PDA

View Full Version : Where to get my work done??

phitauford
10-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Okay, so I'm looking for a good shop to get work on my car done. I'm looking to get an up and down pipe installed (god knows i can't do it myself). Any Subaru owners have a good experience with a speed shop in the area? Any other makes have an opinion?

I did a search, but didn't find anything that was helpful on this topic. I did see some smack talk about Colonial Subaru . . . got my LGT there, but not impressed with their kindness to "young" guys.

Vypurr
10-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Revitupmotorsports.net - Call Ray. He is on here pretty often.

highmilehatch
10-17-2005, 10:37 PM
I'm local to you. Feel free to give a call if your interested - 215 962 1423 or email: jon@street-solutions.com

TehWagon
10-18-2005, 08:51 AM
not to knock the other guys on here, i don't have any experience with them... most people with a sube will most likely tell you precision tuning in brick, nj :)

slavetothemuzic
10-18-2005, 09:24 AM
I'll second the mention for Revitupmotorsports.net. I got some work done there. Good guys.

teh DIRT
10-18-2005, 09:52 AM
If you just want an uppipe downpipe installed....myself and Troll can most likely fit in in our schedules to do it for you. Let me ask him and ill get back to you.
-pete

Black 05 WRX
10-18-2005, 10:55 AM
I can say that Revitupmotorsports.net are good guys who know what they are doing. I stopped down to there shop last night very nice and easy to deal with. I saw them working on 2 cars when I was down there and they def have there act together. Also met some customers thats have gotten plenty of work done there and they were back down there getting more done.

US_R33
10-19-2005, 01:52 PM
www.carv2.com

great bunch of guys down there, one of the owners owns a GDB and the other owner has a BCNR33 :cool:

let me know if you wanna head down there sometime and i'll go down with you......they'll take good care of ya there :thumbup:

Late,
Daniel

slavetothemuzic
10-19-2005, 02:06 PM
www.carv2.comThey are good guys, with a nice shop, but for what he wants done, revitup is a lot closer.

Francesco
10-19-2005, 03:12 PM
not to knock the other guys on here, i don't have any experience with them... most people with a sube will most likely tell you precision tuning in brick, nj :)

yeah make sure its the Precision in Brick NJ and not the Precision Dyno Tuning in morrestown (i think thats where it is)...

TehWagon
10-19-2005, 03:18 PM
correct you are sir... the mitsu guys will disagree with that but i don't want to start a big thing... suby-wise its brick fer sher! :)
or you could just have pete/troll/me? do it :mrgreen:

03tarmacblack
10-19-2005, 03:30 PM
correct you are sir... the mitsu guys will disagree with that but i don't want to start a big thing...

x2.... different strokes for differant cars and folks. Downpipe and uppipe arent a major install, and I would take up teh dirts offer.

phitauford
10-19-2005, 03:31 PM
correct you are sir... the mitsu guys will disagree with that but i don't want to start a big thing... suby-wise its brick fer sher! :)
or you could just have pete/troll/me? do it :mrgreen:

That's what I understand. I need to get my pipes still . . . not sure what to do about that. I'm deathly afraid of not passing inspection if I go un catted.

TROLL let me know that there is no sniffer test and the CEL can be fooled, but what about a visual? I don't know.

TehWagon
10-19-2005, 03:38 PM
i believe one of the dp's is made to look catted... is it perrin? can't remember... ask around for that one... and you could always go with a high-flow cat in your exhaust...

Chair-Force
10-19-2005, 03:39 PM
but not impressed with their kindness to "young" guys.

Almost every dealership, Subaru and others, I went to when car hunting treated me like crap because I was young'ish. I believe treating people under 25 years old like crap at dealerships is in the car salesman's handbook.

phitauford
10-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the info. It's ashame that dealers treat us like that. Like my $$ is worth less than someone older. I don't get it . . . just not good business.

US_R33
10-19-2005, 05:38 PM
as for emissions in PA......there is no longer a sniffer test for OBD II cars...they just plug the emissions computer into your DLC (data link connector) and so long as you don't have any codes thrown, you don't have any pending codes, AND all of your readiness monitors are okay you'll pass emissions. with the new system unless you get a "green" shop to test your car they're not going to performm a visual on the car.....time is money ;)

when i had my spec i didn't have any cats on it at all, you could smell how rich it ran and i passed emissions w/o any issues what so ever.....i just needed an O2 simulator for my downstream O2 sensor and i was good to go

Late,
Daniel

slavetothemuzic
10-19-2005, 05:54 PM
It's ashame that dealers treat us like that. Like my $$ is worth less than someone older. I don't get it . . . just not good business.It's not that your money isn't as good. It's just an assumption that since you're young, you don't have any money. I'm sure that the dealerships that have this attitude have had their time wasted at some point by someone who was young and didn't have any money, but it's pretty stupid and likely has cost them money to just assume that about all young people.

That's just bad customer service. Whenever I encounter that, not only will I go out of my way to not spend my $$ there, I make a point to tell other people about it.

Vypurr
10-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Yes, they are correct about the emissions. I have NEVER seen a mechanic look at a DP for a cat. They will always just assume its there unless you are throwing a code!

phitauford
10-19-2005, 08:19 PM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Thanks for the info. In that case . . . catless it is. I'm gona need some help making sure my car is set up to "fool" the computer come April.

