PDA

View Full Version : new M3

den9
09-08-2008, 02:56 AM
seen a new M3 at south street tonight, sickest thing, couldnt believe my eyes. that carbon fiber roof completes the car

olletsocmit
09-08-2008, 07:18 AM
i dont like the new M3 body style at all. i would take a older one ne day.

i think this is the nicest body style ever.
http://www.tkxperformance.com/carsale/silverm3comp/IMG_0608.jpg

bastid
09-08-2008, 09:45 AM
The e46 M3 body style is a timeless design, but it is beginning to look dated (and I see them way more frequently now so it's lost some of the aura it used to have). I didn't like the e92 body style one bit at all until I saw it in person, and it has since grown on me immensely (obviously)...

Soda Popinski
09-08-2008, 09:56 AM
not a fan of the redwalls on the wheels. Nothing else is red on the car, save the tailights. Would have been better solid, polished (cause the car is silver) or even blue to compliment the nuance of the propeller insigina.

probevette
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
When they were first released from photos I never really was a fan of the new m3. After time and getting to drive a few they grew on me. Now my white on red hits port in a few months :)

nuzzlenut
09-08-2008, 01:07 PM
I love the carbon roof as well.

bastid
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
When they were first released from photos I never really was a fan of the new m3. After time and getting to drive a few they grew on me. Now my white on red hits port in a few months :)

White on red, huh? There's not enough room in the state for the both of us :banned:

PM me when you get it. DCT or 6MT?

lownslow95
09-08-2008, 07:17 PM
:ttiwwop: of the new bmw m3

bastid
09-08-2008, 07:38 PM
:ttiwwop: of the new bmw m3

I've since added painted front reflectors to match the Alpine White exterior and hotter angel eye bulbs (7500k) to take away the yellow hue.

From Performance Center Delivery at the factory in SC:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9472/img0034zd6.jpg

Interior:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7531/img0010qd1.jpg

lownslow95
09-08-2008, 07:56 PM
I've since added painted front reflectors to match the Alpine White exterior and hotter angel eye bulbs (7500k) to take away the yellow hue.

From Performance Center Delivery at the factory in SC:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9472/img0034zd6.jpg

Interior:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/7531/img0010qd1.jpg

That is such a georgeous car. Car looks amazing. :inlove:

probevette
09-08-2008, 08:09 PM
White on red, huh? There's not enough room in the state for the both of us :banned:

PM me when you get it. DCT or 6MT?

6 spd manual. When I went to order there were 2 unsold white/red smg's but I prefer the mt. whenever I need my smg kick I can always rip around in my business partners m5.

When the car hits port and I pick it up its going string into the shop for us to make some molds then after winter i'll break her in and have some fun.

bastid
09-08-2008, 08:11 PM
6 spd manual. When I went to order there were 2 unsold white/red smg's but I prefer the mt. whenever I need my smg kick I can always rip around in my business partners m5.

When the car hits port and I pick it up its going string into the shop for us to make some molds then after winter i'll break her in and have some fun.

DCT pees all over SMG in almost every aspect :mrgreen:

What mods will you be installing?

CleanNeon98
09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
E46 FTW!

I dont like the new m3 body style....new BMW styling at all, especially that horrendous X6. I sat in one of these at Manheim already a few months back and it was OK, CF roof is cool, but the car as a whole is hideous. The sedan is a LITTLE better

den9
09-08-2008, 08:29 PM
i didnt think id like the new style either, but when u see it in person its amazing. i would prefer a straight 6 over a V8 though

bastid
09-08-2008, 08:32 PM
E46 FTW!

I dont like the new m3 body style....new BMW styling at all, especially that horrendous X6. I sat in one of these at Manheim already a few months back and it was OK, CF roof is cool, but the car as a whole is hideous. The sedan is a LITTLE better

To each his own, but you aren't exactly driving a supermodel yourself :devil:

CleanNeon98
09-08-2008, 08:36 PM
To each his own, but you aren't exactly driving a supermodel yourself :devil:
Haha, not at all man, if the NC miata came boosted I would have dropped extra cash for that, but cant have em all, I prefer my smaller more manuevarable car anyway. What do you think of BMW's new style?? Everyone I meet its a love or hate thing

bastid
09-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Haha, not at all man, if the NC miata came boosted I would have dropped extra cash for that, but cant have em all, I prefer my smaller more manuevarable car anyway. What do you think of BMW's new style?? Everyone I meet its a love or hate thing

There are certain things I like and other things that I loathe. I think generally speaking BMW is not going in the right direction in regards to keeping their die hard driving enthusiasts happy. They are diluting the brand to meet a larger population of consumers vs. being focused on those who love to drive.

That being said, I love the design of the new e9X 335 and M3. I have always liked the X5. The Z4, 5, and 6 series don't really do anything for me but I don't consider them hideous, where as I thought the previous gen 5-series is still a fantastic design. The 1-series is alright...

The last straw for me was when they discontinued the CSL program for the M3 due to "not enough demand." They have since "refocused" on an M version of the X5 and X6 (totally unnecessary) to battle the AMG SUVs, and the future release of the new M-designed 8-series to drop in 2010.

My next "fun" car will probably come in about 3-4 years, and unless they turn their stuff around and get serious again, I'll be looking into other manufacturers' gems.