PDA

View Full Version : 89' Camaro

R_Rambo
10-22-2008, 06:13 PM
ok so this weekend im going to look at a camaro(89'), i know it has some issues but he said nothing major it needs some body work and he said the only thing mechanical that it needs is a trans. mount. but im just curious to see if you guys had any knowlege with these cars and would know of anything special to look for (besides the basics) in problems that they had, ive owned one domestic a chevy blazer but this will be my first domestic car so im kinda jumping into a new territoiry. any advice is greatly appreciated

driftingrx5.7
10-22-2008, 06:27 PM
oil pressure and water temp. from what i understand some of those motors have blown headgaskets. besides that listen to the motor. make sure there is no dings or taps! light taps are ok because that is an easy adjustment, if all he says you need is a trans mount don't beat on it home or your tranny will slap around in that tunnel and scare you! i know i did it once ;). beside that look for the normal stuff! o and make sure there is no white smoke coming out of the exhaust, again the head gasket