Vypurr
10-19-2005, 08:22 PM
When the time comes, PM me, I might be able to point you in the right direction of a shop who does good work ;-)

phitauford
10-19-2005, 08:24 PM
When the time comes, PM me, I might be able to point you in the right direction of a shop who does good work ;-)

okay, i'll be sure to do that. Much appreciated.

TehWagon
10-19-2005, 08:32 PM
ps, fwiw, i meant a catless UPpipe that is made to look catted... not DP... stewpid dislexia... :rolleyes:

phitauford
10-19-2005, 08:36 PM
ps, fwiw, i meant a catless UPpipe that is made to look catted... not DP... stewpid dislexia... :rolleyes:

hmmmmm . . . i think you were right the 1st time. The up pipe doesn't have a catt . . . the down pipe does. Sooooooooo it would be the down pipe that would look like it is catted. You were right the 1st time. : )

TehWagon
10-19-2005, 08:38 PM
not for wrx's... maybe the leg gt's are like that, but wrx's def have catted up pipes AND downpipes. then the 3rd is in the midpipe in the exhaust. pretty certain about that.

Vypurr
10-19-2005, 10:03 PM
Nooo, i can't believe that they would EVER stick a cat on the uppipe....A cat there would be pointless and would probably hurt the engine performance.

teh DIRT
10-19-2005, 10:05 PM
Nooo, i can't believe that they would EVER stick a cat on the uppipe. The uppipe comes from the Intercooler...A cat there would be pointless and would probably hurt the engine performance.

ummm what!? :screwy:

TehWagon
10-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Nooo, i can't believe that they would EVER stick a cat on the uppipe. The uppipe comes from the Intercooler...A cat there would be pointless and would probably hurt the engine performance.
yes, that's why its usually one of wrx owners' first mods... that, and the cat material can get loose and bang around in the turbo. neither are good outcomes.

the mike
10-19-2005, 10:14 PM
EJ20 WRX's and EJ25 LGT's have a cat in the UPpipe. Most other cars don't have an uppipe, the turbo being mounted on the manifold.
But yes, most Subaru turbo cars have cats in the uppipe.

teh DIRT
10-19-2005, 10:14 PM

okay let me get this straight. the up-pipe does not come from the intercooler in any sense. the up-pipe attached to the headers and feeds the turbo.

slavetothemuzic
10-19-2005, 10:15 PM
That's weeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiird. Why the hell would you put a cat BEFORE any point of combustion??? vypurr is right, that doesn't make any sense. Now that said, I'm not saying there isn't one, since I don't know Subies. But damn. That's strange. That's like throwing cats wherever they'll fit just to get some magic number of cats on the car.

EDIT: now that I see teh dirts post explaining where the up pipe is coming from, it makes sense.

Vypurr
10-19-2005, 10:16 PM
ummm what!? :screwy:

AHAHA.. I totally read that wrong...I dunno why i thought it said UPP. lol

My bad guys! lol

Upp = Upper Pressure Pipe...lol :finga:

Vypurr
10-19-2005, 10:17 PM
That's weeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiird. Why the hell would you put a cat BEFORE any point of combustion??? vypurr is right, that doesn't make any sense. Now that said, I'm not saying there isn't one, since I don't know Subies. But damn. That's strange. That's like throwing cats wherever they'll fit just to get some magic number of cats on the car.

EDIT: now that I see teh dirts post explaining where the up pipe is coming from, it makes sense.

Glad dodge doesn't care about the environment...lol 1 Cat, 0 Mufflers... :banana:

slavetothemuzic
10-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Glad dodge doesn't care about the environment...lol 1 Cat, 0 Mufflers... :banana:
Mitsu does.

Not only are there two cats (now high flow on mine), but there are also 3 EFFING pre cats. http://www.aaroncarr.com/images/smileys/tantrum.gif

Thankfully, you lose the pre cats if you install headers.

phitauford
10-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Regardless I'm not getting an up pipe with any cats.

EM2Pa
10-19-2005, 11:24 PM
any shops do turbo install, emanage, injectors, and tuning? preferably in the philly suburbs, not the city. thanx

03tarmacblack
10-20-2005, 10:08 AM
any shops do turbo install, emanage, injectors, and tuning? preferably in the philly suburbs, not the city. thanx
For a honda, I would go to IMPO performance in warminster/ivyland. Real clean, good work, always there to help. They really know their stuff.

RayArroyo
10-20-2005, 11:56 AM
what the hell is a cat LOL

let me know when you are ready we can do the work.

and will an up pipe does not connect to the intercooler

Intercooled T
10-20-2005, 02:35 PM
for domestic/muscle/NOS or welding, hit up Josh @ J.S. Performance, off Hulmeville/Trenton Rd

Vypurr
10-20-2005, 03:05 PM
what the hell is a cat LOL

let me know when you are ready we can do the work.

and will an up pipe does not connect to the intercooler

I corrected myself and thought that he said UPP (upper pressure pipe)

US_R33
10-21-2005, 11:53 AM
where do you live in the burbs? hit me up and we can talk

Chair-Force
10-21-2005, 02:50 PM
Yes, they are correct about the emissions. I have NEVER seen a mechanic look at a DP for a cat. They will always just assume its there unless you are throwing a code!

Unless your car is incredibly f'in loud, smells like unburnt gas and shooting flames.