PDA

View Full Version : the age old Honda IACV question..

93EGY8
11-18-2008, 10:55 PM
ok so most of you honda/acura guys will know exactly what im talking about.. My civic has a D16Y8 SOHC VTEC swap, and for some reason recently the car will idle at the normal 5-700 rpms, then rev to 1500 and drop back down, and it will repeat this several times and then just mysteriously go away:eek: i know there is a bunch of people who have had this problem and i know there is an easy fix from what i hear, like blocking it off, or doing something to it.. again..im asking cuz i dont know ive never had this problem before.. any help is appreciated! thanks guys

93EGY8
11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
anyone??

twastheglow
11-19-2008, 05:32 PM
I guess since no one has answered I would say to try a Honda specific forum and just search the answer. If it's that common of a problem then you should be able to find it pretty quick.

RyanG
11-19-2008, 05:59 PM
put a new IAC on it.. they are common on Hondas. I can get you a new one for $200 + shipping

MTuning
11-19-2008, 06:07 PM
i usually spray it down with carb cleaner or the sort and if that doesnt fix it i always had spares for this reason. also some ppl plug in the wrong connector and will eventually fry it. check the junkyard...its cheap and plentiful. the thing is though, the honda idle 'curse' can be caused by so many different things all at once. check timing, plug gap, wires, fuel filter..the basics. if you have an access to a datalogger that'll narrow it down quick.

SuperMan_is_Bac
11-30-2008, 06:43 PM
^^ agree ^^