff done to it and a gsr can beat a itr to me just get a gsr and youll be alot happier if you put toda cams in it and do some little stuff

marshallpre1
01-14-2009, 10:42 AM
currently have a gsrswaped del sol with a type r head. So if you cant decide what you want just do a gsr build with the type r head. You will have the upgraded internals and it will be port and polished. Or you can get a gsr and do the port and polish and put type r cams in it it would be better. btw my cars for sale if you are still looking. its under the for sale thread.

I can't find your thread....

Keeper1343
01-14-2009, 03:51 PM
type R is hyped up way too much. Its not that much better than a GSR. Brakes are different, sway bars are different, interior is different but nothing that can't be put into a GSR. I wouldn't stick with the stock brakes anyway. I would upgrade to legend brakes, and put the ASR package on the rear subframe with the 32mm Hollow sway

K20EF9
01-14-2009, 06:10 PM
type R is hyped up way too much. Its not that much better than a GSR. Brakes are different, sway bars are different, interior is different but nothing that can't be put into a GSR. I wouldn't stick with the stock brakes anyway. I would upgrade to legend brakes, and put the ASR package on the rear subframe with the 32mm Hollow sway

Mehh I disagree.

Engine is better
Trans has LSD which is better
A lot more options when it comes to wheels
Suspension is better

s2k-stig
01-14-2009, 10:26 PM
well i have to say im a rwd guy but the typr r handle great it would be a great auto cross car for sure

Keeper1343
01-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Mehh I disagree.

Engine is better
Trans has LSD which is better
A lot more options when it comes to wheels
Suspension is better

Cause we all know we race on stock suspensions. Engine isn't that much better haha. Ok the trans is LSD. thats a nice plus. And there are alot of wheels for both lug patterns.

chim64
01-15-2009, 01:31 AM
I can't find your thread....

Yeah they might have deleted it. They seemed to crack down on the 25 post thing this past week. I had more thne 25 post in hte for sale thread but nothing eles haha.. info on the car can be found on here http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2427004

The price hasnt been updated on it in a while.

K20EF9
01-15-2009, 03:21 AM
Cause we all know we race on stock suspensions. Engine isn't that much better haha. Ok the trans is LSD. thats a nice plus. And there are alot of wheels for both lug patterns.

We are comparing both as they come right..?

Because if not then why not just get an Integra Ls Shell, Swap a mildly built B20v in there, drop over $2000 on suspension mods, and call it a day...

marshallpre1
01-15-2009, 09:54 AM
We are comparing both as they come right..?

Because if not then why not just get an Integra Ls Shell, Swap a mildly built B20v in there, drop over $2000 on suspension mods, and call it a day...

This man brings up a good point.

marshallpre1
01-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah they might have deleted it. They seemed to crack down on the 25 post thing this past week. I had more thne 25 post in hte for sale thread but nothing eles haha.. info on the car can be found on here http://www.hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2427004

The price hasnt been updated on it in a while.

I'm sorry I'm not as big of a fan of Del Sol's :(

Keeper1343
01-15-2009, 10:30 AM
This man brings up a good point.

not really cause thats what i have been trying to say since the beginning. The ITR is just for the name. He obviously just backed my claim up that you can make something better than the ITR for alot less.... Thanks K20!.

The ITR is not worth the money....period. You wanted a daily driver/ autocross car. The ITR is more to buy in the first place, the insurance is higher, the parts are harder to find, people want to steal it. Just buy the GSR and go with that. Or do the LS shell with a swap. Either way is cheaper than a ITR

CHR!S
01-15-2009, 11:30 AM

dont forget that the type-r's entire unibody is stitch welded for increased rigidity.
and i guess you've never driven a type-r before then. ive driven both stock, and i can clearly say that the type-r is 10x better overall than the gsr. and in the end you still have a type-r, and not a gsr-wannabe-type-r.

the 32mm swaybar would promote so much oversteer for a street car that it would be unbearable, the 23mm bar is plenty.

if you're gonna keep the car stock and enjoy it and keep it safe, get the itr. if not, get a gsr/gs/ls/rs and mod that

K20EF9
01-15-2009, 01:28 PM
not really cause thats what i have been trying to say since the beginning. The ITR is just for the name. He obviously just backed my claim up that you can make something better than the ITR for alot less.... Thanks K20!.

The ITR is not worth the money....period. You wanted a daily driver/ autocross car. The ITR is more to buy in the first place, the insurance is higher, the parts are harder to find, people want to steal it. Just buy the GSR and go with that. Or do the LS shell with a swap. Either way is cheaper than a ITR

I never saw you say that, you were comparing the GSR to the ITR. Glad I could help your argument I guess.

