PDA

View Full Version : Any Supra guys?

wrxrex
10-14-2008, 06:54 PM
So I have been offered an sc300 for a very good price. It is auto but i would like to convert it to stick and put a supra swap in it. Does anyone know any shops that would do it and apporximately how much it would cost?

GOULET
10-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Yea google knows

TROLL
10-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Fuzion Auto does this type of work and I'm sure there are other shops on here as well who could do it like RT Tuning, maybe Import Intelligence, and honestly I'm sure there are others as well but I'm not sure who off the top of my head. Take a look at the vendor section and check some of those guys out.

Its not difficult or even too expensive to find a JDM 2JZ-GTE engine swap, not sure what the labor would be like though. The transmission is a different story... if you want to covert to the Getrag 6 speed from the Supra which is incredibly strong, it will be quite expensive, but you could go with a 5 speed which can hold a fair amount of power for a lot less money if you're tight on cash.

Also moving this to the appropriate car specific section...

djb5118
10-14-2008, 09:09 PM
i think your options for the trannys are either the w58 (comes stock in the 5spd sc300) or the r154, but i could be wrong. Also, you could look into doing a 2jz-get, which is just turboing the stock 2jz, which can still hold up reasonably well. also theres the 1jz from the soarer that people like to swap. but as far as numbers go, you can get the most power out of the 2jz-gte i think. the Getrag is a pretty sick tranny from what I've read, but like troll said, the 5spd would do the job just fine.

check out clubna-t.com i know theres a bunch of sc guys that go there for their turbo info

TROLL
10-14-2008, 09:11 PM
yup... clubna-t.com and clublexus too...

SUPRARICE87
10-15-2008, 11:20 AM
USE THE R154 1J BELLHOUSING TURBO HEAD. AND TWINS
:mrgreen:

CHEAPIST WAY OUT.