PDA

View Full Version : i need to find work

frosti108
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
ive been out of a job for a couple months now. ive been chasing a union road construction company but it turns out they're laying off, not hiring. then i went for a tree service but they already filled the position. i applied to be a tech at one of the dealerships but they instead offered me a detailing job. im having a bit of a hard time here lol. i actually started considering the national gaurd but its probably a bad idea.

anyways i live in chester springs which is a bit north of exton. ive been thinking of moving back to the conshohocken area especially if i found a good job out that way. if you know of any decent places looking for a good guy give me a shout. ive held a wide variety of jobs, and am still open minded...
ive built houses, decks, restored ghetto apartments(windows electrical carpet wood floors drywall plumbing), ive worked with animals, worked outside, delivered pizza, done telemarketing, valet parking, **** even pumped gas lol, i am great with cars... i can pick up anything and do it well.

thanks

frosti108
09-10-2008, 01:02 PM
uuggh. bump for me

420sx
09-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Take the detailing job. Any work is beter than no work, and detailing is pretty good money. I wash cars at a dealership for $5 a car, and I can bump out around 4-5 an hour.

frosti108
09-11-2008, 01:16 AM
well the offer is from a big dealership and they want me to do new cars. everyone in the biz tells me its a no money job and that if im going to detail i should do used cars. most importantly i would have to move to my friends house if i took the job, and the open room has been filled for now. im just having a hard time. ive never had a problem finding a job like this. maybe the economy really is that bad.

anyone have any opinions on the national gaurd? i hear theyre sending everyone to iraq these days. free school and 20k would be nice, but 6 year sign up is crazy.

i def gotta do somethin soon, as my checking account is running low lol ive been getting a tiny bit of sidework with a guy i used to work with, but its only a hundred here and there. im goin nuts

frosti108
09-11-2008, 01:27 AM
anyone know any good job listings besides craigslist???

BustedUjoint
09-11-2008, 01:59 AM
do the coast guard. Shortest boot camp, actual fun jobs. You could do reserves so that you didn't have to go full time or move. Or if you want, I could get you an interview with my Dad, he is a manager for a team that does sales for different software. Up to you. I am not sure what it is paying but I know its between 15-19 an hour. And it's in the Horsham area. PM me if you are interested.

drifty240
09-11-2008, 02:06 AM
have you checked monster. i found my cake job there.... they acutally called me.....

frosti108
09-11-2008, 02:19 AM
do the coast guard. Shortest boot camp, actual fun jobs. You could do reserves so that you didn't have to go full time or move. Or if you want, I could get you an interview with my Dad, he is a manager for a team that does sales for different software. Up to you. I am not sure what it is paying but I know its between 15-19 an hour. And it's in the Horsham area. PM me if you are interested.

i will def look into the coast gaurd. although being the oddity that i am, i think i would be really into boot camp. and about your dads company, i really really appreciate that. 15-19 an hour gives me a **** eating grin, but horsham is like the other end of the world for me lol and i wouldnt want to waste anyones time. really appreciate the offer though

have you checked monster. i found my cake job there.... they acutally called me.....

no i havent checked monster yet, but i will for sure now. good lookin man, see you at drift camp :)

BustedUjoint
09-11-2008, 02:22 AM
i will def look into the coast gaurd. although being the oddity that i am, i think i would be really into boot camp. and about your dads company, i really really appreciate that. 15-19 an hour gives me a **** eating grin, but horsham is like the other end of the world for me lol and i wouldnt want to waste anyones time. really appreciate the offer though.

No problem man. If you change your mind let me know. I drive from levittown to Conshohocken everyday. So, I completely understand why you would pass. As for being an oddity, you can put me in that group as well. I loved JUST about every second of boot camp. 13 weeks on Parris Island sweating my GD nuts off doing all sorts of crazy things. . . Good **** in my book.

frosti108
09-11-2008, 11:57 AM
haha wow 13 weeks you musta been a machine after that. thats awesome. how long is the commute from levittown to conshy?

i live off of 202 and it just scares me to have to commute on it and 76 everyday. some days it will be decent and then some it will just be dead stopped. even all of the back roads surrounding. and then factor in gas prices and putting miles on the cars... commuting just sucks and i try to not even consider it.

btw monster.com is awesome. im going to make the rounds today to some dealerships and what not. i even found out the toys r us is hiring that the exton crew meets at on fridays :lol: but i think ill try to pass on that one...

Soda Popinski
09-12-2008, 01:06 AM
america's job bank is always a sure-fire look. It's attached to the department of labor. It's updated daily too.

frosti108
09-12-2008, 01:48 AM
^^ what exactly is that? more info?

oh and is your avatar from the old school game punch out?

Soda Popinski
09-12-2008, 07:27 AM
http://www.jobbankinfo.org/jobBanksListByState.aspx?state=New Jersey (http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wnjpin/wnjpin_index.html)

Stillen GLE
09-13-2008, 08:15 PM
hey man i detail cars . work at a dealership making 10 an hour doing it so it aint all that bad each day i get better and better at it.