I'd take an ITR over a swapped LS integra anyday, but thats just me.

DC2.2GSR
01-15-2009, 02:18 PM
dont forget that the type-r's entire unibody is stitch welded for increased rigidity.

no it's not. there's no special welding on the chassis at all. there are a few slight differences in metal thickness, but nothing else. all differences besides those spots of slightly thicker metal are bolt-on parts. the Type R chassis is basically identical in every way to an RS model.

the 32mm swaybar would promote so much oversteer for a street car that it would be unbearable, the 23mm bar is plenty.

that ASR 32mm sway bar is considered the best one on the market for Integras or Civics by far. the OEM USDM Type R sway bar is 22mm and the JDM is 23mm... those are both great options as well, but they're a different style of sway bar all together. the ASR one is hollow. i'm no suspension expert, but the best and brightest in the Integra community bow down to that ASR bar. i don't know the specifics, but if it caused nothing but oversteer then noone would recommend it.

Keeper1343
01-15-2009, 03:27 PM
I can't stand the ITR sway bar... Its not good enough. When i take my steering wheel and just turn it sideways at 50 MPH it couldn't hold up. The 32mm was the solution. And its not a big deal daily driven at all. I don't even notice it until i use it. The ITR does not have a special frame lol. That was a stupid remark. Certain places like the rear subframe is slightly thicker to accomodate the 23mm sway bar to prevent tear out. But once again that is solved with the ASR combo. No stock type r can even keep up with my H22 coupe in the turns... But its all cause of suspension work.

Keeper1343
01-15-2009, 03:32 PM
I never saw you say that, you were comparing the GSR to the ITR. Glad I could help your argument I guess.

I'd take an ITR over a swapped LS integra anyday, but thats just me.

I wasn't comparing the cars themselve... I was comparing the reasoning on which one to buy. This guy doesn't want a type R he wants a DD auto cross car on a low budget because he has another project he is finishing. Of course all the ITR fan boys are gonna say to go with the ITR. But he isn't going to be that happy when a GSR or LS smokes him. in a straight line or turns.

K20EF9
01-15-2009, 04:57 PM
I wasn't comparing the cars themselve... I was comparing the reasoning on which one to buy. This guy doesn't want a type R he wants a DD auto cross car on a low budget because he has another project he is finishing. Of course all the ITR fan boys are gonna say to go with the ITR. But he isn't going to be that happy when a GSR or LS smokes him. in a straight line or turns.

Well then maybe he shouldn't get a GSR or ITR and just find an Ls Shell and swap it.

gorabbit
01-15-2009, 06:14 PM

I cant say i agree with this either. chassis bracing as well as a stronger frame rails. and is anyone really going to want to drop that cash on the conversion. GSR's are more daily friendly. I want to get another car so i can garage my type r.

Keeper1343
01-16-2009, 01:15 AM
I cant say i agree with this either. chassis bracing as well as a stronger frame rails. and is anyone really going to want to drop that cash on the conversion. GSR's are more daily friendly. I want to get another car so i can garage my type r.

who told you that the frame rails are different??? They are the same. The subframe is different. Chassis bracing??? lol. By that i guess you mean strut bars??? Cause the ITR one isn't really that good. The 3 point Password JDM one is 10x's better.

marshallpre1
01-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Unfortunately I've put this purchase on hold...

I have just expanded my plans with my Supra so my beater car fund is now nonexistent... Maybe next fall :(

Stupid Supras and the power addiction that comes with them...

Good discussion though. I am still torn between the 240 and the GSR.

chim64
01-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Just test drive a type R and a gsr... See what you like better.. I believe for a daily driver just get a gsr fix up the suspension and you will have a decent car. If you get a type R i would mess with it 2 much. The value of them untouch is worth alot. Having said that, i would prob not drive a type R as much just to not put miles on it.

oneslowxa
01-16-2009, 04:24 PM
don't get me wrong, the password jdm 3 point is sexy looking but I have a hard time believing they sell authentic "JDM" products considering they are selling JDM PASSENGER SIDE AIRBAG DELETES for left hand drive cars...

http://passwordjdm.com/JDM-EK-96-00-Civic-Airbag-Tray-P1382C0.aspx

they could have left it just as passenger side airbag delete...

