PDA

View Full Version : lookie what i made

frosti108
09-11-2008, 02:00 AM
kill switch mount :mrgreen:

i got this kill switch from the junkyard. it was on a boat. ive been meaning to put it on the bike since the drag strip requires one... ive been temporarily running with a little screw in the on/off switch and fishing line for a tether LOL

so i made a little bracket up with the angle grinder and a hammer :) i dont have my welder here in pa so i couldnt go crazy with it, but i hit it with the grinder and sprayed it with clear for a nice finish lol
it makes another 45* turn under the head stem and is bolted in with one of the stem bolts. its perfectly sturdy

oh. the piece of metal i used was 8 dollars at the hardware store. kill switch was pocketed from the yard. lol.

so yea, 8 dollar tether kill switch setup

http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/d/40600-1/killswitchholder.jpg

driftingrx5.7
09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
good work man! what bike is this that your racing?

frosti108
09-16-2008, 12:33 AM
just the kanotuna 750. i have to put the plastics back on and get to the strip asap! the bikes been out of action for way too long (as usual)

NickGT
09-16-2008, 12:43 PM
As far as I know you only need to have a factory tip sensor installed in that bike to make it legal. Unless you plan to trap 150 plus, then you'll need a kill switch regardless. Nice work though!!! I took the lazy route and forked over 50 bucks for mine.

ilovecoupes
09-16-2008, 01:02 PM
you should get rid of your muffler, next. And make it straight pipe

frosti108
09-16-2008, 01:37 PM
thanks. and idk about the straight pipe. its already plenty loud i think. but then again it would be a performance upgrade

OMGz Turbo
09-30-2008, 08:42 PM
thanks. and idk about the straight pipe. its already plenty loud i think. but then again it would be a performance upgrade

only do it if you dont have a pipe on it already, cuz not enough back pressure you will loose low end torque but gain uptop .. but at the track id rather keep low end

frosti108
10-01-2008, 10:05 AM
yea i mean im happy with my yoshi...

and low end at the drag strip? i leave the line at above 8K :lol:

but yea yea i guess 8k is like bottom end on a bike haha