PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Hobby Shop

russiankid
10-23-2008, 04:02 PM
I am looking for a Hobby Shop that deals with R/C Planes and Trucks. I searched Yellow Pages but most of them are Train shops which don't help me. I am located in Oxford, but I can drive out to Exton or West Chester. However, the closer it is the better.

Thanks.

Roto
10-23-2008, 04:57 PM
There's an Allied Hobby store at Rt1 and Grant ave

Xavier
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Theres a Hobby Shop near KoP in the shopping center at Trooper Rd. & Egypt Rd. Across the street from the Wal*Mart. Last time I was in there it was mostly planes and a few cars.

russiankid
10-23-2008, 07:26 PM
There's an Allied Hobby store at Rt1 and Grant ave

Theres a Hobby Shop near KoP in the shopping center at Trooper Rd. & Egypt Rd. Across the street from the Wal*Mart. Last time I was in there it was mostly planes and a few cars.

Thanks. I'll search those up.

jdm free
10-23-2008, 07:41 PM
action hobby on bus rt 1 in langhorne/levittown

87fierogt
10-23-2008, 08:04 PM
action hobby like said above i work there and what we dont stock i can get

howielong
10-23-2008, 08:40 PM

I should fix my Tmaxx and get you guys to tune it. I miss ripping that thing around the woods, but winters coming :(

Go to Action Hobby in Ltown. I used to go there all the time, haven't been there latly but they have tons of planes and parts for planes among other stuff.

Most of the guys that work there know what they are talking about.

russiankid
10-23-2008, 08:40 PM
I just need a sheet of balsa, about 1/6th thick because the plane I am building was missing a piece of webbing for the wing.

russiankid
10-23-2008, 08:41 PM
I should fix my Tmaxx and get you guys to tune it. I miss ripping that thing around the woods, but winters coming :(

Go to Action Hobby in Ltown. I used to go there all the time, haven't been there latly but they have tons of planes and parts for planes among other stuff.

Most of the guys that work there know what they are talking about.

Tuning is so easy. I tuned 5 motors as of now. 2 that I broke in, both run strong.

BTW I have a Nitro Rustler with an OS .18 CVRX with a THS Mid-racing pipe. RPM A-arms and some other misc crap. Also running Masher 2k's all around, kind of hard to control but it gets around mud and rocks like no other.

jdm free
10-23-2008, 08:46 PM
I just need a sheet of balsa, about 1/6th thick because the plane I am building was missing a piece of webbing for the wing.

just order it online.

howielong
10-23-2008, 09:01 PM

Tuning is so easy. I tuned 5 motors as of now. 2 that I broke in, both run strong.

BTW I have a Nitro Rustler with an OS .18 CVRX with a THS Mid-racing pipe. RPM A-arms and some other misc crap. Also running Masher 2k's all around, kind of hard to control but it gets around mud and rocks like no other.

My nitro tuning sucks. I'm more of a electric guy myself. But I haven't used any of my Rc's in so long. Should bust one out again and go tear it up in the leaves or the stream by my house.

87fierogt
10-23-2008, 09:02 PM
or sell em to me

russiankid
10-23-2008, 10:32 PM
just order it online.

Kind of pointless to order online. I will spend more on shipping than the actual piece of wood is worth.

The Captain
10-23-2008, 10:37 PM
JC/RC Hobbies in Warminster. Intersection of County Line & York Rd.

Bizee
10-24-2008, 01:40 AM
JC/RC Hobbies in Warminster. Intersection of County Line & York Rd.

id rather drive 30 miles out of my way than deal with these guys.

if your close to west chester then hit the place on trooper... always treated me good there.

Zillon
10-29-2008, 12:32 AM
id rather drive 30 miles out of my way than deal with these guys.

if your close to west chester then hit the place on trooper... always treated me good there.

What makes you say that?

The shop changed ownership about 2 years ago, good friend of mine now owns the place, and I even worked there for 6 months a year and a half ago.

I'd recommend JC R/C just as much as I'd recommend Hobby Hut in Audubon.

Bizee
10-29-2008, 09:03 AM
What makes you say that?

The shop changed ownership about 2 years ago, good friend of mine now owns the place, and I even worked there for 6 months a year and a half ago.

I'd recommend JC R/C just as much as I'd recommend Hobby Hut in Audubon.

i haven't been there in a few+ years. im glad to hear about the new ownership and i will make a point to stop in and check it out the next time im in the general area.

Roto
10-29-2008, 09:11 AM

Do you cary DCC N-scale stuff?

dragonfly2k3
10-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Winkies in lancaster for you lanc heads. I work there when im home from school. ask for phil or tim. anyone else there is retarded haha. Also, 87fierogt, did you want me to get you a set-up of my mini-t stuff? I might be willing to straight up sell my dx3r. lmk. For a serious buyer i might even sell my entire mini set-up, but itd cost you.

87fierogt
10-29-2008, 10:40 AM
how much for the dx3? the mini t i think ill have to pass on im more into 1 /8th or 1/10th nitro or brushless electric
and to roto dcc is the brand correct? n scale i know we carry some stuff. if ya can send me a list of what your lookin for were gonna do the train order tomorrow or friday so your just in time

Roto
10-29-2008, 01:56 PM
roto dcc is the brand correct? n scale i know we carry some stuff. if ya can send me a list of what your lookin for were gonna do the train order tomorrow or friday so your just in time

DCC is not a brand it's a means of controlling locos. I'm probably asking for way too much, but any way you could order a "display" model of a Kato bullet train? If I like it I will buy it, but nobody in the area carries one for me to take a look. I can't guarantee that I'll buy it, but if you get one for me to check out there will be a lot of N-scale stuff that I will buy....cause I'm building a layout.

87fierogt
10-29-2008, 04:49 PM
roto any way you can look em up andget me brands and part numbers? thats:mrgreen: whatwe need for customer train orders and since thetrain stuff isnt real big sellers wetry not to order stuff unless its something deff. i go in tomrrow so if you can shoot me part numbers thru pm ill be able to help ya out

dragonfly2k3
10-29-2008, 05:13 PM
say... 260 for the 3r? its pretty much new, i set up a model for my 18b. If you know anyone looking for one hell of a 1/18 set-up. Including everything you need to get going, enough parts to build like 3 more, 2 vehicles, a brushless set-up, a bunch of batteries, and a kick ass radio, let me know.

Showoff03LS
10-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Modelbon Ott here in gilbertsville deals with planes, cars and trucks

grimm
10-30-2008, 01:12 PM
I know this company really well. I'm not a RC or model maker person though. i know the owner and he was one of the first importers of models and electronics from japan.
MRC - Model Rectifier Corporation (http://www.modelrec.com/rc-products/index.asp)