PDA

View Full Version : F1: No more Canadian GP :(

cravej
10-08-2008, 10:02 AM
It's been dropped off next years calendar. No explanation. :mad:
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/10/8483.html

They aren't making it easy to attend a race. :mad: Bernie was hinting at bringing it back to the US next year... But I don't trust him.

teh DIRT
10-08-2008, 10:07 AM
wtf! I wanted to go this year. so beat.

jb1830
10-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Yea I just read this on another site. Cutting costs FTL. I figured they'd make more money by coming than not.

cravej
10-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Did they say it was because they were trying to cut costs?

jb1830
10-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Did they say it was because they were trying to cut costs?

Yea in the article I read that's what it said. Rumors are also starting up about the Brazilian GP and the Australian GP getting the ax as well. Making all the races happen in Europe and Asia.

NOPSTNS
10-08-2008, 04:18 PM
i literally was planning on going.....guess its off to europe next year

oneday
10-08-2008, 04:44 PM
The FIA, F1 and Mr. McDouchelestone can drop off the face of the earth after this season is over. Between the overly political administration of rules and the strong arm tactics used on track owners/promoters Bernie has effectively ruined F1 for all fans outside of Eur-Asia.

Thank god American racing series keep getting better. The ALMS, Grand Am, SWC, IRL and all of their feeder series are awesome and will see a windfall of support from N. American racing fans and sponsors. Grassroots series like SCCA Club Racing (T1/T2 and Spec racers and the like) will get an influx of drivers, fans, and money, as well they should. There are new, premier level road courses popping up all over the US that all getting some sort of race series for an event or two, making it easier than ever to get spectators and teams to the track.

Screw the FIA.

TROLL
10-08-2008, 04:58 PM
mother****er... i was all ready to plan a trip to montreal next year and had told quite a few people about it. arghhhhh.

cszakolczai
10-08-2008, 08:32 PM
mother****er... i was all ready to plan a trip to montreal next year and had told quite a few people about it. arghhhhh.

Yeah same here! Like grandstand 9 or something had that awesome turn and made for some incredible pictures and now its done... son of a bitch! I will be attending the Hungarian grand prix again, but I really wanted to go to the Canadian one.