PDA

View Full Version : tryin to figure out a price if its worth it

96Stang
10-09-2008, 11:51 PM
found a good deal on an explorer that may need the motor to be replaced...the body is in great shape and its really cheap

its a 93 explorer sport with the 4.0 v6 and its said that it was running rough even after a tune up so they did a compression test and everything checked out fine except one of the cylinders, which they dont know what is technically wrong...but the car does run and drive.
obviously it would be great if that motor is easily fixable but want to know roundabout cost on just getting a replacement used motor and getting it installed
anyone able to give a simple estimate...even go on the high side

FOR THOSE THAT DIDNT WANT TO READ....i just need a simple estimate on a 4.0 v6 motor swap on a 93 explorer...thanks

The Captain
10-09-2008, 11:54 PM
do you plan on getting the motor or just hiring out someone to get the motor and install

96Stang
10-10-2008, 10:44 AM
do you plan on getting the motor or just hiring out someone to get the motor and install

whichever is cheaper and easier i guess
i dont have a good reliable way to get used explorer motors, and im sure a reputable shop has a way
the motor in the car is running and all electronics work...im assuming its simply swapping the motor and reattaching any wiring, etc