PDA

View Full Version : Need reliable people for important job in october!

halfhorsepower
08-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I need people to help me up at the ticket office area of sleepy hollow hayride. This job includes dealing face to face with thousands of people a night friday saturday and sunday and one thursday on the last week. You will be expected to show up at 6:30 pm and stay till 10:30

Details of job & some info:

you will be working to help keep people out of restricted areas.

You will be responsible for keeping orderly lines and making sure people do not crowd the ticket booth.

You will be helping me cover the exit when i need to help a group.

You must be available every night, in cold, rain, or snow.

The area is paved in gravel & is muddy at times.

There is no flirting with, swearing at/near/around or starting fights with guests no matter what.

You must have good people skills.

You must be able to listen to and follow instructions given by the folks in charge and me.

I have been working here every october since 2001. The worst issue we have up front is lack of reliable people.

Compensation is 35 dollars per night, but may be more or less depending on how they handle that this year.

There is a meeting sometime on a sunday in september where you will be able to meet most of the people involved with the hayride including actors.

The job is very easy and straight forward. On Halloween or other nights you are welcome to come in costume. It is a lot of fun, and there is food provided if you miss dinner or need a snack. You can get on the rides for free, but not the haunted house as it is a separate operation just located on the same grounds. You are welcome one night to go through the house with the actors and other staff free of charge but you must pay other times.

Please do not tell your friends to come and hang out with you, however you can if you are not presently needed hop on a wagon ride with them once. If it's too crowded you will have to join them another time.

Friends & family do not get in for free. PM me for details.

This is an awesome place to work so anyone interested PM me ASAP!!!

- A

Scapegoat
08-25-2008, 02:46 PM
There is no flirting with guests no matter what.

i was interested, then I read this...

halfhorsepower
08-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Ya, well who knows what kinda maniac boyfriend might see it & get crazy. Plus, uhm, sometimes its hard to tell how old the females are & you don't wanna get a smackdown from teh parentz. Gotta keep a professional atmosphere!

- A

Menacing_Gc8
08-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Where is this?

halfhorsepower
08-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Where is this?

Newtown. It's off washington crossing road on highland road on the edge of newtown township.

There's a store with attached gas station near the highland road intersection called village market if that helps you ID the area.

http://www.activeacresfarm.com/page2.html

- A

~Brian~
08-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Sounds like fun! Good luck!

http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=149

probevette
08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Giving up fri,sat, and sun nights to deal with a bunch of punks for $35? No thanks. better off finding some kids in HS to help out.

lownslow95
08-25-2008, 04:24 PM
You must be available every night, in cold, rain, or snow.
- A

I can understand it being cold and raining, but snow? C'mon...:roll: It's like the coldest it gets at night is around 50 or so...:bigeek:

DPancoast
08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
dont jynx it.... you never know

05OCsrt-4
08-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Compensation is 35 dollars per night, but may be more or less depending on how they handle that this year.

i was into it until i saw this

lownslow95
08-25-2008, 06:03 PM
dont jynx it.... you never know

I'm not going to jynx it. When was the last time you or someone you know saw it snow in October?

halfhorsepower
08-25-2008, 07:36 PM
I can understand it being cold and raining, but snow? C'mon...:roll: It's like the coldest it gets at night is around 50 or so...:bigeek:

It has snowed every year i've been there at least one night.

- A

halfhorsepower
08-25-2008, 07:38 PM

It really isn't much work, you just gotta show up & work as a team w/ the other people. As for dealing with punk kids, i do that, not you. :)

- A

halfhorsepower
08-25-2008, 07:42 PM

It might be 30 or it might be 40 is what i mean.

- A

Scapegoat
08-25-2008, 07:51 PM
$8.75/hr ain't bad for BS work like this.

Still, not enough money to pull me out there. Now, if we're talking about hiding and scaring people... I may be interested

cmr076
08-25-2008, 08:06 PM
$8.75/hr ain't bad for BS work like this.

Still, not enough money to pull me out there. Now, if we're talking about hiding and scaring people... I may be interested

X2,

and post pics of said "possibly underage girls who may possibly have crazy boyfriends that could potentially start a fight"

Scapegoat
08-25-2008, 08:23 PM
X2,

and post pics of said "possibly underage girls who may possibly have crazy boyfriends that could potentially start a fight"

just remember, under 16 is underage :lol:

halfhorsepower
08-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Ok, whoever PMed me before has a full PM box so here's the deal. Show up on sept 27 to the front office (ticket office) at around 6 pm. I will be there or helping set up. The lady in charge & the owner is Eleanor. Just ask for her & sign the paperwork and sign in. See you there!