DC2.2GSR
01-16-2009, 04:38 PM
don't get me wrong, the password jdm 3 point is sexy looking but I have a hard time believing they sell authentic "JDM" products considering they are selling JDM PASSENGER SIDE AIRBAG DELETES for left hand drive cars...

http://passwordjdm.com/JDM-EK-96-00-Civic-Airbag-Tray-P1382C0.aspx

they could have left it just as passenger side airbag delete...

when a genuine OEM part is only available in japan - it's a JDM part. that's how it works. that JDM airbag tray also happens to fit in USDM cars, but that doesn't make it a USDM part.

gorabbit
01-16-2009, 11:47 PM
umm by chassis bracing i mean the trunk brace. the lower tie bar and the strut bar. And as for the talk about the 3 point strut bar, of course its stiffer but it also is an aftermarket part. I think you need to chill a bit keeper because everyone is just putting forth their opinion. I would take my car factory over any other model integra that I would have to spend thousands of dollars to upgrade just to get it on a level playing field.

typeR0053
01-17-2009, 01:51 AM
umm by chassis bracing i mean the trunk brace. the lower tie bar and the strut bar. And as for the talk about the 3 point strut bar, of course its stiffer but it also is an aftermarket part. I think you need to chill a bit keeper because everyone is just putting forth their opinion. I would take my car factory over any other model integra that I would have to spend thousands of dollars to upgrade just to get it on a level playing field.

I agree.. Theres no doubt the itr chassis is stiffer.. search. As far as which one i would pick. It takes a certain type of person to own a Type r.. And thats not me for sure.. I had both the itr and gsr.. I sold the type r shortly after i bought it due to the fact that it became more of a burden than anything.. I felt i couldnt take it anywhere in fear somthing would happen to it.. Everywhere i went it drew unwanted attention.. Dont get me wrong i loved the itr and everything about it.. just wasnt a practical daily driver for me.. Good luck with your search

Keeper1343
01-17-2009, 02:07 AM

All the braces are basic braces that are realy cheap to buy... Try getting into the more stronger braces that are out there like PJDM. My arguement is that wih the money you saved from buying and insuring the ITR, you can spend that money on the GSR and make it better. I don't have a problem with people stating their opinion but you cant argue with the facts. Fact- ITR is a great car from the factory, no doubt about it. Fact- It is better than the GSR from the factory. Fact- You would get more for your money if you went with the GSR and upgraded it with the money you saved from buying the ITR. In fact it would better. Spend 15K on a ITR and spend 15K on a GSR.... See what gets you more bang for the buck.... Thats al i have been saying. Who wouldn't want a ITR over al the other integras.... that was a obvious decision.
The guy wanted a DD Autocross car. Im sure he doesn't need the Red stiched seats and carbon fiber interior trim, etc. Waste of money for his application.

DC2.2GSR
01-17-2009, 09:37 AM
All the braces are basic braces that are realy cheap to buy... Try getting into the more stronger braces that are out there like PJDM. My arguement is that wih the money you saved from buying and insuring the ITR, you can spend that money on the GSR and make it better. I don't have a problem with people stating their opinion but you cant argue with the facts. Fact- ITR is a great car from the factory, no doubt about it. Fact- It is better than the GSR from the factory. Fact- You would get more for your money if you went with the GSR and upgraded it with the money you saved from buying the ITR. In fact it would better. Spend 15K on a ITR and spend 15K on a GSR.... See what gets you more bang for the buck.... Thats al i have been saying. Who wouldn't want a ITR over al the other integras.... that was a obvious decision.
The guy wanted a DD Autocross car. Im sure he doesn't need the Red stiched seats and carbon fiber interior trim, etc. Waste of money for his application.

:afro: dats da troof.

well said. the arguement was never about the R being the same or worse than a GSR stock for stock. that's a no-brainer. the R kicks the hell out of the GSR when each is in factory form.

what keeper and i (and others) have been saying is that the R is VERY easily topped by lightly modifying a GSR... and there's money left in the bank to do so because you will pay twice as much for a type r. again, the type r comes from the factory with only a few bolt on accessories and some slightly thicker subframe and roof metal... nothing more. it's just a sportier trim level, not a stiff chassis race car from the showroom. in the end you are in fact just paying for the sticker on the quarter panel because there's nothing on the type r that i can't go on ebay and buy for my own GSR.

dsmtalontsi95
01-17-2009, 08:13 PM
you have expensive taste my friend, my friend has a type r and I love. If your gonna do it, get what you want.

oneslowxa
01-17-2009, 10:35 PM
when a genuine OEM part is only available in japan - it's a JDM part. that's how it works. that JDM airbag tray also happens to fit in USDM cars, but that doesn't make it a USDM part.

