PDA

View Full Version : Always watch the gas pump!!

jrtalon
03-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Ok so I pull into the gas station and tell the kid to "fill it premium" he goes OK, and starts to walk around...but he comes back..."how much do you want?" me"fill it" He goes back around hits the button and starts pumping. I'm trying to look to make sure its premium but he is blocking my view, finally he moves and i see the 87 button lite up!! So I get out and yell at him I told you premium!! So he stopped the pump and reset it and put premium in. He apologized. I was fine, mistakes happen but when I get my change I realized he charged me for the 2 gallons of crap he pumped into my tank. Almost $4 enough for my lunch. WTF so I tell him I don't want to pay for his mistake, he likes well iduntknow umm ok and he goes and starts pumping another car and I'm still waiting and he asks me if I want to talk to a manager...the manager comes out and tell her want happened and she gives me the change....all of it including the change the kid gave me....I could of driven away easily up like $10 more then I came in with. Lucky for him that my conscience told me it might be crossing the thievery so I told the manager that i got the rest of my change and only wanted my $4 back. Although after further though I could of justified since I have to drive around with a lower octane since I have 2 gallons of 87 mixed in.

MuddyREX
03-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Take the money and buy octane booster.

TROLL
03-09-2005, 11:17 PM
2 gallons of 87 wont kill you... gas varies quite a bit from station to station anyways. i had the same thing happen to me once, except he probably got 4-5 gallons into my tank before i saw it. i was pissed and yelled at him and told him he could really mess up someone's car that way. i was so flustered though i just paid for it all and got the hell out of there.
bryan

20th1519
03-09-2005, 11:26 PM
I am the only one to do anything to my car. Even if i am in Jersey i still pump my own gas. I dont care what the rag head says.

naSTI
03-10-2005, 01:08 AM
I am the only one to do anything to my car. Even if i am in Jersey i still pump my own gas. I dont care what the rag head says.

HAHA. LOL!

Funny true story.

When I moved up from Florida and into Jersey, I went to pump my gas once, and the guy came running out yelling at me that he needs to pump the gas. I sez to him: "Naw man I got it!" He then starts to get upset and said he'd pump it. So I let him, since he felt so strongly about it.

Now I thought he was just being super courteous and prolly needs the money. So he finishes pumping and walks over to me for payment. I then look at him, as I'm expecting him to ask me to pop the hood, and have my windshield and back window cleaned. But he just wants to get paid.

"What a Jip!" I'm thinking, so I pay for the gas with my card, then hand him two bucks for (what I was feeling was undeserving) tip. The guy's eyes lit up and was like "Thanks a lot. Really, thanks!".

Only after, did someone explain to me the whole NJ gas pump thing. In south FL you pump your own gas, and "Full Service" means FULL SERVICE and usually the dood deserves a tip. But, "WTF is this crap??!!" I thought.

Ilovracnmylancer
03-10-2005, 01:19 AM
I had my first experience having someone pump gas into my car. I drove into NJ knowing I was low on gas, but I never knew that you couldn't pump your own gas. I would much rather be the only person to go anywhere near my car. The guy didn't put the cap completely on, so I had to stop and finish turning it. Now I know to get gas before going inot NJ and I don't plan on ever having someone else pump my gas for me again. Maybe I'm just obsessed with my car, but I just feel more comfortable doing everything myself.

MuddyREX
03-10-2005, 09:21 AM
"What a Jip!" I'm thinking, so I pay for the gas with my card, then hand him two bucks for (what I was feeling was undeserving) tip. The guy's eyes lit up and was like "Thanks a lot. Really, thanks!".

I NEVER tip the gas guy. Full service isn't what it used to be.

97TSi
03-10-2005, 09:54 AM
I try to get most of my gas from PA during the week since I work in Aston. I hate people pumping my gas. They always drip gas onto the paint. Makes me so angry. Only gas station around here that I'll use is the Amoco on Black Horse Pk right next to the 295 ramp. They're American Owned & Operated.

naSTI
03-10-2005, 10:54 AM

I NEVER tip the gas guy. Full service isn't what it used to be.

And I haven't since! :finga: <- This is for that station attendant.

the mike
03-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I get gas in NJ. ;)

Cheaper too, you just need to get a regular station you go to weekly where the attendant knows you. I go to the one I used to work at.

stichris
03-10-2005, 02:22 PM
I ujust paid something like 1.97 for mobil 93 in jersey, and 2.27 by the mobil near the diner. WTF. I am thinkingabout stocking up with 55gal drums.. one per week.

SilverTurboRidin
03-10-2005, 02:28 PM
i miss those back in the day gas price's like 10 years ago lol when it was nearly $1 a gallon

mysweetfracture
03-10-2005, 11:53 PM
one time all i had was like 7 in cash and i told him 7 of premium and the ****er forgot about the pump and i got 20. so he comes to the window and is like its 20 bucks i said wait a sec i told you 7 thats all i have buddy. he was like oh yea im sorry. so i got a nice gift from coastal.