- A

05OCsrt-4
08-25-2008, 09:00 PM
It really isn't much work, you just gotta show up & work as a team w/ the other people. As for dealing with punk kids, i do that, not you. :)

- A

if you let me deal with punk kids in my own manor i work for free :mrgreen: i need a freaking stress reliever

halfhorsepower
08-25-2008, 09:03 PM
if you let me deal with punk kids in my own manor i work for free :mrgreen: i need a freaking stress reliever

Naw. I kick em out!

You should at least stop by the first night, its a saturday. If you don't like it, then you don't have to come back, but if you do, hey you just made 525 bucks!

- Andy

ITSTOCK
08-25-2008, 10:27 PM

This is an awesome place to work so anyone interested PM me ASAP!!!

- A

:bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek:

That's $35 in gas alone for most of us!

If I was working there for 7 years, you could bet your ass that I would be asking for more than that!

halfhorsepower
08-27-2008, 12:46 PM
:bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek::bigeek:

That's $35 in gas alone for most of us!

If I was working there for 7 years, you could bet your ass that I would be asking for more than that!

Dude its a hayride on a farm. Not some hardcore serious job. Ask for more? For standing around asking customers what tickets they want to buy? Come on dude this is a for fun job that pays pretty good for what you actually do! :)

If you are spending $525+ a month on gas then you might want to think about having a switch mode for your engine that limits the fuel mixture when you don't need it.

- A

87fierogt
08-27-2008, 05:41 PM
deff let me know my girl paige is working there so id be able to have a ride everynight

halfhorsepower
08-27-2008, 10:48 PM
deff let me know my girl paige is working there so id be able to have a ride everynight

Sure, come on the 27th, 6 pm sharp!

Someone PMed me asking bout payment & dress code. Payment is cash up front at the end of the night. Casual dress code, you can opt to get a "staff" shirt, or come in costume. Just remember there are lil kids that don't know better so if costume is your pick keep that in mind. So far i have 3 candidates, all i need is 3, max 4. As stated before you can show up the first night & if its not your style you don't have to come back, but let me know so other interested folks have a chance, because its really nuts some nights and i need 3-4 other bodies out there that can do the job. :)

- A

87fierogt
08-28-2008, 10:17 AM
im in. does me needing to show up mean i got the job or is it an interview

Kerplunk105
08-28-2008, 10:32 AM
im in. does me needing to show up mean i got the job or is it an interview

Nah, there is no interview as far as I know, (I've worked there a few times in the past).

As long as you show up, you got the job.

87fierogt
08-28-2008, 11:34 AM
good **** yea itll really help me out im so broke it aint funny

halfhorsepower
08-29-2008, 01:18 AM
good **** yea itll really help me out im so broke it aint funny

Yea, you and 2 other people have inquired, but you're officially on board, anyone else that wants in PM me if you have any other questions, so i can see how many folks i still need to look for.

- A

halfhorsepower
08-29-2008, 02:36 PM
I still need 2-3 more people!!!

- A

MPowerKai
08-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I wish I was only spending 500 a month on gas :(

dsturch1
08-31-2008, 10:11 AM
I wish I was only spending 500 a month on gas :(

x2 - im in the same boat....explorers aren't exactly comparable with the prius lol. :roll:

deadone000
09-05-2008, 12:18 PM
paid cash at end of the shift???also date from start to end , hopefully i can make osme type of arrangements with my current job if possible,pm me, could use a lil extra!

halfhorsepower
09-08-2008, 03:50 AM
x2 - im in the same boat....explorers aren't exactly comparable with the prius lol. :roll:

My bike is awesome for going around town and nearby towns, No gas needed! :mrgreen: I've even biked hungry before, the fuel was motivation to get breakfast. Only real downside is i'd like more than 4 gears and some shock absorbing wouldn't hurt either.

It would be nice though to have a small BMW bike to go farther distances.
------

Still looking for at least one more person!!!

- A

den9
09-10-2008, 11:33 PM
id be interested in working if u can pay me in beer

halfhorsepower
09-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I got all the folks i'll need thank you for your interest!!

- A

timp
09-19-2008, 08:32 PM
I may have been interested to do it if it wasn't 103 miles away. It would cost me that much in gas (probably more) just to make the trip.