I was rocking jdm styled crap in 2000, when everyone else was in the gay triple decker spoilers on their cavaliers...

do your research, look for a "JDM left hand drive car", and show me what the
passenger air bag looks like.

now show me a RHD "JDM car" and what the "passenger air bag" looks like.

PJDM are contoured for left hand drive cars, longer on the left side and shorter on the right...

YOU PROBABLY WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT JDM WAS IF IT WAS STARING AT YOU.

unless of course it said jdm on it when you ordered it on the internet...

DC2.2GSR
01-17-2009, 11:27 PM
I was rocking jdm styled crap in 2000, when everyone else was in the gay triple decker spoilers on their cavaliers...

PJDM are contoured for left hand drive cars, longer on the left side and shorter on the right...

:rotfl: easy there killer! no need to get all butt-hurt!! i didn't realize you were wound so tightly around your JDM trend... i see now that you take it personally when someone talks about a piece of interior trim so you're obviously a fragile character. let me see if i can explain something to you. i'll try hard. ready?

noone cares. aside from engines, JDM is a trend. get over it.

i know that's probably rough for you to handle, but it's true. i'm glad to see you were in it 'from the beginning'.. good for you. you're obviously looking for interwebz OG status and probably some form of "cred", so i hereby dub thee "Sir oneslowxa - first on the scene and still following the trend 9 years later" :roll:

i don't own an EK, nor do i plan to. i didn't even look closely at that tray. it's an OEM honda part, i assumed they labled it correctly. oops, guess i was wrong. cool. you got me - i'm an idiot and i have no idea what "JDM" is. i'm so confused now... there's an engine in my car that says H22A on the block. i can't even remember where it came from :confused:

keep studying your trend, your plethora of interior trim knowledge is bound to impress someone someday... it's just not here today. sorry.

Keeper1343
01-18-2009, 01:12 AM

Please enlighten me on as to what your talking about haha. PJDM = Password JDM..... They sell their own brand of things that they make for USDM cars as well. Their chassis braces they make are the best ones on the market for hondas unless your making it out of Rollcage steel tubing. And also, what does your post have to do with anything about the topic??? SHUSH!!!!! lol jp

foamcup
01-26-2009, 06:44 PM
What about a ek hatch with a gsr swap? Will cost less than a type r, maybe cheaper than a stock gsr?? Also faster as well. Alot of room too. A stock type r is nice but i rather not risk it on the streets, they will get stolen.

CHR!S
01-26-2009, 07:09 PM
this thread makes me laugh, with all the misinformation and crap going on in it.

What about a ek hatch with a gsr swap? Will cost less than a type r, maybe cheaper than a stock gsr?? Also faster as well. Alot of room too. A stock type r is nice but i rather not risk it on the streets, they will get stolen.

any civic/integra between 92-01 will be stolen if its modded nicely and isnt secured

BigWhiteTodd
01-26-2009, 09:13 PM
this thread makes me laugh, with all the misinformation and crap going on in it.

any civic/integra between 92-01 will be stolen if its modded nicely and isnt secured

any civic thieves dont care.

TurboGSR96
01-26-2009, 09:45 PM

Yea, but people will jack you for an ITR, most wont go through that effort for a 14-17yr old rusty hatch/teg with a fart can on it.

TurboGSR96
01-26-2009, 09:52 PM
And I would like to add one more thing, having bought a Phoenix Yellow ITR brand new in 00 and owning a GSR for years, given a second chance I would grab the ITR in a heartbeat, its what all FWD Honda's should be like. It rides and steers so much tighter than a GSR, and the lack of sunroof and bracing really stiffens up the "overall" ride of the car.

marshallpre1
01-27-2009, 12:35 AM
And I would like to add one more thing, having bought a Phoenix Yellow ITR brand new in 00 and owning a GSR for years, given a second chance I would grab the ITR in a heartbeat, its what all FWD Honda's should be like. It rides and steers so much tighter than a GSR, and the lack of sunroof and bracing really stiffens up the "overall" ride of the car.

Any pics of your TURBO GSR? I love turbo integras :)

dsmtalontsi95
02-25-2009, 07:33 PM
any civic thieves dont care.

My buddy pulls some fuses so it can't be stolen

TurboGSR96
02-25-2009, 08:52 PM
My buddy pulls some fuses so it can't be stolen

that would only stop an inexperienced theif or someone that was scared, alot of the cars around me are getting nabbed via tow truck, so the fuse technique would do much good......