PDA

View Full Version : WOT Box....Do you use or no?

SvicksTc
11-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey everyone, well i recently boosted my Scion TC, ive always been about styling with minor engines mods on all my cars but always knew a little about engine work. However, since i began the journey of turbo charging my ride ive become addicted to boost, always looking for something to add to my setup.

Anyway, Ive seen on the Scion forums a lot of peopel use WOT Box, or Wide Open Throttle Box to control shifting at high RPM's....Ive wondered What your thoughts on something like this and if you use one, or know any information about....

Ive heard it keeps you from loosing boost while shifting, You can set up a 2-step sequence, etc...

Here is basically what a WOT Box Does if you dont know...

"The WOT Box is an electronic device that makes WOT shifting easy by reducing your engine's power for a very short timed period while you shift. It allows the synchros in your transmission to mesh easily, reducing the chance of missing a gear and damaging your transmission. If the input shaft on a manual transmission is not allowed to slow down enough it will lock you out of gear time after time. We have developed a solution to the problem by controlling the ignition at the shift point to ease the transition from one gear to another."
Also can control 2-step

OMGz Turbo
11-21-2008, 03:40 PM
look into the n2mb wot box ALOT of guys are running it.

90blacktsiawd
11-21-2008, 04:05 PM
The concept has been used on lots of different engine managements etc. It does help to keep the turbo spooled as you never actually take your foot off the gas. Basically it's a 2nd rev limiter that is activates when the clutch is in and the car is moving. I used something similar on my past 2 dsm's and it worked wonderfully. But i had 3 step rev limiters which also included one for launch control.

MTuning
11-21-2008, 04:17 PM
i dont like the box because you can tune a more aggressive and safe antilag in a proper EMS. instead of just generic parameters.

Instigator1225
11-21-2008, 04:24 PM
i dont like the box because you can tune a more aggressive and safe antilag in a proper EMS. instead of just generic parameters.

quoted for truth.

Got Insulin?
11-21-2008, 08:52 PM
So it's like NLTS, correct?

Buster
11-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Anti-Lag is more for larger turbos. With the setup you are running, Im going to assume stock internals. Allowing maximum boost inbetween shifts is going to help with your motors wear. Until you look into better internals, I would enjoy what boost you are getting. But I dont really know much about scions and turbo'd ones either. Figure this, most people arent running anti-lag.

SvicksTc
11-22-2008, 05:51 PM
From doing some more reasearch i got some people opinions on scionlife.com and found out that they said they didnt miss one shift during their track runs and seemed to be very consistant with all their runs too, could be just consistant drivers, but you gotta take that into account. Also found some videos on youtube of the TC having the 2-step set up and launch controller shutterbox hooked up, but i think you can only use one feature at a time.....

Overall they a couple people said they loved their WOT Box.....

Also i found a video of the box on an n/a scion tc.....