PDA

View Full Version : Albany?

airforcepunk134
11-15-2008, 10:21 PM
anyone on here that lives in albany? i am from there but right now i am stationed in new jersey with the air force. I will be driving home for the holiday's but my car is still going to be stock at the time lol, but i am looking to see if there will be a meet when i am home so i can meet some people so i will have people to hang out with when i am home.

Mike22
11-15-2008, 10:49 PM
im in poughkeepsie with a stock 08 focus... not albany.... but not too far. i know of someone up there with a focus that occasionaly tries to come down for meets

airforcepunk134
11-15-2008, 11:02 PM
im in poughkeepsie with a stock 08 focus... not albany.... but not too far. i know of someone up there with a focus that occasionaly tries to come down for meets
oh ok cool , that is good to know for when i move back to albany after i get out.

RC1488
11-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Heyyy im up there in albany during school. Back in carmel right now for thanksgiving.

I was out in albany the other night but its full of cops everywhere. If you ever wanna get together lemme know. A few of us autocrossers have been looking for new people to meet and race with (legally). We hold Autocrosses at RPI :)

airforcepunk134
11-28-2008, 04:20 AM
oh that is cool stuff, yeah i will def message u when i am home sometime.

RayArroyo
08-19-2009, 07:56 PM
im in the Berkshires

airforcepunk134
08-23-2009, 04:01 PM
so everyone i will be moving back to albany in 2 months so i am going to start getting on here more to and start setting up car meets and what not.

capitalcrew
01-16-2010, 06:38 PM
You still post? I'm from albany. I'm not on here much, but everyone should look for autoX put on by AMEC at malta this summer, we had one at the end of last year and it went well.

If you have any info on the RPI autoX post it up, I'd be down for that.

Madlife
01-26-2010, 11:15 AM
I live out in Utica, but a bunch of my subie friends and my brother live in Albany, so i visit there frequently.

Chris21
04-08-2010, 08:47 PM
I live out in Utica, but a bunch of my subie friends and my brother live in Albany, so i visit there frequently.

Im in Utica all the time, my gf goes to college there.

Im located in Schenectady so its a short drive.

JDM**S13
04-10-2010, 08:35 AM
You still post? I'm from albany. I'm not on here much, but everyone should look for autoX put on by AMEC at malta this summer, we had one at the end of last year and it went well.

If you have any info on the RPI autoX post it up, I'd be down for that.

Im from kingston about an hour south of albany & id be down for some auto X

airforcepunk134
05-05-2010, 04:49 PM
so havent posted in here in a while but we def have to set up a meet sometime soon cause i just went to the 4th annual sonic meet in morgantown,pa and i miss going to meets all the time so lets get a meet set up soon.

Chris21
05-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Well they recently opened the lot back up, cops keep a close eye for the morons still, but at least they let us have our weekly gatherings again.

airforcepunk134
05-05-2010, 07:27 PM
where are u talking about lol? i just moved back here at the beginning of winter so i dont really know of any meets where is the one u are talking about and when is it.

Chris21
05-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Well its every Friday and Saturday nights, at the shopping center parking lot on central ave (or state street). It was shut down last season due to retards racing and drifting in the parking lot and what not, but now they(police) just keep an eye on the lot. Majority right now are bikes and muscle cars since, tis the season, but usually its around 100+ cars throughout the night, majority people come and make an appearance and leave shortly after. Its a great place to find a party to go to for that night. The "hotspots" are up by the street in the MacDonalds parking lot (24hour mcdonalds ftw) usually where the nice cars are given the spots.

Some people show up as early as 7 or 8. I suggest you show up around 9 to get a spot close enough.

When you take the right turn into khol's you will take the next left, going by mcd's, I dont suggest you park in there for ur first time going, so go by mcdonalds and to your left is the drive thru to ur right is a wide open parking lot, take the right towards the lot then another right so you do like a 180, and park in any spot to your right against the curb facing the mcdonalds. those are the best spots IMO, a place to sit, less room for an idiot to hit you.

ill warn you though, the cops will right you a ticket for pretty much everything you do wrong. a kid moved from 1 spot to a closer spot and left his chassis glow on and he got a ticket. another kid got a "failed to use signal" ticket when he left a parking spot. it gets REALLY bad the first and last weekend's of the month because of quota tickets. iv gotten one for having my engine running with the door open while i wasn't in the car....

airforcepunk134
05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
so it is in the kohl's parking lot near the post office right

Chris21
05-05-2010, 08:41 PM
yea, exactly

airforcepunk134
05-05-2010, 09:46 PM
ok cool me and a friend will hopefully come, well hopefully i can get my friend to come if not i will def be there. probably saturday not sure about friday yet.

Chris21
05-05-2010, 10:12 PM
I will not make it this weekend, ill be away. But next weekend I am making a point to go. =)

airforcepunk134
05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
oh ok cool well than i guess i will probably see u next weekend depending on what i am doing.

The Great NY
06-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Hey are there any car spots poppin' during the week? I'm up here in albany till Friday and I actually drove my car this time areound. So looking to meet up with some fellow motorheads and kick it.

Any legit spots? Or anyone down to link up before I leave

[sr20]sean
06-29-2010, 09:53 PM
albany speed shop is hosting their meet/bbq/dyno pull on july 17th if youre interested at all

RayArroyo
06-30-2010, 11:42 AM
sean if you have anymore info on that shoot it my way, id love to stop by :)

[sr20]sean
07-01-2010, 03:06 AM
you have a pm sir!

boostaholic84
07-28-2010, 02:38 PM
im from kingston. not too far

ThatfocusKid
12-27-2010, 11:24 PM
hey whatsup guys? i just moved to renssalaer from poughkeepsie, looking for anywhere to chill up here

bmwdinamo
01-15-2011, 04:58 PM
Almost every friday night there is a meet in Middletown, NY at Taco-bell, Mcdonalds, or somewhere where there is no cops or retards

The Great NY
01-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Almost every friday night there is a meet in Middletown, NY at Taco-bell, Mcdonalds, or somewhere where there is no cops or retards

The middletown meet they usually meet at the old caldors parking lot and then migrate when the cops show up. Almost everytime I've been out there some dumbasses in hondas made it hot doing burnouts and wreckless ****. So the cops usually give people the boot.

Lots of car do show up there. I go every so often.

[sr20]sean
01-21-2011, 12:15 AM
hey whatsup guys? i just moved to renssalaer from poughkeepsie, looking for anywhere to chill up here

RPI has meets and autox every once in a while.